Whats Blizzard's excuse on Keystone Master for alts?

Yeah bro, just grind 20 dungeons per alt! Oh you have 5 of them, just don’t play WOW…

LMAO this GD

Seriously, that isn’t gameplay nor content, its gatekeeping for the hell of it.

3 Likes

I was honestly pretty mad about this. It was a great way to do catch up. You still had to work for it (earn KSM, then earn Valor on the desired toon), and they kinda ninja’d it away. :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s with the wild assumption that 1 - they don’t crank up the difficulty dial and make it impossible to clear 15 with ~252 gear and 2 - you get exactly the key you need. Not everyone fancies pugging so they’re at the mercy of key rng.

1 Like

Yes I mention the least amount you would have to do. It is likely much more then that. If it was accountwide it would alleviate runs and have your alts actually use the valor. Hopefully they uncap valor soon during the season.

It’s definitely to increase /played that they removed the accountwide but there’s a lot of character building that you’re skipping if it wasn’t.

Imagine, you get full 246 on any character, never running more than +2s. Seems like a big shortcut.

Valor cap does seem to counter that when it matters though… I dunno.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t need to get 2k over two weeks (or you could do 24s, in which case what would you need 246 gear for anyway?)

Like I just pointed, valor cap makes it useless to rush to KSM as you’ll be limited by the amount you can acquire.

And in my experience, getting KSM early is much easier with a good network of friends, as the pool of keys is increased.

Time played.

1 Like

Getting ksm early is fine if you put the time into it. It’s 16 keys but it can be more depending on your friend group’s (or you own) luck with keys. I pugged world 130 ksm and finished with an 8 top so that was funny. Lucky key rng + I could get into whatever group after timing 17s the first week.

I agree that the valor cap is serving its purpose when it’s important to keep the gearing paths aligned. I think it’s okay to speed things up like removing the valor cap after the x.x.5 patch and making the KSM requirement achievable in one week. I’m actually okay with the +15 requirement to get 246 through valor but it should be doable in a week after that x.x.5 patch.

I say, keep ksm character locked at first and then make it accountwide when the cap is removed. That’ll solve all issues.

1 Like

Some people would like that. You still get a bunch more valor at higher keys and higher base items. In fact you can get 226 with vault with 2s enough to do high keys after weeks. I most certainly would tank and heal more lower keys for example if I could gear them up there. Higher keys need beefier tanks.

See I was under the impression that you get the same amount of valor no matter what key you run… did they change that or was I always wrong? I’d still do higher keys to get a higher base ilvl so it takes less to upgrade, but still.

Edit : just checked and yeah, same amount of valor regardless of key level. 135. And you gain an extra 65 if anyone in the group gained rating. That bonus still makes it more profitable to run higher keys because the bonus will occur more often.

1 Like

Do 12-15 hours worth of content over the span of 8 months to get nearly BIS loot in every single slot for a character.

You guys are crazy. Literally play the game on your alt, like actually just play it, and you’ll get KSM unless you’re dumpster-diving with trash keys constantly.

I just want to be clear, you can have KSM done by the 8th day of a patch. You really, actually, truly believe that on the 8th day of the patch, you should be entitled to near-BIS loot on an infinite number of characters?

No.

1 Like

Valor cap makes that moot.

3 Likes

Or I could do 8-10’s on my undergeared alts and slowly bring them to 246…

Nah, gotta grind as hard as my main to gear secondary characters for…reasons.

You’re a fool or malicious. Probably both.

1 Like

“Grind”? “Hard”?

Bruh, KSM is basically “you have graduated from bad”. Straight up. You can do 15s in 226 gear, which you can surpass with Korthia gear. There is no “grind”. There is no “hard”. If you actually play the game this stuff falls into your lap.

The truth is you’re engaging in degenerate gameplay. Farming baby keys for valor and then getting madge you don’t get 246 for what is glorified world quest content.

“Git gud” basically.

But they make the same money if you play 1 or 50 toons.

Someone feeling like they have to no-life multiple toons is less likely to walk away.

Honestly it was a typo of play but I left it because also true.

I am particularly annoyed by this. having 2 characters 2k or over, I would like to be able to upgrade my gear faster on my other 2 alts doing keys. But I’m still stuck trying to get to 1k, 1400, etc to get a bump. They should revert this back to 9.0 in 9.2.

Yea who knows when we get uncapped valor. Either way the first few weeks they lower ilvl of high keys like they did last tier. And tier gear will be only in raids for like 10 weeks. So you are going to wait 3 months+ before you get close to bis.

The only thing you can’t do is use the dang valor off the bat unless you are doing 4- 10 dungeons a week.