Whats Blizzard's excuse on Keystone Master for alts?

Why was this changed to be per character in 9.1? Why can’t this just be account wide rating so you can upgrade your alts gear?

Honestly, why can’t this just be reverted in 9.2? I might not even keep my sub up in 9.2 if I have to farm 2k again for every alt I have.

13 Likes

eh…it being account wide is pretty redundant with how much easier it is to get rating than having to worry about timing keys was. If you’re running enough dungeons on a character to actually have the Valor to upgrade things to the KSM cap, there’s really no reason that character wouldn’t get the rating anyway.

1 Like

I still have to run the dungeons on alts

I still have to get the gear

I still have to farm the valor to upgrade it

Why are you making it even worse of a slog to gear up my alts?

17 Likes

:roll_eyes: Yes, and by running the dungeons to get the gear and the valor, you will also be getting rating upgrades. Unless you insist on staying in low keys for whatever reason.

1 Like

If my alts have low rating, they can’t get invited to 15’s.

So you want me to waste more time grinding rating when I could just upgrade their gear with the valor I have from doing 10’s on them.

Gotcha

4 Likes

Also known as…playing the game

They did add more upgrade tiers so your alts can upgrade their gear as they progress.

5 Likes

I don’t know why you are so intent on dying on this hill man, Season 1 being account wide KSM was loved by all, This is a backstep for no reason.

20 Likes

You’ll be happy to know you don’t have to farm 2k on your alts for KSM in 9.2!

Instead you’ll need to farm 2.5k.

4 Likes

Keeps it in line with gearing for other characters through other sources.

You don’t automatically get decked out cause you got 1800 or AotC on your alts if you’re a PvPer or Raider.

4 Likes

It also reduces the incentive to buy carries because buying KSM on 1 toon doesn’t unlock the upgrades on all toons.

1 Like

I already progressed on my main.

I already got the pieces I needed for my alts

I already did the dungeons

Let me upgrade my gear. Stop making this game grind upon grind upon grind. Absolute trash design, this is supposed to be a game, not a second job.

8 Likes

It is a game…and you decided you wanted to have more than one M+15 geared characters.

Don’t blame Blizz for your decisions

1 Like

Dying on what hill? The reality that any alt you want to gear up to the point where having KSM-level rating matters is already running a ton of dungeons for valor anyway?

I know people love to whine about the principle of the thing (I did it myself when these changes were first announced for 9.1), but I have to assume they’ve never sat down and actually tried to fully upgrade a piece of gear. It’s not like you can do a couple callings and have enough for a 246 piece…

2 Likes

lol
lmao

I’d rather they just go back to Season One design for everyone and expand on making alts less toxic to run alongside your main. I’d rather you quit the game and have everyone who quit the game to burnout due to this style of game design come back.

4 Likes

I doubt not being able to buy a KSM carry on 1 toon and then gearing all of your alts was really a driving factor in a lot of people leaving.

The people that really wanted to play high end alts would likely be running M+s for gear either way.

:point_down:

They probably felt that because the rated PvP and raiding system doesn’t have extra gearing benefits for alts, why should mythic+.

Because he’s a clown lmao.

2 Likes

Maybe I was wrong? I remember this comment from one of the early WoW developers that the reason they never gave taunt to Paladin in Vanilla WoW was that if they gave taunt to Paladin, they would never be able to take it back to implement the mechanic they always meant to implement (Righteous Defense). The developer said it was better for the Paladin to suffer in the short-term for the betterment of the game in the long-term.

I always said that was a stupid way on thinking. And yet here’s OP, begging for something that was clearly always meant to only be a temporary hold-over while they properly implemented Mythic+ rating. It was very obvious that the system in Season One was a hack to get the functionality into the game, not something you should expect going forward.

1 Like

1 Like