What's your honest thoughts on Dragonflight 1 month in?

If you dont M+ or raid or rated PVP, DF ain’t for you. Dead world content. Professions are pretty much a huge miss. Crafting orders are a bust, etc.

8 Likes

It was enjoyable while I played. Better than SL. Still same old stuff I had issue with at endgame though. Hyper toxicity, Hyper competitive, not much of a social atmosphere for casual players that sticks.

I’m enjoying it more than any other exception with the possible exception of mop.

Most people that think Legion was amazing only remember the later half of the expansion, when AP was basically pointless. And yeah, it was pretty great once that was the case, but before that, it was soul-sucking.

Also, the “class fantasy” reworks ruined a few specs I enjoyed, so there’s that.

4 Likes

Yep. My friends list legit died early legion. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

3 Likes

I’ve come to hate vengeance DH.
I absolutely love how Prot warrior is a combination of just about everything I’ve always loved about the class over the years.

• The talent trees are the best thing they have done in years.
  • Dragon riding is great to get from one place to another but absolutely sucks donkey when it comes to gathering. I hate not being able to use my mount collection for DR.
  • Profession are fun but they need knowledge catch up and some way in game to explain what everything is. 1 month in and I’m still a bit lost as my main was herb and alch.
  • M+ seems to have gotten even more mechanics and in my opinion really needs to start being scaled down in that department.
  • The raid is a lot of fun outside of the fights that have forced movement. Its a theme they are going heavy on for some reason and it really hurts some classes more than others.
  • The new main city is great, it has everything you need although I still end up using Ogrim more as its more fitting for an orc.
  • Art assets and music are for the most part pretty good. Although there are some that are oddly smooth and plastic looking.
  • I love the heavy fire theme. Its always been one of my favorites.
  • I like the loot system, although I think for pugs there should also be an optional system for personal loot that is locked in at the start of the run and notified to everyone. It would prevent some loot drama.
  • A bit to much concern over who likes who and romance. Make more war less love. I don’t want to play a game about being a 70’s anti war hippy.
1 Like

As someone who mainly plays for wpvp this is my list.

MoP > Cata > Wrath > WoD > TBC > Legion > BFA > SL

Still not sure where to put DF due to honeymoon phase atm but I’m happy to at least see people in Warmode but I miss the original World Defense alert and none instance pvp era most.

Main reason I stick around anymore is the art team and zone developers.

I can’t say this. I’m about 75% on board right now.

Crafting is a convoluted mess, and renown seems like a HUGE struggle to get anywhere.

Unlocking WQs took what seemed forever (thank goodness that’s account-wide) and once I did, I found that some of the armor drops are stuck in PvP areas. I spent about an hour trying to farm whatever I was supposed to get, and I was getting attacked by other players while doing it. That’s not at all fun. If I want to PvP, I’ll join a BG or turn on WM.

Crafting and renown need fixes. Beyond that, the rest of the game is fine, and I even enjoy Dragonriding and hope it’s not just a one-trick pony.

I quit Shadowlands three weeks in, and even before that was feeling cynical about it. Month into Dragonflight and I don’t feel cynical yet. The absence of borrowed power and small improvements and features have been adding up for me.

Now, does it feel as big with as much to do as WotLK was in its first phase? Not even close, but for a modern expansion after dissapointments like WoD, BfA and SL I think we’re finally on the right track.

2 Likes

i realized this when BFA came out LOL

It’s okay.

I’ve got things to work on, and am starting to unlock dragon skins and whatnot.

I think professions are going to end up being the reason this expansion gets skipped when it gets shuffled off to Chromie Time.

I do not find the tuskaar feast to be an enjoyable experience.

Repetition of content makes the sloppy, buggy bits stand out. Like crashing out of the game because I landed on a spot wrong (which is not a new problem) or getting to a spot in the Waking Shore where there are six nodes on the radar and four are unreachable because they’re buried inside cave walls (also not a new problem). Putting any nodes or treasures near zone transitions should have been discouraged because they are nothing but phased disappointment.

3 Likes

It’s alright except professions are a mess if you didn’t no life them from the get go or exploit dragonshards.

Its done some good things but also a lot of bad. So i cant say im very happy with it.
Better than expected though, hopefully it continues to do so.

The gameplay is the same so its ok. I like the new flying and professions. the promise of being more alt friendly was BS. Class balance is still horrible when it really shouldn’t be that difficult at this point with how frequently they can push a patch or hotfix. Lots of bugs and UI breaking addons. so I guess its just OKAY

1 Like

Enjoying it for the most part. The raid has been fun, as have the dungeons. I feel very behind in the story, with how it’s tied to renown and I don’t have time to endlessly grind it out (just been doing WQs and the weekly quests). I finally found time to start leveling my first alt but have found myself a bit overwhelmed. My brain knows that there’s profession and other stuff locked behind renown, so it’s like “You need to do all the things” even though I just wanna get her to cap. xD

Burned out on newer content, going back to older stuff to work on some achievements and pet battles and spending some time roleplaying.

I have no complaints. :slight_smile:

It’s pretty good. I rather enjoy it.

I’m kinda glad I don’t feel like if I don’t log in every single day I’m screwed and losing progress.

I like being able to get BoP items through the item trading system. Herbalism has a little bit more flavor to it with elemental overloading. Alchemy is alright I guess.

I haven’t done more than level the character I always level. Been mostly engaging in world content. Have a 385 item level shaman. My only real issue is restoration shamans are in a pretty awful place right now. :\

1 Like

Not caring that much for it right now really…

I opened 9 vaults yesterday so yeah I’d say I’m enjoying it.

3 days of sub time left. About like that.

6 Likes