When a healer thinks they're dps

but if people die that would suggest they needed healing, sooo wouldnt it have been better to keep them alive so they could tank/dps the boss to death?

3 Likes

If the tank needs my help to live, then they need to play better. Unless if theyā€™re a Prot Warrior. Iā€™ll be gentle with Prot Warriors.

That only really works when you pug tho. If you run with the same tank (as I do) all the time they tend to catch on to what you are doing and decide to put your healing skills to the test.

2 Likes

Did Sludgefist as Holy last night. Parsed a 98 in damage. Parsed a 3 in healing.

Pretty sure Iā€™m doing it right.

2 Likes

listen buddy if I have natureā€™s swiftness and soul of the forest both up that 2% might as well be 100% just donā€™t get hit until I have a chance to refresh rip

1 Like

I wish more healers thought like this.

Its usually the opposite. Afk until someone loses a single %.

1 Like

Use context and situational awareness?

But then we canā€™t put things in a neat little Boxā€¦ i dunnoā€¦

For me it works like this:

Does the group need heals?
Yes > Heal them
No >
Are they proactively hotted? Is your mastery on them?
No > Be proactive not just reactive.
Yes >
Is your legendary hps buff going to expire?
Yes > Flash heal, then DPS until itā€™s time to refresh.
No > DPS or do OO5s because youā€™re old school and missed the memo.

I like to keep my hpriest mastery/hot on people. I like to keep my hpriest mastery on people. This means sometimes Iā€™m tapping circle of healing or using renew, especially if Iā€™m expecting big group damage soon.

2 Likes

FFXIV taught me well.

Glad I started playing a healer as a disc priest. This stuff of healers not doing damage is so overboard

1 Like

beating the dps with chain harvest on the kara chess encounter made me smile. it is possible

my teammates standing in fire must be mass psychosis conspiracy simply to hinder my dps

1 Like

playing holy priest on the side this season. I dont know how you people do it. Itā€™s so boring just looking at the health bar. I throw hots here and there then I got nothing to do. So yes from some1 like me who really never heals I find myself throwing a dps on my down time. Itā€™s not that hard, You just need to stop being brain dead stupid

2 Likes

Well all the groups I have been in there health bars always have been moving. If there not taking damage itā€™s not very long before they taking damage again for me to even start dpsing. Always standing in stuff.

1 Like

so why is it you seem to all find these players where I dont and I pug alot :thinking: I guess bad player find bad players all the time

The healer could have also done less damage and kept your party alive.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not by far a bad player but itā€™s difficult to find a decent guild anymore. I find to many that act like children or so strict when it comes to things like only have one raid group or having enough people to play with. Or the ones I do join the people there wonā€™t play with anyone else cause they just want to play with certain people all the time I understand that but at the same time I mean there are reasons to have larger guilds being able to do content without worrying whos on. I have been playing since vanilla so ya I by far not a bad player just alot of stuff has changed.

Laughs in blood dk

Leveling pulling the first 4 packs of necrotic and living

Uhm, word of glory didnā€™t exist during LK

Very true how itā€™s supposed to be

Yes.
And thatā€™s why we have the patented Vincent Healer DPS decision making flowchart.

If youā€™re in the group of players who find themselves looking for play advice in the GD forums this will lead you to the correct decision at least 90% of the time.

The only real question is what constitutes ā€œDoes group need heals?ā€
Big-Badda-Boom incoming? Should probably start precasting that heal or doing some proactive stuff even if they arenā€™t currently dying. But if not, nobody will mind if you throw out a couple DoTs along with those HoTs.