What's with all the entitled mages in BGs?

Almost every game they have an attitude and refuse to drop a table. That’s like a tank refusing to tank or a healer refusing to heal. Why even join the BG if you aren’t interested in contributing to the group?

18 Likes

What’s with the entitled non-mages thinking they automatically get a table because they see a mage? :3
Your own food cost vs his reagent cost, which you can’t tip him cross-realm for.

And I don’t play mage, but imagine being asked to table
every
single
game

No doubt it gets old. Just be kind and if it doesn’t work, let it go.

20 Likes

Alliance get loot boxes for winning. These boxes contain gold and items that can be sold for gold. This will cover the reagent cost. If everyone has plenty of food and water, the odds of winning are greater. Think of the table as an investment in your PVP group.

2 Likes

No sorry, that’s really quite a stretch.
It’s not that lone mage’s fault you lost.

4 Likes

“WTB MAGE FOOD/WATER PST”

An issue I’ve never had once in 15 years. NPCs sell food/water. No need to wait for a Mage.

4 Likes

Doesn’t really help mages when a lot of people join a bg just for mage table water/food and then leave without participating.

26 Likes

Level a Mage. problem solved.

6 Likes

The amount of utility brought in by 1 class is honestly so toxic.
It gives bad players a false sense of entitlement.

Its actually disgusting that ONE class can bring int buff, food/water, provide portals, imp. blizzard for group slow utility, AND can make a tremendous amount of gold from boosting people through dungeons. I mean, they couldn’t have given Warlocks or Shamans something? I guess not.

I really don’t know what Blizzard was thinking back in the day.

4 Likes

Mages are under no obligation to give anyone a table dude. You should already come prepared.

5 Likes

To whom much is given, much is expected.

3 Likes

Am I the only mage that enjoys giving out ports/food/water for free?

I make more money in tips without asking for them.

5 Likes

Is the tank under no obligation to taunt? Is the healer under no obligation to heal? Every class comes with certain obligations and expectations. Providing food and water is one of the expectations of mages in group content.

5 Likes

Cool. But I like to just worry about what the rogue is doing.

You can’t taunt in pvp.

2 Likes

AV says hello.

4 Likes

It’s always the classes that don’t buff or provide group benefits that complain about not getting buffed or assistance from others.

A mage table won’t win you a BG. If your teammates can’t buy a stack of food or water before a game, then that’s on them.

I guess you lose every BG when you have zero mages on the team.

12 Likes

You could literally make the same argument for yourself. You know you want food and water, but you don’t buy any before hand and expect a mage to provide it for you. Sounds like you’re handicapping the group.

7 Likes

Let’s say you never picked up first aid, and someone else in the group has. Are they under obligation to sit there and craft you a bunch of bandages? Or is that your problem because you’re unprepared? This problem can easily be resolved by simply going to an innkeeper and buying some food. The argument of “tanks not tanking and healers not healing” is not comparable, because that can’t be bought from a vendor for a measly 50s.

9 Likes

It is not the Mage’s job to cover your butt because you forgot to bring enough food/water to the BG.

If a mage drops a table it is a privilege not a right.

And just because a mage does not drop a table does not mean they did not contribute. That same mage could be busting their butt in battle. To me, that is more important than a stupid table

3 Likes

This is a silly argument guys.

It’s okay for people to be frustrated.

Putting down a table for a BG DOES benefit the flow of the game. After a big fight they can easily sit down and recover before the next wave comes in.

Didn’t they remedy the buff/reagent problem by adding a no cost buff before the BG started? I’ve forgotten the name already, but it seems it would benefit to have it back.

4 Likes