When a healer thinks they're dps

Sadly because of things like MDI where DPS are smart enough to not take damage and use their own defenses this allows healers to do some damage, and because players watch this they think it is easy.

Some players just need to learn by playing and doing the basics first, learn the mechanics, keep your group alive and than throw some DPS if you have the luxury to do so, don’t follow the top 1% and think it is easy.

2 Likes

Healer must bring the deeps! Only time to press a heal button is when the incoming attack will bring the tank below zero!

If a dps dies, then it’s the dps’s fault.

1 Like

It was during cata.

Yes but by that same logic, your healer doing that extra damage could have potentially been unable to save some of the DPS who would have died earlier and thus done less damage to the boss. Making your 5% wipe + healer damage of 5% - DPS damage from earlier deaths 17% equating out to a boss you wiped on at 17% instead of 5% all because you wanted your healer to do more damage.

Actually true 90% of the time. Most DPS deaths are avoidable damage. If it’s unavoidable damage you should probs throw them a bone, though.

3 Likes

I dont have a raiding guild. I have stop raiding simply because I dont have the time. You’re just making excuses. I play with 5 other friends on the regular doing m+. But I dont bother them with my alts hence why I pug alot. And as I say again. How is it everyone of you keep complaining about consistently bad players around you and players like me consistently find the good ones when we pug?

My statement still stands bad player seems to attract bad players consistenty hence the consistent complains from you lot

Im not going to argue with you its what i have experienced it may be different for you. I aint by far complaining just what i have ran into.

I agree how its supposed to be.

Sorry if the heals are coming slow, I have to click all of them.

My keybinds are all occupied by dps buttons.

3 Likes

There’s plenty of unavoidable bad. Healers aren’t there to heal your mistakes, were there to heal the damage you can’t avoid.

But sure, I’ll waste my GCD on DPS just to make the DPS players happy that I’m “carrying my share”. Just remember that the next time some RNG unavoidable damage hits you right when I’ve blown that GCD and can’t cast that heal on you in time to keep you alive.

:smirk:

They won’t understand. That we literally need additional UI to manage all of our healing spells (on top of the Damage) is beyond their experience.

Can people make up their mind!? I see this post here complaining that healers want to dps but then i see other posts where people complain that healers don’t help with dps. What the heck!? /confused

Clique and a decent bar mod are amazing.

Other than that the only target-able beneficial abilities I keep on buttons are literally damage stuff and stuff that puts circles on the ground

Would be nice if it was optional but as long as one spec can do it then either it has to suck or all the other ones do

1 Like

I feel personally attacked by this post :frowning:

2 Likes

The only important hit point is the last one.

2 Likes

Also all damage done is preventative healing ) mobs can’t do dmg or cast vile spells if they are down!

We have plenty of mana so this isn’t really an issue any more. Feel free to continue to focus on your job and we can focus on ours. If we wanted to be DPS we would have rolled one.

So… you think healers should be totally helpless only contribute how you want. And totally dependent on dps. And im playing wrong. Gotchta

Btw the game has always been better when people could hybridze, outgear, and off spec. I remember two hunters carrying a 4 key with me healing and a perpetually dead tank. The third dps player in that group was also very bad lol. Good stuff.

I’m very offended and triggered.

1 Like

Hard disagree.

In a dungeon or raid? I think Healers should do their job of healing and not be bothered by thinking they need to do damage to be successful.

If I never needed to do damage in a Raid or Dungeon it would be the perfect PvE healer expereince in my opinion.

If I wanted to do DPS I would have rolled damage.

In a m+ key. We timed it too.

We very much hard disagree. And you will never change my mind.