What's it like to be smart?

shrug
I’ve been thinking and rethinking my Alliance alts for months now. Dwarf Warrior? Dark Iron Warrior? What about Shaman? What about Hunter? Mage? Paladin? Pretty much the only class I’ve hundred percent settled with is Warlock and that’s the Red Draenei that every lore purist despises with the fury of a thousand suns.

EDIT: I’m not even going to touch about what gender or name to give to them as that’s another can of hell

I dunno, I don’t smarts good.

1 Like

It sucks when you found out that you are not poor lady

Less this as them pretty much admitting that they’re such terrible bosses that they’ll drive you TO the desperation of stealing as they make you work for far less than the minimum wage of your current locale for the rate of doing like 2 -3 other workers’ worth of menial tasks.

It’s also why a place will RARELY put to paper the exact terms and conditions of your employment, because they KNOW there’s like at least 3 things on them they either lied about or will otherwise somehow get them sued if anybody with even remotely a shred of legal knowledge sees them.

1 Like

Do what I have done. Make one of each and see what sticks.

I literally have one of each race and have every class.

I try to do a different spec if the toon has a class I have already with a different toon.

Some of those toons don’t go far at all. Some grow on me. Gives me options to suit the mood I am in.

Just because you’re smart does not mean you don’t second guess every single decision you make. Really.

:cookie:

2 Likes

I am old enough to have already made all the alts I want. I do think it is an age thing though. I didn’t get any smarter than I was 30 years ago for sure, probably dumber and I have less problems making decisions now than I did then. However, maybe the consequences of making the wrong decision are less serious now as well. :woman_shrugging:

I have ADHD. That is my answer to your question.

Imagine for a second total peace of mind and tranquility from being dumb as rocks, and now take that and flip it on its head when you’re smart enough to see things for how borked they really are.

Being uber smart is a curse

2 Likes

I’m 75 years old. Veterans Admin. was concerned that I might be getting senile. Went to see a Nut Doctor (That’s what I call psycho doctors.) Anywho, he said I was suffering from amnesia as a result of brain trauma. In Viet Nam, a mortar shell exploded near by and I was sent flying into la la land. Woke in a field hospital and the doc said I was concussed.

Sooo, I used to teach High School and at a Community College. Yeah, I ain’t stupid, I just cant remember stuff like I used to. It’s like I know who I am but I don’t know who that person is. I don’t have a past. I can’t remember the names of my grandchildren. That’s just too sad.

What is smart? Knowing what to do and how to get it done. I’m intelligent but not smart. If I was smart, I’d be a billionaire.

2 Likes

Shout out to all the INTJ personality types (Architects) in here.

Smart, but second guess and worry about every decision.

And sometimes third and fourth guess.

3 Likes

Decisiveness doesn’t necessarily mean “smart”.

Lots of folks make fully committed, and very BAD decisions that are “not smart”.

They’re not necessarily “stupid” either. They make them out of ignorance, misinterpreting data, etc.

Look at those poor folks who get swindled.

Or, consider, anything that starts with “Hold my beer…”.

“Are you sure…” “Yea, no problem, here, hold my beer!”

Not necessarily smart.

2 Likes

It’s refreshing tbh.

There’s a huge difference between intelligence and wisdom. A lot of very smart people are very daft.

4 Likes

Small clarification: Being smart, assertive and well adjusted - not mutually inclusive, those three things can be present or absent in a person in any combination and permutation.

I’m indecisive as hell too. If I know I’m gonna have a choice, I try to deliberate as far in advance as possible.

2 Likes

“Listen i’m not the nicest guy in the universe, because i’m the smartest, being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets…” I can honestly relate to the last part.

I must say tho, Happiness and being nice to other people aren’t really one in the same here. A Person can certainly be happy without being nice to people.

1 Like

I tolerate a lot of people, I’m nice to very few.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Even though I never feel smart enough, it’s kind of a let down tbh. It was nice back in the day, pre-google. People would always ask me things and I was a font of information. I thought I was on the fast track to a great career, high IQ, great at spotting pattern anomalies, but the thing is, if you are not decisive and don’t use it, you do, in fact, lose it.

Now, I’m a walking, self-medicated, mental case… a trickle of useless information. Now, I’m just working on not caring about “lost potential”. I am trying to focus on the little things that bring joy before, they, too, are gone forever.