What's your honest thoughts on Dragonflight 1 month in?

Quests are fine. Not enough Pandaren. Terrain is hell. Capital is kinda butts.

as someone who doesnā€™t care about PVP or gearing up through m+/raiding, itā€™s pretty bad. the content available for players like me is very superficial and unrewarding. Iā€™ve already unsubbed. Iā€™ve never quit this early into an expansion before. even SL lasted me 6 weeks.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pushing harder keys than I ever have before with crappier gear than what I had in SL S4(comparatively), so itā€™s very exciting.

I absolutely love profession changes!

I feel unqiur as a jewel crafter specializing in rings and i am wearing multiple pieces of crafted gear!

M+ is a blast. Best dungeon rotation since bfa.

hmmm
kinda disappointed

3 Likes

Love it. Huge fan of the lack of borrowed power systems and not being forced to do chores to gain power. Dragonflight is significantly more enjoyable than normal flying also.

I guess if I ever get addicted to crack I might see it.

Most people I was playing with enjoyed bfa, myself included. There was a lot of really genuine fun stuff in that expansion, which unfortunately was thrown away when SL launched.

Fine. Very average. Which is a significant improvement from the previous few expansions.

Group loot can get lost, however. Thatā€™s a fun little feature I could do without.

So far Iā€™m liking it. Not too fond of the profession changes and I miss the daily world quests. The addition of flying has made it a lot more enjoyable for me.

Better than Shadowlands but thatā€™s not saying much, and itā€™s certainly not enough to keep me interested in the game. My time is set to expire in February and Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll just let it run out.

Now that Iā€™ve hit most of my goals as far as the different factions are concerned i.e. Iā€™ve unlocked different colorations for the mounts, etc. Iā€™m really feeling burned out and bored with progressing any further. Like Iā€™m not capped with any of the new accords but I also donā€™t care as there isnā€™t much point to grinding it out. And that is the problem: it feels like a tedious grind in Dragonflight, probably the worst rep grind system theyā€™ve put in place since Warlords of Draenor tbh.

Professions are an overcomplicated mess. Like I get what Blizzard was trying to do with them, but itā€™s just not working. Hardly anybody at all uses crafting orders, and leveling your professions and learning new patterns is just an utter pain to wrap oneā€™s head around.

2 Likes

Not that great. After the main leveling all there is to do but Farm rep if you are not into high end Raiding, M+, or PvP. The new prof system is not good and only reinforces that there are profs that are not only better than others, but others have been left in the dust by the devs.

5 Likes

Great expansion. Everyone of us has more freedom to do other things than playing PC games.

1 Like

Poor, poor scribes lol

Yep. No new glyphs (Thanks PvP), and nothing but mediocre items that no one wants thanks to the raid now being out.

I honestly have not played it, from observing It seems to be doing better than the new game Iā€™ve invested my time in for now.

Whatā€™s your honest thoughts on Dragonflight 1 month in?

Rep grinds still suck.

I actually like dragon riding now that I have all the skills.

Vault of Incarnates is a pretty decent raid tier.

The new profession system is overwhelming. I like what Blizzard tried to do but they took it too far.

I donā€™t get the purpose of Primalist Storms. I only acquired a few pieces of gear before I ā€œout grewā€ it.

Rep grinds still suck.

Itā€™s waaaay better than SL but I havenā€™t played in weeks. The professions and the dungeons going zoom really killed me from wanting to play anymore so Iā€™ve unsubbed for now. I think in general, yeah itā€™s received well enough and loads of people are having fun and I did too for a bit. I personally prefer Classic though and donā€™t think Retail is really for me but Iā€™m on a WoW break as it is. Off to finally play my Steam games again.

Not good.
Not bad.
Just alright.

There are things I enjoy (the variety of things to do to gear alts, multi-tap skinning, the idea behind professions, the idea behind the work order system, the group content), and things I loathe (Dragon falling, the implementation of professions, the implementation of the work order system, outdoor Torghast with timers). Taken as a whole though itā€™s OK.

Game is good. Howeverā€¦ at least for me once I got to around 385 ilvl gearing becomes a drag. Mythic plus drop rates suck and my vault doesnt give me what I want. At this point I just feel I will get more value out of other games.

1 Like