What's your honest thoughts on Dragonflight 1 month in?

What I like
-The new profession system is one of the best things that WoW has done in awhile. For too long have professions felt like an afterthought and completely useless.
-The design of zones are beautiful.
-Dragon flying strikes the perfect balance of feeling fun and useful, but also not trivializing the scenery and adventure.
-The world pvp quests and scenarios are fun and well designed imo.
-I think the reputation/reward/renown system was well designed. I think proffessions really helped bring something of value to the game that wasnā€™t directly player power that you could work towards.

What I donā€™t like
-The questing and story has been a real downgrade in comparison to previous expansions. Honestly think itā€™s pretty bad.
-Dungeon/raid mechanics are not innovative enough. Only thing that comes to mind is the ice mechanic in the spider boss for raidā€¦ thatā€™s about it.
-You succumb to the streamer pressure of enabling group loot for raids instead of personal loot. I am back to having everything loot counciled, as a healer giving away all my gear is NOT fun. People wanting a system that they can funnel gear to a single person just doesnā€™t make any sense in a community game like this. It also makes things LESS competitive, as a select few people get all the gear and can blow everyone out of the water because of it.
-All of the exploits and errors that occurred during the expansion giving people a huge advantage either in gear or professions.

I love the profession system

Literally what chores?

I love what they did to the world and the improvements to PvP gearing but i hate what they did to my spec for PvE.
So much so i dont even want to play.

Dragon Flight is only one week of content. 2 weeks if you alt

5 Likes

If I exclusively only did new & present expansion content, I donā€™t think Iā€™d feel all that engrossed with it tbh. In mixing my DF stuff in with all the other things I piddle around with though, itā€™s a good mix for me.

2 Likes

Its mid.

Itā€™s amazing. Iā€™m raiding, im lvling alts, im gearing up. I love it.

Im just taking my time doing thingsā€¦ilvl 377ā€¦need to get reps up to finish the main story lineā€¦2-9ā€¦chaptersā€¦professionsā€¦are disaster of courseā€¦If I can get into heroicā€¦and some low mythicsā€¦my goal is to get 415-430ā€¦