What's with all the entitled mages in BGs?

Would be cool if buffs/tables didn’t cost regeants in the starting room, like how you can buff for free (mana) after you rez

1 Like

Only if I’m in Shatt. The innkeeper in SW, where the PVP vendors are located and I buy health pots from, only sell level 55 food.

Do you think your team will be more or less successful if everyone has plenty of food and water?

Back at the end of Classic when I was ranking my priest the mages that gave me water (I never asked) got PI the entire game. I spent 600g in Classic gold (where the value was probably 6x higher) on AV manna biscuits so yeah those free waters were always nice. I’d also fort buff 2 groups every game which would use the reagent and mana. I’d do more if I got the free water.

Anyway I don’t expect mage tables or anything else these days but they are always nice.

Odds are, if a player cannot be bothered to be prepared, they are also probably not really helping the group all that much either so them having food or water will not make much difference.

3 Likes

1g every 5 bgs isnt really much, it’s not classic. That’s like killing 2 mobs. I make them on my mage.

That said if they dont want to, like everyone said bring your own.

1 Like

A mage not dropping a table at the start of every BG is a HUGE red flag that the player is not good at all, and is most likely to be a LIABILITY to the team rather than an asset.

Having 4 stacks of conjured food makes a HUGE difference in BGs because it lets the team eat/drink MUCH more liberally than normal. For example ,when I have 4 stacks of mage food I will eat/drink at even 75-85% HP, otherwise I wouldn’t bother. Being max health and mana at all times when defending an objective is crucial. That 20% HP that you feel isn’t worth wasting food on could be the difference when it comes to spinning a flag while your team respawns. This effect is amplified because it applies to the other 14 players on your team. That is an ENORMOUS benefit.

And the reagent cost? Is that really the argument? When you play the easiest gold farming class in the game? When inflation has reached a point where having 10k gold is completely normal and average? You can’t complete a quick risk-reward calculation for that reagent? Or are you too bad of a player to even UNDERSTAND the benefit of unlimited food for your team?

Absolutely absurd that people think food is a “privilege” at the start of a BG. So are buffs. Play a BG without stamina, mark, or int and see if it affects your win %.

12 Likes

It’s the raid geared mages who refuse. Shouldn’t be in the bgs, this isn’t retail get some pvp gear

Someone who understands. Thank you.

Raid gear isn’t that bad. Besides, you have to PVP in order to get PVP gear.

Buffs can’t be bought from a vendor for literally nothing. The whole “easiest gold farming class” is nonsense. What’s next, because they’re so good at farming gold they should provide everyone pots and elixirs to help the team? In an ideal world of course every mage will provide a table. But it also sounds like you guys aren’t doing everything you can to win, so you’re part of the problem. You’re not coming fully prepared to a BG, so you’re just as bad IF NOT worse than the no table mages. It basically comes down to you paying for your own food and COMING PREPARED, or depending on a complete stranger mage to spend money outta their own pockets to provide it for you. So who’s the entitled one?

7 Likes

Everyone doing everything they can to win includes the mage dropping a table. :wink:

2 Likes

You can only worry about yourself.

2 Likes

I’ve had mages complain about dropping a table at the start of a heroic.

Do you Not realize how entitled this sounds?

10 Likes

Are you not aware of expected class roles?

1 Like

Expected, not mandated you commie.

But you ignored my question.

You guys are stretching the entitlement thing pretty far. We are talking about a video game here, not welfare irl.

4 Likes

It’s not a mage’s job to supply you with free food and water.

There are many vendors in the game that sell food and water.

People cry over anything.
Does my oomie brain hope for a table? Yes.
Do I expect it? No.