What's the plan regarding Outlaw/Ele/what it's doing to the season?

They should draw their attention to nerfing DKs again to assist in that effort.

1 Like

I was hearing rumors that a bugfix went out on an Ascendance bug too where it was crapping out Lava Bursts past the intended volume?

Can’t speak to it personally since I loathe what they’ve done with Elemental though, lol.

Yeah it’s bugged as well, but Ele’s Ascendance cd is also very strong, and even bugfixed is likely gonna make them a good PI target.

Even with all its bugs fixed it’s a very good CD.

1 Like

Overall can be a meme though in the sense that the issue is the same sort of thing that made venthyr balance and its ilk degenerate where a spec can just do way way more damage in certain situations that don’t jive with most player’s actual gameplay. Ascendance has become one of the biggest cds in the game and that means that if your group is consistantly doing like 10-20 target pulls on your ele shamans cds its going to the moon mdi style in ways some classes simply can’t because its the perfect storm of big cooldown+uncapped aoe. Dungeon matters too.

I’m not even saying ele isn’t overtuned, I’m saying that the tears about it being overtuned are getting hyperbolic shortly after arcane mage and frost dk got swatted for a patch that was more bug then patch. Ele should get some kind of nerf to just how potent ascendance is, its basically venthyr boomkin levels of power and its entirely the source of the problem. Like people are all set to continue the cycle of class gets reworked class gets dumpstered by tuning because they can’t keep their pitchforks down for a day.

Fair enough. I seem to recall it being a complete meme of a button in Dragonflight, so at least that’s a positive change for it.

1 Like

So you’re not considering the cascading effects; this allowed kills on bosses and key levels to be timed that were not mathematically time-able in current gear/damage levels, and that is a bigger issue than just the idea that people hate ele.

NO spec should be able to cause a snowball effect that breaks the competitiveness of the game, ever.

Doesnt an over night hotfix/nerf mean there has been a reaction and blue acknowledgement?

1 Like

That happened literally 27mins ago, I made this post almost 2 hours ago.

No, the 10% nerf to lightning rod wasn’t even close to a fix.

Thanks for contributing I think.

Given the flurry of mythic boss kills and world record keys done using bugged outlaw rogues I think people are hoping for some repercussions.

Also the ele nerf isn’t even close to bringing them in line.

For Outlaw, sure.

If they punish any Shamans I quit this game the same day.

1 Like

No reason to punish shamans, but it’s likely been egregious enough to cause a similar m+ nerf to the 1 back in DF where they had to nerf mage/SP due to them being 3-4 key levels ahead.

I think that’s valid, maybe it’s better to just say no m+ keys happened in the past two days and ban the rogues exploiting on progress mythic raid bosses + roll back the kills.

1 Like

You mean 14 hours ago.

I didnt say it was.

But it was stated/implied there has been no reaction and zero acknowledgement.

There clearly was.

If the issue is we are mad they are slowly bringing ele sham in line compared to using a sledgehammer…isnt that what we typically (as a playerbase) ask for?

A bunch of script changes relating to bug fixes came in just now too.

Sure.

And something came in 14 hours ago also. Not ONLY 27 minutes ago.

If something like 30-40% ahead that’s a good time to use a sledgehammer.

That is a ship that sailed when aug came out and probably sooner. Balancing around the top end of m+ is bad for the game it just means certain damage profiles aren’t allowed to exist because they just become too good. Its why a lot of good funnel specs don’t do funnel anymore and why blizzard convinced themselves to make aoe caps.

Also its a bit premature to call out the damage done to a season one day after the patch and also in a season where we aren’t even at full power yet because of how myth track got changed. If anything, this is a problem caused by .5 patches doing significant class changes and honestly, I’d rather have more regular class changes then a serene and peaceful +15 +16 meta balanced around being able to survive but also do damage with the same classes forever.

Even so ele is overtuned, that is all it is. Comparing it the outright degen stuff outlaw rogue can do is disingenuous to a huge degree.

Also, one of the biggest issues right now is that shaman has pure rng high roll potential. Deeply rooted elements is like one of the last things in the game that is just pure rng that can just inflate damage while you are doing damage. I wouldn’t be surprised if on some of the inflammatory 24 million damage pulls it procced once or thrice.

There was minor acknowledgement to ele, there was nothing on the egregious outlaw bug that broke the game for 48+ hrs.

It has now been fixed. You’re so focused on hyper-defending your broken spec you’re missing the multitude of issues.

Its only ahead in certain situations.

But once again.

Not what I was talking about.

I have not defended any spec.

1 Like

None of the missing 6 ilvls will allow any of the other top end classes to reach 3.5-4mil.

Yes, we have the numbers to confirm this. Yes, it has been mathematically and systemically simmed to ensure that assertion is correct.

No, you don’t deserve to be giga busted and a sledgehammer at 30% plus is necessary.

No, it is not heavily RNG as the top eles are recreating it every pull, every key, every time.

No, you don’t deserve to be giga busted.