What's your favorite quest in wow?

Yes!! Now I have to run a character through Cata…just to do that one thing! LOL

1 Like

All the Mists farm related stuff.

5 Likes

ALL (Actually MOST) Outland Nagrand Questlines.

Idk, there is something appealing about them.

Killing animals.
Helping elementals.
Ogre Diplomacy.
Saving Corki again… and again… and again…

It’s a very simple quest zone.

3 Likes

The BFA intro scenario where you run around with the plague sprayer, fumigating alliance pests.

The Day that Deathwing came. Yes, i know it’s technically 3 quests, but i don’t care. They’re all great.

6 Likes

If you liked that one you should try the bfa campaign quest where you control a lava golem and commit genocide against the steam wheel cartel as a wave of volcanic doom

1 Like

Thoroughly enjoy that one too, it shows just how vicious and blood thirsty the alliance are.

1 Like

The Agamand Mills quests in Vanilla Tirisfal. I remember finding it so cool that every family member you slayed was a different kind of undead, plus the tragedy of the mill being betrayed to the scourge by the youngest brother was some great storytelling.

2 Likes

Loved that starting zone as well. Was a great change of pace playing as a character that’s already got it set in life with a job, partner and house (player housing was nice for the 5 levels we had it). Also just loved the aesthetic of Kezan and driving around on all its roads.

Oh good question. I really enjoyed all of the Harrison Jones quests in Cataclysm. A lot of my favorite quests are heavily influenced by my enjoyment of the zone they are in though :slight_smile: :smile:

3 Likes

OMG the Sons of Arugal were my first introduction to elite world mobs. So many graveyard runs.

My favorite isn’t in the game any more, and it’s actually two quest chains – the one for the Paladin’s Warhorse, and the one for the Paladin’s Charger.

1 Like

I love the Arthas quest chain that runs through a few zones in Northrend, most notably Dragonblight and Icecrown.

Other notable quest chains:

• Pushing the demons back in SMV (BC), leading up to the Black Temple raid
  • The Searing Gorge quests that led to BRD (pre-Cata)
  • The entire Fight-The-Legion group of chains throughout Legion

All of the pre-Cata human stuff was kind of one huge chain that led up to saving Westfall with the Deadmines questline, then saving Darkshire from Stitches. Remember when taking him down used to require a full group? Man that was fun…

2 Likes

My choice is sorta recent but it is the intro part of the NF covenant campaign. My toon is named after a performer in a popular fictional dystopian series, The Hunger Games, she is in so it fit her in a way being the star on stage in front of an audience. I liked it too because I was gone for most of Cata, all of MoP, WoD, Legion, and most of BfA so it was a recap for me of the events that took place with the lore. I just thought it was hilarious, entertaining, and super cute doing those quests.

1 Like

The one in Ashenvale where you and 4 Orcs assault a NE outpost.

1 Like

Bashing in human skulls with a shovel because they make bad crops.

• Shady Rest Inn

• Paladin Charger

• Pamela Redpath

• Any quest that sends me far and wide for something deeply personal, like Crusader Bridenbrad.

4 Likes

It used to be a quest line in a town that no longer exists in the game. It involved a druid who loved a girl and he was separated from. In the end he found the girl but she had died just before his return. I actually cried after I did that chain.

No longer there because Blizzard killed it in the Cata expansion.

1 Like

I really liked the Daughter of the Sea quest line in BFA.

But my favorite has always been helping Tirion Fordring in vanilla Eastern Plaguelands. I was a Warcraft n00b who didn’t realize the significance of the person I was helping. But ending on the failed rescue attempt of his son was really sad.

I got to do it again in Classic for all the nostalgia feels. Except this time I was Alliance so I was super confused when he didn’t send us to kill the big boi worm and bat mobs. Until I realized I was getting OG Nathanos Blightcaller’s Horde quests mixed in with my Tirion Fordring memories.

Runner up, the Redpath story that ends in the Battle for Darrowshire. Even as a Warcraft noob the sadness of knowing the Scourge just devastated Azeroth was a lot. Back when WoW had a great writing team.

1 Like

If you mean Anaya Dawnrunner, the quest is still there, though the name has changed slightly (it’s now “A Love Eternal” vs. “For Love Eternal” as it was before Cata’s revamp), and the questgiver’s location and quest locations have also changed.

1 Like