What's so unnatural about Order anyways?

So my joke about you having the Michael Bay posters was spot-on then.

No, sorry. The only thing close to a poster I have is an autographed photo of Bruce Campbell.

I’ve been pointing it out, Rick Ashley. But, again, English isn’t your strong suit, so no wonder you missed it.

There’s the snide, noncommittal excuse!

But then you saw me. And you just couldn’t resist. Only me. Nobody else but me.

And here’s you talking about how I’m totally into you. My foresight is unparalleled.

Sadly, I just don’t have the time or inclination to maintain multiple days-long arguments about nonsense any longer, and I’m more active on other (but equally stupid) forums.

I don’t think I’ve ignored anyone replying to me, though. The only person in my notifications is you. Constantly.

Oh so that’s what it was…

I guess the month long Argent Tournament grind to get just the ability to buy the Argent Warhorse plus the 100 champion seals it took to buy it was too steep a price for you.

You are only about instant gratification and a false sense of superiority.

Got it.

Oh look, my armory finally updated! Good news Irenaus you can now see my Loremaster achievement. Meanwhile, you are still level 29.

I guess the month long Argent Tournament grind to get just the ability to buy the Argent Warhorse plus the 100 champion seals it took to buy it was too steep a price for you.

I mean, I did the grind and spent 100 Champion’s Seals on the Argent Charger. It has the same requirements, it’s just only available to paladins.

You are only about instant gratification and a false sense of superiority.

I think you took my comment about Loremaster a little too seriously. The only reason I even mentioned it is because Alynsa was trying to shame me for only playing Shadowlands for 672 hours. I don’t actually think my getting Loremaster in Wrath makes me more knowledgeable.

I’m not mad at you but at Irenaus who used your response to take a pot shot because he’s looking for any excuse to knock me down, meanwhile he’s posting from a low level alt.

It’s like being smack talked by a toddler.

It’s not noncommittal to remind you I’ve already given you the information. But misusing that word does highlight the fact you’re very bad with understanding words.

It’s probably because, as I said, I’m the only one you seem to want to carry on a days-long discussion with. A discussion you started, mind.

Perhaps when I disagree, it is because I think you are wrong.

It’s not noncommittal to remind you I’ve already given you the information.

It is when I asked you a clear and direct question, and you refuse to give a clear and direct answer.

It’s probably because, as I said, I’m the only one you seem to want to carry on a days-long discussion with.

Want is a strong word. It’s more like I have an irrational compulsion to continue pointless arguments with people who are clearly arguing in bad faith.

When Mithonic replied to me, I clarified that I didn’t really think Loremaster made me a lore master, they accepted what I said, and that was the end of it. Had that been you, you would have either accused me of lying or ignored it entirely to double down. You would still be talking about me trying to use Loremaster for a false sense of security days later.

Saying “I’ve already answered this” is very clear and direct. These words should not be hard to understand.

Oh. You just need to interact with me. Gotcha.

Not at all. Whenever you’ve properly clarified your stance, I’ve dropped it. Now you’re just lying again.

I get it. You like me. You need my attention.

1 Like

Saying “I’ve already answered this” is very clear and direct. These words should not be hard to understand.

Saying “I’ve already answered this” is not even an answer to the question, let alone a clear or direct one. I’m asking you to directly show me where, and saying “I’ve already answered this” doesn’t show me that, does it?

If someone asks you for directions to your house (unlikely, but let’s just pretend), and you say “I’ve already answered this”, you haven’t answered their question.

Not at all. Whenever you’ve properly clarified your stance, I’ve dropped it. Now you’re just lying again.

Really.

‘You keep trying to demean me by portraying me as some Michael Bay-type meathead or something, but I don’t think you can argue with what I’m saying. You’re sitting here agreeing that much of the lore is garbage, yet you still clearly care anyway.
And why? Because of the moments that aren’t garbage. The characters, places, and events that resonate with you. I’m obviously - or I thought obviously - being facetious when I distill it down to only what’s cool, but the gist is the same.’

And yet:

‘I used explosions as shorthand for “only the biggest, most spectacular events matter”-style argument you have used. Calling all that nonesense “explosions” is meant to demean it into what it actually is; a fixation on the spectacle over the story.’

Looking forward to your greasy explanation about how this doesn’t count as “properly” clarifying anything!

I get it. You like me. You need my attention.

Wouldn’t it really show me then if you just never, ever responded to or interacted with me in any way ever again?

I think everyone here, except Alynsa and a few others, is a Michael Bay meathead, so yeah that tracks.

Inculding myself, I really loved The Island.

