What's your honest thoughts on Dragonflight 1 month in?

I like it overall. However, completely not satisfied with the most important feature of this expansion for ME, which is RSS.

I honestly think it is cool so far.

Although I have been playing wrath classic a bunch also. Just something about the old 1-60 overworld that screams to me.

I Am still working on leveling toons, in both retail dragonflight and classic atm, but I am slowly getting there. I have more fun actually feeling like I accomplished quests dungeons and all that before I get to the big baddies at the top levels.

Hopefully blizzard experiments a bit more with this expansion.

Like bringing back class accessories. That would be cool.

Having a quiver that levels up with my hunter would be pretty lit in dragonflight. Maybe add back the old overworld some day, which will probably never happen, but one can dream.

So many things. Just hoping blizzard tackles some of them, because class accesories would be ripe for this expansion. It was an Idea that was scrapped in wod.

Such a weird statement to make when itā€™s only been out for a little more than a month. Multiple expacs launched to an overall good reception and then created massive problems.

Very much enjoying this xpac. In my top 4 so far.

For any moderators out there, this goes to the art team. The little stacks of books and tables that actually look like they have something on them. Each place an NPC is standing or in the middle of no where looks like the it was actually used at some point. Even the ruins. Just well done.

Also, it just seems more alive. When you get close to the dragon populated areas. Them sleeping and flying around. Seems like an active world. Not just mobs and critters.

Gameplay - talent trees have are much better and more interesting. Always room for some tweaking but way better. Thanks for bringing back Soul Flame on a personal fun level.

1 Like

Honestly, I would agree with you on everything you said. I always enjoyed leveling up, so seeing all that detail going into those things is a nice feature. I am basically a very oldschool wow player, So I explore and look around alot as I level.

Really nice to have wrath of the lich king classic out now as well. I miss those oldschool areas so much. Really nice to see all the original art again. And the original dungeons.

While the overworld isnā€™t super lively. Everything is mainly told through quest text, and the music, and you would occasionally hear, TIME IS MONEY FRIEND!!!. Or or something like that. I truly do miss how open the overworld was back then. You will get lost. In retail, I do not really get lost anymore. Still fun, but it is not as open, and the dungeons are not nearly as open either.

But nice to finnaly have the best of both worlds. Retail still has itā€™s magic for the toons I have had for years and years now.

Itā€™s less weird if you make it more than 8 words into my post to see the caveat before replying.

You said if they rolled back some legion changes itā€™d be the #1 all time expac and thatā€™s what I was referring to.

I donā€™t hate it. However, I have done nothing but level alts and world content. 7 horde 70s, 1 alliance 70 and working on one more alliance 70. My alts do the world boss and major world ā€œstuffā€ on Tues/Wed and then donā€™t have much to do (I am not into grouping really) - so I have been leveling alts from scratch. I assume I will get bored with that and ultimately quit.

1 Like

The first few weeks are fun, but right now I am burnt out just grinding reps, I donā€™t raid or mythic so for me just getting burned out grinding reps is rare this early, taking a break maybe for a week, will pop in just do feast then pop out, got a timer setup for it on the PC if Iā€™m ATK.

The game needs some help still got stale pretty fast actually, hope they open all races and all classes get xfaction done get xfaction guilds dungeons raids, and PVP at least lets us talk to each other. add Gilneas city and make surmar an actual horde city get gnomeregan working get Lordaeron back add housing so I decorate, revamp guilds

I think it is a good expansion that is second to MOP.

Most fun iā€™ve had with the game in years. Still need some refining in some aspects but thatā€™s going to come with time.

People donā€™t seem to remember how even the gameā€™s best expansions had pretty messy early patches.

Middle of the road. Nothing more, nothing less.
I get all I need done in 2 days and put it down and play other games.
Gathering and professions are still trash, especially when compared to the gathering, refining, and crafting system in NW is.

Honestly, Meh. I play arena mostly and they donā€™t really balance things so every comp is DH DK Evoker meta. No change coming soon. I think this expansion will die off faster than shadowlands. Everyone back to classic for ulduar while patiently waiting for another decent MMO to play.

I started a couple of days ago, just messing around casually. Not in a guild & not yet equipped for LFR. There seems to be a pretty bad lack of content compared to previous expansions.

2 Likes

The new profession system is an over engineered flop
The renown crap needs to be removed from the game or else
lets go back to tabards in dungeons to gain it faster.
Class balance in pvp is once again ignored.

Dragon flying needs a lot fo work. We should be able to hover.

5 Likes

love DF. just waiting on Pathfinder to show up :slight_smile:

^ this. All of this.

1 Like

Or they donā€™t feel like making excuses for them.

Its chorecraft 2.0

1 Like