What's your honest thoughts on Dragonflight 1 month in?

I’ve run into this. It resolved on its own somehow.

To be honest, I thought you were going to say the arcane charges bug for mages, because that drives me bonkers. It’s got something to do with Dragonriding that causes it.

1 Like
  • Really like it.
  • It was definitely rushed, and the bugginess shows that.
  • Good to see long retired guildies return for it.
  • Looking forward to see how the faster pace of content delivery works out.
  • Thinking they over complicated professions. They may be the garrisons of this expansion. A good idea taken much too far.
1 Like

Oh that arcane charge bug is indeed incredibly annoying! It just doesn’t completely cut me out of engaging with my Enchanting profession the way the other bug does. You’re fortunate the bug cleared on it’s own for you. I wish I knew what to do. I tried all the suggested fixes and even did a clean install on a machine that never had WoW on it, all to no avail.

Thanks for mentioning Dragonriding in regards to the arcane charge bug though! I didn’t even think of that! Hopefully that gives Blizz a clue for a fix.

Pros- Lots of ways to gear up and collect power levels either via dungeons to M+, or classic raiding, or world grinding of the elemental storms. (PvE)

Solo shuffle is nice way to get players in arena, just needs to be tweaked a bit.

Cons- Encountered a lot of different WQ bugs or WQs just not able to work because of the shard I’m in.

Not really a fan of the talent trees where they implemented the worst received expansion and thru in their abilities in it.

Professions and Rep Gating (renown) are probably the worst on this list of cons as the crafting orders and some of the knowledge points in your profession were / are still bugged. You can literally brick your professions and be hard stuck at 50.

I’m sure there are more but those are the glaring ones off the top of my head other than my experience of the frequent disconnects that occur this expansion and didn’t have those same issues in previous ones.

I’m genuinely enjoying myself. The endgame so far is more promising than Shadowlands and BfA were at this same junction.

I appreciate the flexibility in leveling, reputation across characters, and overall the amount of everything you can do. It feels fluid and I feel that old spark of excitement to play I used to have when I started back in 2005.

I like the direction of professions but they are a bit messy at the moment. That said, I love the concepts so far and that they’re more important. Also, judging from the road map, professions will stay important, rather than be dropped a month into the expansion.

Overall, I’m happy to be playing again. Took my longest break from the game during Shadowlands because the expansion was un-engaging, the plot hard to enjoy, it didn’t feel like WoW, and finally the lawsuit. Having a good expansion to come back to, as well as Blizz (so far) commit to many cultural and personnel changes, has left me in a happy place so far and cautiously optimistic for WoW’s future.

1 Like

It’s the borrowed power … shh, don’t tell anyone. Just wait till they switch it up between xpacs … and all the no borrowed power kids have a jaw drop moment.

It’s real fun. Lots to do, don’t feel starved for fun activities.

I enjoy it a good deal. It’s a return to roots in a way, and the entire landmass has a “classic fantasy” vibe to it that hasn’t been around since Legion at least.

Combat feels good as always, and I do like the talent trees, though at times they’re a bit frustrating to get what you want out of them.

Dragonriding is a huge change, probably the most interesting one they’ve done in a long while, and it will be very difficult to ever go back to an old school flight scenario.

I do really enjoy how professions work now, but it can come across as a bit convoluted, and it is all almost prohibitively expensive for the typical player.

A player who isn’t planning well can nerf themselves pretty quickly if they dump points in professions willy-nilly. And while orders are a nice touch, not being able to specify the quality you want doesn’t feel great.

VotI is a fun raid. 5 man instances are decent. If they stick to their announced timelines, this will be the best expansion since Legion with ease.

1 Like

I guess since my worst complaint is the botched professions and the rep gated story I guess I can in all honesty say it’s pretty good compared to past 3 releases.

Half of that complaint is just basically “I like it but I would like to see MORE of it.”.

1 Like

Enjoy it quite a bit.

Solid A for … just about everything.

Professions get an “A” for effort, but absolute “F” for implementation. What should have been the crowning achievement for this expac, almost makes me want to hate the whole thing.

And that’s just on my main!

Let’s talk about how it will take 9months to a YEAR to be able to craft raid-ready mats on my alts.

On second thought… let’s not. It’s too depressing.

It’s still a good expac but, professions are GARBAGE.

I’m also tired of Blizzard continuing to look the other way at such obvious, degenerate behavior. So we’re just going to let the Cobalt Assembly mega-farming keep going the way it is? Or 2x4 groups? Or other exploits that Blizz obviously KNOWS about??

That’s getting old.

Plays pleasantly relaxed.

What I like strikingly is the strong role-playing factor of the Dracthyr, because as a race/class combination, they stand out very well from the rest.
It’s so much more fun when there’s a clear separation and it’s not all one soup. RPG lives from such differences. More of that please…
I would have liked to see that in the Worgen as well, and it would have fit them very well. An exclusive Worgen class towards wild melee fighter as DD or tank.