Never realized he did that. Good film. The Rock and Pain & Gain are also good.

1 Like

Are we agreeing on something?!

Pigs are flying somewhere probably…

It actually is. I’m not obligated to repeat myself to you on-demand. Pointing out the answer has already provided is quite enough.

If you refuse to read the previously-provided answer, that’s on you.

Yes.

Your example does not contradict anything I’ve said. Beyond continuing to use “explosions” as shorthard for your fixation on the spectacle moments of lore, the only time I’ve brought up said fixation was when you continued to do it.

The problem is, you don’t stop discussing the topic of the spectacle, so of course we’ll continue discussing it. If you didn’t want it brought up, you wouldn’t bring it up.

That’s third grade logic.

You’ll get there someday.

It would, but I’m very good at catering to people’s emotional needs. You need attention, specifically from me as proven by your initial hostility intended to provoke a response, so I provide it. You initially demanded it, I’ve given it to you. When your need has been filled, we’ll be done. You’ll be forgotten until some time later, someone gets all offended that dev statements are concidered canonical statements, and I’ll have some vague memory of some lowbrow aggro person once got very offended by that simple truth and somehow thought it as my fault or something. I won’t bother trying to recall more than that, though I’ll definitely snicker at how something so innocuous could enrage a person so greatly. The moment will pass quickly.

2 Likes

The Rock

Like I said earlier: I only remember that Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage were in it.

But that’s enough for me.

I’d always thought Michael Bay had something to do with Independence Day, and once labelled that as my favorite Bay movie. I shouldn’t need to explain my confusion.

For my money, if we’re talking about good Bay movies, it’s gonna be Bad Boys, followed by Bad Boys II. They’re just plain fun movies that people forget were made by him.

1 Like

Aw yeah. Bad Boys and Bad Boys II was awesome.

1 Like

You’re not obligated to answer, and you have not.

Beyond continuing to use “explosions” as shorthard for your fixation on the spectacle moments of lore

Except I explained very plainly that it wasn’t about spectacle, but about moments that resonate with players. You can read it right in the post you’re replying to, because I’m not afraid to provide specific examples.

Cool doesn’t mean spectacular. It doesn’t mean explosions. You know what a cool moment from Dragonflight is? A moment players have been and will be talking about for years? The Stay A While quest with Veritistrasz. There’s no explosions, no spectacle, but people will remember it even if the main story of Dragonflight gets retconned into oblivion. Why? Because it was good, simple storytelling that resonated with them.

specifically from me as proven by your initial hostility intended to provoke a response

You know what? My initial post was too hostile. I thought you were being condescending to the poster you were arguing with, but I shouldn’t have escalated it, and I’m sorry that I did.

You’ll be forgotten

Wouldn’t that be a blessing? The last time I stopped posting here, I was still getting mentioned in the Discord for literal years.

I am removing things I’d posted here to de-escalate things. I was going to address some more of our petty back-and-forth, but call me Tyrande because I’m’a choose renewal.

And the only example you provided was one of spectacle, with the claim that this spectacle moment would never be retconned. All while ignoring the many retcons around said spectacle moment, which itself was also a retcon.

As for why I was focused on the word “cool”?

You went and made sure the importance of the moment was the coolness of it.

Only the coolness matters, you’re doubling down.

With takes like these, yes. I’m going to pounce on it. Yes, I’m going to dismiss it as “only the cool moments matter”. And that’s probably unfair. I should have given you the chance to explain yourself better before dismissing everything as “rule of cool logic only”.

That’s okay, it happens. Had you acknowledged that sooner, we likely would have had a much more nuanced debate. The reason for my flippancy is because I tend to meet people where they’re at; if you come to me with aggro and hostility, I’m just not the one to try and cool things off, and that’s on me.

If you’d like to move past the hostility and get back on track, we can do that.

So this is your posting alt.

Hah, I knew it.

1 Like

Who’s alt is it?

Oh, that I don’t know. I just got a strong vibe of “I think I know this person”.

TBF, I’m not interested in uncovering Ash’s secret identity either (to overdramatise the topic). If he is more known under a different name and wanted to change it up, that’s not really an issue to me.

I didn’t like it when people did it to you and others either, FYI. It’s one thing when you want to swap avatars to reflect your current main and you choose to disclose that. When someone goes hunting witches to uncover who you used to be for some cheap gotcha moment, it’s just invasive.

I’m not trying to come across a certain kinda way to people who do that, though it does look like it. It’s just not a thing I involve myself in.

Erevien’s an exception. He broadcasts his secret alts.

3 Likes