Executive Producer/VP Holly Longdale addresses the feedback of Plunderstorm

Thing is y I you could be the first to die and be in the next match before the one you were in was half way done.

So definitely more then just you and 59 other people playing.

1 Like

You can see people commuting just minutes before the cargo ship lost power. The mayday was sent and bridge workers rushed to stop people getting on the bridge.

I never said a mass casualties

I certainly did read it, but your veiled threat made your intent very clear.

4 Likes

ANd if you even listened to the mayday call you can tell they closed it off. the crew saved lives.

You are like a cockroach on these forums no matter what you post, you seriously need to be banned.

6 Likes

He is a volunteer who thinks he is doing PR work for Blizzard. Rather badly, I’d say.

2 Likes

Maybe he needs to be referred to this thread:

What’s it like to be smart? - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Maybe he can learn a thing or two.

I love and hate plunderstorm.
I do not understand the starting zone. Start plundering then for for some reason it then shoots me in a cannon and I try to land in an area with no players but they still kill me so I quit the game to play regular retail WOW. exciting at first but I do not like to be jacked just as I phase in and land.

It’s almost like I read this when they posted it here on the forums yesterday :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m embarrassed for you.

1 Like

Not that simple. You can like something (which I did) but appreciate that others don’t. Many like dynamic flight, many don’t. Opinions vary just like people do.

1 Like

Maybe it could have been as riveting as sleeperblooms and digs and rifts and the hearthstone event and all the other exciting and engaging content DF has added….

1 Like

Lmao. Yea, it would have been, and it would have been better than getting ganked at level 1 with 0 plunder cuz some jackwagon gets off on killing rather than achieving.

Plunderstorm to me is the only non-dungeon/raid content that I actually feel excitement and engagement when I play it except for a few of the dragon races in all of DF.

It’s been a fun side thing to do near the end of a season.

Im glad the dungeons and raids have been fun because everything else they have added in DF has been abysmal until PS.

Funny thing, that. I have enjoyed it all except for PS.

3 Likes

Did you use it as an insomnia remedy?

No, as a method of gold farming. You can get a purse that has 15k from all the faction weeklies.

1 Like

I think what they fail to understand is gatekeeping WoW rewards like pets and mounts behind a non-WoW in game structure is one reason so many people are angry.

As a pet collector, that’s 3 pets I won’t ever get. I won’t encourage them to come up with gameplay that I do not want to do.

Pet battle PVP only has 1 pet as a reward. It is insulting this time sensitive event has 3 pets tied to it.

13 Likes

Folks are saying the same about fated season. It’s a revolving door around here.

4 Likes

I think people are blowing this way, waaaay out of proportion.

It’s a completely optional game mode that can only just barely be called PvP. You can’t really define it as strictly one or the other. The whole thing is participation based because you can max out all 40 of your renown without killing a single player.

It lets you kill other players yes, but it’s not really PvP. There’s no ranked play, no leaderboard system and more importantly, no actual win conditions. The objective isn’t to kill other players. It’s an aside where you collect renown in a mish mash of chaos.

I literally despise PvP and think WoW’ implementation of it has been historically awful and toxic, but its not really like Plunderstorm.

1 Like

I think a large part of the dislike goes back to it being “world of Warcraft” content but it’s not in the actual world of Warcraft. Like if we get pve mode just like plunderstorm then I will probably feel the same way about it.

I dunno why these things can’t be in the game with our characters and stuff lol.

2 Likes