What's a better boost?

1. Paying gold farmers to run me through dungeons over and over, or
  2. Paying Blizz to let me start at 58?

2 costs a lot less time and money and the amount I learn about my character is about the same.

1 Like

It depends on if you get FFA loot on top of the paid runs. If that is the case, totally do the paid runs because you’ll end up with more than enough gold to buy the mount and bags you get from the boost and about the same gear If you take tailoring / enchanting or skinning LW you’ll have a head start on that also. Overall, the gold farmer boosting is superior.

Riddle me this.

What advantage does a 58 boosted have over a 58 leveled naturally?

1 is free, provided you farm gold on your main :slight_smile:

The first helps feed starving people in third world countries. The second helps feed big Bobby. That’s the difference.

10 Likes

I’m currently leveling a character and the world is so alive, people questing, grouping, and doing dungeons(the normal way). So sure some people are boosting, but it’s really not that big of a deal. I’m still doing dungeons just fine, but if we allow people to simply skip content then the old realm will truly be a ghost town. A player who is getting boosted could choose to take a break and do a dungeon the normal way, but now you have taken away that option.

As long as we completely ignore opportunity cost.

If they’re using gold to pay for boosts I doubt they are hurting for level 40 mount gold.

I spent 3x the cost of 60% mount on a belt from MC cause I wanted 1% more crit.

I see your point but I value time more than the money it would cost to use the 58 boost. Plus, I have a lot of toons that are near 60 so I’d use it on something I don’t have near 40.

Yep, some people don’t. The time component isn’t all that big to me as I play this game a fair bit. It’s not that I don’t got the time, it’s that I don’t care to do it for the 500th. I don’t count lving azeroth a badge of honor and 50-60 still makes me groan. I’m probably gonna boost a class I’ve never played (paladin) for fun.

1. is better, imo, because it encourages interaction with others who are playing the game, immersed in the game world.

I.E. people who sit in /trade or /LFG hitting a macro every few minutes advertising a stocks boost.

Yea, you do a lot of interacting.

This is a rediculous thing to say, even for a #nobooster.

At least if they are paying gold to get mara boosted or whatever they would of had to have played the game to get the gold for it

I know a better boost!!! This is where im at with it this is my proposal to the boost, safe thing on the player and business side to a degree, actually good for social interaction and leveling alts, and inspiring the hearts of players <3 Please help me with this! TBC Arena Realm Championship? - WoW Classic / The Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

ROFL

So naive

this is my proposal to the boost, safe thing on the player and business side to a degree, actually good for social interaction and leveling alts, and inspiring the hearts of players <3 Please help me with this! TBC Arena Realm Championship? - WoW Classic / The Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Well ok its assuming they didn’t just buy gold lol, though that’s another problem in itself

1 Like

You actually learn more with # 2.

Like where your class trainer is. How to buy a spell. How to use your talent points. And where the flight master is.

Do you really think that people who don’t want the boost are buying gold… I think not.

Yes, that’s precisely what I think.