What's your honest thoughts on Dragonflight 1 month in?

I’ve been enjoying it.

I have 52 normal raid kills including clearing it in one sitting multiple times.
15 kills for Heroic with 7/8 cleared except the final boss.

I’ve done quite a few of M0’s (all new dungeons), and M+ dungeons that are current for the season.

I think it is pretty fun, and I really enjoy the raid. I am hoping to do Mythic and get AOTC well before my next college semester.

The professions are slightly confusing still, but nothing I can’t figure out if I decided to invest more time into them.

Reputation grinds… eh I’ve been slacking pretty hard honestly. I quit after I hit around 13, and anything gained since I hit 13 rep is passively done through content.

I really wish valor wasn’t so hard capped, but I understand why it is hard capped to some degree.

Dragonriding is still enjoyable and more fun than flying, plus more efficient and convenient.

I would give S1 DF a solid 8/10 maybe a 9/10 tbh.

I’m enjoying how easy it is to get gold. I never bothered gold farming in Shadowlands, maybe it was the same then. All I know is I’m able to make a good chunk just by flying around Azure Span collecting herbs for an hour or two. All the while there’s a chance I could also pick up a pollen to increase my herbalism knowledge. It’s a fun system.

Love it so far looking like it could be the new best expansion and set a standard for future expansions it

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I guess you’re entitled to your opinion, I just can’t agree with this like, at all though.

As for my take, DF feels so soulless. I felt like I could play Shadowlands by myself and enjoy it. The PUG experience in DF so far has been… not it. I don’t really want to try raiding again because raiding still seems cringe. I’m probably just going to go play Elden Ring or something when my sub runs out, I dunno.

2 Likes

It’s probably my favorite expansion since TBC, and I wouldn’t want to go back to TBC because there were so few QoL features back then.

Hard disagree on both.
DF overall is a strong C for me currently. I think it’s a bit too early to say where the xpac will land with me, we’re just in the beginning stages.
Dragonriding is very fun, so it has that going for it.

2 Likes

Haven’t been able to play that much but so far I’m liking the zones, professions, and dungeons, I don’t like the seasonal affix tho

1 Like

Best expansion Blizzard has ever released, without a doubt.

There’s no other expansion that even comes close, not even WotLK or MoP.

It’s a very mixed bag for me. The terrain is annoying, it’s frustratingly buggy, and after having no damns to give about professions forever, they found another way to screw them up.

I’m on the fence at the moment. Should I stay or should I go?

8 Likes

I’d also like to add my disappointment in their quiet abandoning of Archaeology.

5 Likes

Irritated by loot problems. I try joining a guild raid for first time in 5 years and the problems with the loot system have me ready to stop playing entirely. It is just too exasperating. I don’t give a crap about what WoW calls “loot”. It isn’t even loot, it is a placeholder for loot. And yet every single aspect of the game is strangled to death by number go uppers.

1 Like

I’m enjoying myself. Then again after the dumpster fire that was Systemsland, the only way to go was up.

1 Like

Its okay. Still seems that the development team really hates open world players but it is what it is.

Overall, having a great time. The environments are wonderful and full of so many little details, and the zones feel huge. I have never been a fan of cosmic power levels, so I am a bit cautious for the “main” story, but it’s had so many good moments and the sidequests make me hopeful.

I have a few real complaints, though.

The loot rules, as mentioned a lot in other posts, for the reasons mentioned in those posts.

Gating the main story by rep. I have two levels of Dragonscale rep to grind to get more story. Only cosmetics should be locked behind rep, imo. I have a lot of other things I am doing, but not being able to proceed with the story, it suddenly feels a bit like floundering. Story is important, Blizz.

As a hunter: locking two highly-desired pet types behind a rep grind was a jerk move. >:T

I am mostly okay with Dragonriding, despite having coordination issues IRL. However, some of the landings–the tiny area your dragon will stop flying on a mountaintop, combined with their tendency to keep moving anyway, and the sudden jerks of the camera when you try to fly back down again–this needs work.

It’s great. I’m keeping busy, just wandering around exploring and boosting my reputation.

1 Like

Moving away from borrowed power systems feels really good. If Blizzard can keep up with consistent content releases and stick to the landing, I’ll be happy. I’m not burned out and my gripes aren’t overshadowing what I enjoy. Hoping we do get an actual archaeology revamp, though.

Personal rankings: Wrath>MoP>Legion>DF>TBC>Vanilla>Cata>BfA>SL>WoD

Trying to gear for PvP through just random BGs as alliance is like pulling teeth.

1 Like

So far I have no real issues with Dragonflight beyond a rather significant bug a small number of players (including myself) that has still not be fixed. That’s not to say it’s “perfect”. There’s always room for improvement, and I do think some talent trees were better designed than others, but for the most part I have little to complain about besides the aforementioned bug.

The bug I mentioned has resulted in affected players not being able to see or interact with the specialization pane of one of their professions since the launch of the expansion. Instead of seeing the pane properly, we see either the specialization pane of our other profession, or we see this:

Imgur

It’s NOT an addon/cache/wtf related issue. I have personally tested doing a fresh install of WoW on a different machine, with no addons ever installed, and it still looks the same. I get that bugs happen, but this one seems to have been left to rot since launch just because it only affects a small number of players. But those of us affected are essentially unable to engage with one of our professions or engage with the market regarding that profession properly since the launch of Dragonflight, with no ETA on a fix.

I am enjoying it still, it is better than the first month in SL and I don’t have to worry about if I picked the wrong covenant or not.

1 Like