What's with the constant social contract spam?

There are no updates. It’s just been randomly popping up. There was a blue post on this in CS a while back. It’s unintentional, iirc. But I’m having a difficult time finding it. Either Orlyia or Vrak explained it. Could have been a deleted thread.

2 Likes

oh…is that it? its been updated so it pops again?

It’s that thing that says ‘hey, be nice, don’t say slurs’ when you first log in and maybe rarely once a year.

1 Like

Just the anti hate speech agreement to play the game coming up from time to time

1 Like

Ah, I wasn’t aware of that. I haven’t seen it pop up in about three months or so.

huh…the wife and I both got it in the last 7 days or so.

Here’s a more recent thread with a link to a Vrak comment, but I can’t find the other comment I’m looking for.

2 Likes

I see several people saying it keeps popping up, so there might be a bug there. Or my ElvUI is blocking it without my knowledge.

1 Like

oh right…ADDONS… likely it is going out to everyone and addons are hosing it for some. makes sense.

Yeah, that would make more sense. Still, it’s just weird; you’re supposed to be disconnected if you don’t accept so blocking the window gets around it? Or is it really just a display bug that prompts the contract to keep popping up and some addons are blocking this annoyance? Could also be some addons actually cause the bug. There’s just too many possibilities thanks to all the variables.

1 Like

I took a 6 month break and got it when I logged on. I’ve gotten it before after taking breaks. I suspect it’s just a thing that occurs randomly and after certain updates.

Huh, I coulda sworn I had seen a blue post saying it did. Ok then, I shall edit my post to remove that bit.

are we calling really one pop up every few months spam?

addons can only do what blizz allows, and I seriously doubt they allow hiding the social contract pop up.

I have to admit I have a very low threshold-of-annoyance for this sort of popup.

We are in some strange times indeed.

It should be consistent and uniform update to EULA where everyone signs and not signaling out players.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

I would like an unsocial contract. That would be cool.

2 Likes

Not thinking in terms of ‘allow’ obviously…but more like that “an addon has screwed your game and life over” sort of buggy crap…lol

My brain went right to the Addams family theme song for some reason lol

1 Like

Just call me Wednesday.

1 Like