Whats Blizzard's excuse on Keystone Master for alts?

Did that happen in 9.0? No. There was absolutely nothing wrong with KSM being account-wide in 9.0. No one complained about it; everyone loved it.

1 Like

The flawed Valor implementation was better than no Valor implementation. That doesn’t mean for the health of the game it is better than a better implementation.

It is not healthy, repeat, not healthy, repeat, NOT HEALTHY, for people to get KSM once and then grind M2s on their alts. By encouraging KSM on alts you encourage people to continuously push IO on a variety of characters, allowing people to find groups. It also rewards actually learning how to play characters properly and progressively rewards you for improving and conquering content.

What is the player’s excuse for struggling on their alt when they are handed a full set of 233 gear from their main and can upgrade mythic drops to 239 with a measly 1700 rating on their alt?

Is having to run some +15’s for 3 more ilvls really such a drag? Thise whole, chicken or the egg thing of gear and invites is solved the way it always has been: Play a tank, a healer, or run your own key.

Valor cap prevents people from instantly gearing alts, even with account-wide KSM.

Only at the start of the patch. And “valor cap” doesn’t force people to play higher keys… which is the point. You should be playing and progressing your IO on your alt to gear them.

You’d probably be wanting to run high keys anyway for the highest base loot. Until the raiders get there world first then they make the ilvls normal.

This is more of a let us use the valor on alts and grinding the rating once.

Your alts will still be doing the high keys when possible… the valor will just sit there until you do your 20 dungeon runs anyway per character the way it is now.

Why are you saying 20 dungeon runs? Why are you assuming people just instantly time all +15s the first time they go in?

Fact of the matter is they had a system for account-wide KSM that was fantastic and no one complained about, and then they took it away with zero explanation. Sentenza can claim it was a “stop gap” or whatever, but they have no actual proof of that.

1 Like

Next patch is going to add 2 new dungeons for mythic plus to get your full rating. So I am assuming you will have to regrind the seasonal rating on top of the new dungeons with the new affix. The current system for the rating is do each dungeon twice on the two weekly alternating affixes.

Many people didn’t even use valor until later in the season when it was uncapped.

Because it was a currency that was limited and capped weekly. And usually it wasn’t worth using the valor on low item level loot, more for saving a higher base item level loot.

Basically valor wasn’t used much until they uncapped it.

I dunno about that one.

I think you misunderstood. Or maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re talking about, because it sounds like you’re saying that getting KSM on all alts is just 20 dungeon runs each, when that just… isn’t true for most people.

Why the heck does it matter how quickly an alt gets geared through a catch-up system by the time the valor cap gets lifted? That’s so far into the patch’s life cycle that it really doesn’t matter. (Not to mention, it requires getting the dang gear to drop in the first place, which in my experience… is an exercise in near-futility.)

1 Like

It isn’t that’s the least amount you would have to do.

I’m just saying it takes a while before using the valor is actually useful! Per character.

And account wide rating would be appreciated.

If it isn’t true for them, then it isn’t true for them. It is what it is.

I dunno, this thread has kind of run its course, if you don’t want to accept the fact the the game is better if people actually play actual content to get rewards, well… you do you I guess.

Why are you crying about basic stuff

because blizz made the mistake of making it the way it was in 9.0 then want to take it out thinking its okay lol thats why the op is crying. i agree put it back you was dumb enough to add into the game so why change it should have something set up for pvp to and some sort of system for raiding while your at it. pretty evident the majority of your playerbase got tired of your dumb decisions long ago blizz.

They want to deter you from playing alts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: