TBC Arena Realm Championship?

Ok guys if you have never heard of this you’re in for a real treat. Imagine its 2008, its summertime and all is good during TBC. Then you hear of something that catches your attention: The Arena Realm. was it $20 for a month or so or play? Frivolous money when im not a top tier player ? Maybe but it didn’t matter because it was so damn fun. I already wrote this up once so I will paste that here. The freedom to roam and a fresh 60 with new people playing specs to your heart’s content and even raiding for a limited time, it was special, it brought people together over servers and faction lines without layering, without removal of faction lines. This is what the servers will need, people wanting to roll new classes, and cross communication collaboration and new friendships <3. Come on activation please?

Here is my story:

When I was younger and playing around Burning Crusade and Wrath they used to host Arena Championship Realms every year for the official competition. The cool thing about this is that ANYONE could enter. You could make any class you want. There was a long line of vendors with all the max level gear PvE and PvP. It put private servers to shame with its balance and sanctioned competition. This was an amazing experience.

It helped me explore the class identity more. It was a great social event, many people would make characters on the realm and try their hand at glory. You got to mess around with different comps and make classes and races you’ve always wanted to make, gear them out to your hearts desire. It didn’t matter that the characters were temporary and you know they’d be deleted in a month or so. It was summertime, it was social. It felt like a sandbox to a degree because of the freedom to gear your character.

I would like to argue that this privilege shouldn’t have to be exclusive to those who pour many many hours into the game. The characters people do level are there to stay, the have status and names. So giving people a shot at on a fair even ground isn’t bad as they probably are not in practice as the top level players, but it gives everyone a chance just temporarily to play to their hearts desire.

It would bring excitement to the arena because it gives potential for an underdog to rise. I know a good amount of people I played wow with that see this as one of their favorite parts of the game. I agree. I know parts of your fanbase long forgotten would greatly appreciate this.

If anything it will bring people to the current expansion because they now understand he mechanics and gearing and they’ll want to make a run for it on their own permanent character. That last bit is especially true, after the arena realm I would come out rolling a character I liked to experience the WORLD of Warcraft. :slight_smile: . It was clean.

2 Likes

Always hated the idea of hidden arena realms with max gear on it which still goes on today and only accessible to the top tourny players. Getting to play any class with max gear before anyone else and test it non stop in arena and know what is the strongest class/comp before anyone else is pretty unfair.

Just irks me that these realms exist.

I can see that from your standpoint, I stand with you on the modern day ones, unfair , distasteful. But I’m not incorrect I thought they did these at the END of certain update cycles? idk.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.