What's your favorite quest in wow?

The Horde one in Jade forest where you control the npcs it tells the story of what your allies were doing with Riko lmaooo :joy: I wish there was a way to redo that quest whenever you want.

1 Like

The “Battered Hilt” quest chain is without comparison.

The Quel’Serrar quest chain is, effectively, tied for 1st. While sinking the sword into Onyxia and all the rest of that quest chain is epic, the fact that it can’t be done by EVERYONE keeps it from the absolute top spot.

Battered Hilt. Go do it-- now.

2 Likes

i like the quest in grizzly hills where you eat the nuts that are in that one bucket and your character really enjoys them and nothing else happens

3 Likes

The Make a Wish foundation quest in Mulgore.
It still makes me sad.

My favorite quest was when I closed my wallet and decided to give WoW a break until they fix the game and they become more transparent and listen to their gamers instead of dead silence.

#WoWRefugee
#FinalFantasyXIV

Dwarf voice
I’M GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE

1 Like

The Draenor opening sequence to the garrison. Done it over 20 times, never bores me. Love the music and the feel of the beginning of that expansion.

1 Like

I hate the quest, but the one where you rescue bears in Hyjal made me laugh for like five minutes when I missed the trampoline and killed the thing for the first throw.

2 Likes

“End of the Risen Threat”

I found the Runas the Shamed quest line the most poignant :frowning:

“Dun-da-Dun-tah!”, just because of the quest name.

1 Like

My favorite encounter, if it’s even in the game anymore, is the final encounter in Dire Mall for the warlock mount. That was a total hoot! Even after I did it I took a number of warlocks through who wanted their mount but didn’t have the required things for the encounter. I wish they had more stuff like that in the game, still.

1 Like

My favorite is still The Day That Deathwing Came.

But, yes, the show you put on for the NF intro is also way up there, and I highly recommend anyone with a theater background do that. Also the bear rescue in Cata.

My favorite long chain (that isn’t the discovery of the history of Azeroth), is only available in Classic now, and that’s The Legend of Stalvan chain. So…depressing, but good storytelling.

1 Like

either the one in borean tundra where you can get a whole bunch of baby murlocs to follow you around

or the one where you ride a giant fireball guy and mow down all the gnomes.

they’re both adoreable

1 Like

the elwynne forest quest chains when you make a human. ooo man idk what it is but to me it is what i imagine what every mmorpg starting zone should feel like. it’s simple, looks nice imo, mobs are not overly dramatic like gargoyles or just randomness of creatures that you’d typically see end game.

quests are pretty close together. sadly i dont play alliance anymore nor have for many years now but i still enjoy playing through the area

1 Like

The Last Rites questline in Borean Tundra.

Followed by The Day Deathwing Came.

Followed by the one where you crap out seeds in Grizzly Hills.

I liked the Crusader Bridenbrad (sp?) line a lot. It’s neat when quests get you to go around the world for things that aren’t necessarily directly related to the main xpac story. It’s sort of touching, when even a cosmically powerful being like A’Dal is like, “yeah… this guy is too far gone.”

It’d be cool to see him in SL somewhere.

2 Likes

The Jade Forest. That whole zone feels like a complete story, with an introduction, rising action, climax, falling action, and epilogue.

The one where you sit on a horse and become the quest giver.

3 Likes

I always enjoyed the Forsaken quests when you start getting out into Hillsbrad Foothills, as a quest giver then meeting Johny Awesome, the Orc guy those were good.
I always liked doing the Linkin Sword quest line, or something like that but man you had some traveling to do. Not even sure it is still in the game or not if it is I’m sure it is not as long.

Reading thru the thread there are some good ones listed.

edit: If you have never run thru the Forsaken quest lines, roll a Forsaken and level to about 34 or 35 I highly recommend it. It will be a unique experience.

1 Like