What's it like to be smart?

So, what’s it like? To not second guess your every decision. To be well adjusted. To not wonder Dwarf or Night Elf? Dwarf or Dark Iron. Orc or Tauren. Pizza or Hamburgers. Chocolate or Vanilla?

I’m curious what that’s like.

6 Likes

Not a single idea

9 Likes

No clue. Someone go on Twitter and ask Ken Jennings.

3 Likes

Think you’re confusing confidence with intelligence.

28 Likes

Eh, wouldn’t be the first time.

2 Likes

Most definitely, smart people usually aren’t very “well adjusted”

To quote Rick Sanchez:

It’s rather scientifically proven that it’s kinda hard to be smart and happy.

5 Likes

Plus there are plenty of people that combine dumb and confident.

9 Likes

Often, people forget about the other side of the Dunning-Kruger chart, where competent/knowledgeable people tend to underestimate themselves.

Confidence is not related to intellegence.

13 Likes

when i was young it did not serve me well. i coasted on “i’m smart” and didn’t learn to study or learn anything that didn’t just come to me instantly. so through high school, it was great!

as i got older i realized smart is pointless if you can’t or don’t use it. i saw “not very smart” people doing well and loving life, while i sat around unhappy complaining “it’s not fair! i’m smart!” i changed my attitude and my life got better.

being smart is no different than being tall, or being blond, or whatever. it’s a thing about yourself that you didn’t earn and can’t change. either you take advantage of it and make it work for you, or you don’t :slight_smile:

11 Likes
  • You can read people on the spot due their tone
  • You are aware of body behavior patterns
  • You have a great range of knowledge
  • You continue to learn/study in your spare time
  • You realize trends before anyone else
  • You have no issues with witty banter and comebacks
  • Smart people are drawn to you
3 Likes

And if you REALLY wanna be tortured, combine being smart with being apparently the ONLY person in the room to have been given common sense when God, or whoever gave man sapience, was handing that good stuff out.

6 Likes

Smart people always second guess their decisions, and are usually far from being well adjusted.

Intelligence often comes with the drawbacks of depression, sleep deprivation, and social anxiety. It’s not always kittens and rainbows. Mostly not.

5 Likes

I find it’s the stupid people that act most decisively. Smart people realize that there are multiple options for any given situation, and there can be multiple correct solutions.

3 Likes

Not fun in the slightest.

1 Like

The most intelligent people realize how little they actually know, because of this they are much less confident in any decision.

The dumbest believe they know everything and are always positive they are right.

6 Likes

That feeling you get when you flip your pillow over to the cool side in the middle of the night?

It’s that. Just permanent.

6 Likes

I absolutely hate those questionnaires for jobs that ask, “What would you do in this situation?” and give 4 answers, but none of them are what you’d choose, so you just pick what you think they want to hear and still get it wrong.

“So, I wasn’t supposed to say I’d never steal from the company?”

5 Likes

So the company EXPECTS employee theft?

Kleptos the company dry I iz a GOOD employee.

what makes you think any of that happens when you are smart? perhaps I am not smart enough though. How smart do you have to be? Although I don’t second guess every decision I make but I used to 30 years ago.

Apparently, a lot of them do. I don’t see how any other answer besides, “I’d never steal,” would be acceptable, honestly. Maybe they have such low opinions of their employees that they expect everyone that applies to steal at some point.

1 Like