Otherwise, it’s still quite early to evaluate the add on. I hope you get a lot of story in length, but also breadth including depth in the further course. Also the side quests, should be better interesting quest strands, than any mass quests to work off.

I would have liked it very much with the Dracthyr, if you could decide for a dragon aspect and the spells then commit to the element. So fire breath becomes frost breath or lightning breath depending on which aspect you follow.
That would have strengthened the depth of the class and the uniqueness a bit more. Also, it would have been fun to play a frost dragon, for example, and another player would have chosen the black dragon swarm and cast dark magic or something.

I think the dragon races are good. I haven’t quite figured out the professions yet, but I’m still in the process of building them up. Find it but for now more interesting than how it was before. Especially with talent trees, etc.

So far it is entertaining in any case. But I also play slowly and have no focus somehow to race into an endgame. I’m much more interested in the game world and its story, my talent development and specialization, what defines and makes RPG most.
Any sports game endgame item exchange games in sports arenas, are less interesting to me.
I’d like to have more toughness in the open world and interact with people, too much solo play doesn’t do MMORPGs any good and also hampers the co-op foundations.

Otherwise, wait and see… Also, Diablo 4, should it not be a cheap endgame rip-off, could change my priorities… But that still has time… Besides, the graphics cards are currently absurdly expensive, even too insane. Whether my old 1070ti from Nvida still manages D4 halfway is questionable. But buying a current one is somehow ridiculous, costs more than a new high-end complete PC without graphics card.

What are these people thinking? The graphics cards are also delivered by machine in the end for the most part… It’s done as if there, like in the old days of a watchmaker, months who builds by hand rum… As always pathetic rip-off, one should not support … How much profit is made there now… In the end, the things lie with them on stockpile, because it is worthwhile to hold back the cards… We already know from other areas… repulsive!

It’s maybe a 6.5/10. It’s better than SL, but the loot system makes me not want to play really. PvP is still jank due to the amount of CC. Mythic+ is a toxic mess. But the zones and whatnot are cool. Dragon riding is good, but new mechanics like that were needed 5 years ago.

1 Like

I like having a “flying-like” option right off the bat. It means that I’m not collecting quests in my log because I look at the map, realize that I’ll have to hoof it on foot across 3 zones and decide to “come back to it later”. I can pick and choose quest hubs, and I don’t feel like I’m wasting an hour of game time just traveling to WQ sites.

In BFA and SL, I ended up leveling one or two characters to max level and waited to level any alts until after flying. In DF, I’m already leveling alt #8.

The part that I absolutely despise is the new professions. I tried initially to jump into the fray but now I’ve given up (seeing as best recipes are locked behind RNG drops). My alts send each other crafting orders, and I sell herbs and ore on the AH, that’s the extent to which I’m willing to engage with this ridiculous system.

Mostly decent… worst things so far:

-Group loot
-Overgrown Ancient

So far meh.

I was looking forward to professions but they’re more convoluted than they should be and too many things are locked behind renown. UI for it also sucks. Also F for not bringing back Archaeology in an expansion made for it.

Not a fan of dragonriding - it’s fast but too fast for my liking to just explore. Also don’t want to play a mini game every time I get on a flying mount. Fine for what it is, it’s just not for me. Traversing zones is a pain with and without it at times.

The story is ok. I haven’t finished it yet, but what I’ve seen is fine. Dracthyr are fine. General UI improvements are nice, although there are still things they can do to improve it more.

Overall, I’ve spent more time doing older content and holiday events than in the Dragon Isles for the last month. Which kinda surprised me since I love dragons and want to see the Aspects regain their power. I like it better than BfA and Shadowlands, which I didn’t hate or love, but they’re not a very high bar :rofl: I loved MoP and this is nowhere near that level - yet (still too early to tell how it will end up).

3 Likes

I like it. Very little wrong with it. My biggest problems have been the overblown and bloated and bag space destroying professions. Spreadsheets and external research aren’t fun for me, so I’ve just been ignoring the whole thing. Thinking about just dumping all my professions on all my alts and just doing double gathering from now on.

Other than that, I’m not a fan of some class tuning and some talent trees suck more than others, normal, every expansion stuff.

They really could do a much better job introducing game systems.

Liking it so far. I was struggling to keep playing at this point in Shadowlands.

I like it, especially the Timewalking dungeons.

Pretty solid so far, not horribly overwhelmed with crap to do, feel like i can progress in multiple ways through out the game. Overall good so far.

Only thing i will say is kinda poop, is the crafting order system imo is a failed experiment.

For the first time in a very long time in wow, im logging in doing content not becuase i feel like im obligated to because ill fall behind, but because i actually want to do it.
DF is the first time since like…idk, legion? that i dont feel like i have a ball and chain on.

1 Like