What will happen AFTER Naxx?

I don’t think theres been any announcement or blue posts describing what might happen AFTER TBC would have been launched?

Let’s say Classic becomes and continues to stay a huge success and the community that this game developed is rekindled.
Are we going to get that bizarre Private Realm style “We’ve had these servers running for 9 years on 1.12 and some people have 5,000,000,000 across 10 maxed out players” which honestly never happened in the timespan that Classic had. It wasn’t until Cata+ that gold amounts got just stupid.

Are they going to go all out and maybe produce new content past a certain point? Are they going to just stay on schedule releasing unaltered content from classic to BFA following all the expansion releases?

Personally I think Cata ruined the game and LFD helped get it there for anyone who misses Classic… If they just did a different expansion and made new content that was more classic styled instead of making the game easy I would be very open to having a hardmode WoW

2 Likes

There’s been no blue post on this. I’d say we should burn that particular bridge when we get there: My guess is 14 months just for someone to see Naxx with the content gating, and another month to clear it at a minimum. That’s just the world first, you’d need a LOT more people to clear it before this becomes a viable concept.

I’d say probably TBC as the development costs are much lower than developing Classic is and quite a few people want TBC as well. There might be (possibly in addition to TBC) fresh servers where the cycle starts all over. Light’s Hope did this and they still have around 8-10k pop online peaks despite their round 2 server, Northdale, being close to Naxx release.

1 Like

We have a lot of threads about this.

3 Likes

I don’t see you posting a link to another one.

I didn’t realize that was my job. I thought that was the magnifying glass in the upper right.

8 Likes

​​​​​​​​​​

7 Likes

OSRS has been pretty successful creating new content so its something to consider 5+ years down the road and should be voted on with polls just like OSRS but tbh there will always be hardcore vanilla players and the people who love vanilla but get bored will probably be able to move to a TBC and Wrath server down the road. I suspect blizzard wants to go to wrath at some point bc of numbers.

3 Likes

Totally just wishlisting here, but I’d love to see Blizzard give us a 20-man Karazhan.

That raid always felt like it belonged in Classic, I’m sure there are “reasons” why it had to go in BC.

Fun facts many may already know.

Players who have Ateish, Greatstaff of the Guardian can teleport their party to Karazhan.

Shade of Medivh event reacts to players with Ateish by saying… “Where did you get that?! Did he send you?!”

Those skeletal ushers…

We don’t need Mystic when we got trash that is immune to everything and 1 shots everyone not in plate with a shield equipped Ol’Son…

Yeah I’d do that place again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah forget any expansions, they should release a tougher dungeon even harder then Naxx, Karazhan 20 sounds like a great idea.

3 Likes

Most likely this. I wouldn’t be opposed to new post Naxx content in Classic, provided no catch up gear and level cap stays at 60, but it’s most likely they’d do BC and Wrath before considering anything else.

Honestly, post wrath is where things really went pear shaped anyway. The writing teams behind warcraft 2 and 3 had such good setup for so many things that it set up 3 separate expansions (counting Vanilla as an “expansion”). Tellingly, those were great but after that the idea wells were getting low, and it showed. Round 2, with knowing some of what went wrong, wouldn’t be the worst thing.

1 Like

So I’m really surprised with this sub and threads like these. Everyone keeps saying “what happens after Naxx?”.

It’s like a kid going into Highschool who plays basketball and asking “What do I do after I get accepted into the NBA?”

If Vanilla follows the same timeline, then we have about 18 months. However in those last few months when Naxx is released. What decides that TBC should be kicked off? How many guilds need to kill Naxx before we decide its time to move on?

People always have these threads “Man what do I do after Naxx?” I’m really surprised how many people think they will be getting to that raid in the first place. It isn’t a casual raid by any means. There have been videos highlighting the prep work.

You’re asking about something that could be two or three years out. Because if the first guild in the world beats Naxx on Classic. Do we flip the switch to go something new?

Currently, in BFA, there are still less than 200 guilds worldwide to have cleared 9/9 mythic Battle of Dazar’alor. When Method cleared it first, should the new tier come out to please the top percent of players? Of course not.

I think it will really depend on the success of Classic. Sure millions of players may start classic. Hundreds of thousands may reach level 60. Tens of thousands will begin raiding and just thousands may clear Naxx.

No one should start spending their lottery winnings before you’ve won. So worry about what comes after Naxx, after you beat Naxx. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t see why they wouldn’t just do server resets, sorta like Seasons every few years.
Even if the do servers for TBC and WotLK.
Each are separate servers and get reset on a regular cycle.

2 Likes

It won’t. I’d be surprised if Naxx was out by Summer 2021. This is based off Ion saying “When everyone is ready” they’d release the next content bucket. Given the amount of time gearing up takes through each raid for 40 man guilds, I imagine each raid content bucket will be given 4-6 months each, minimum. The non-raid buckets will probably be given 3 months minimum.

Nothing in my opinion. When you get to a point you are clearing Naxx on a regular basis, you probably gonna do it til you are blue in the face. Any new content after that is not Classic Vanilla.

5 Likes

I hope you are right. 4-6 months is a great time to allow people to run the raid and the hardcore players to farm it to get ready for the next tier.

Logically the next step is TBC, although I very personally don’t want to go down that road as we’d just be playing WoW 2 at that point. Because if we go into TBC, what’s the point of stopping there? Why not Wrath aswell? Hell some people would even be okay with Cataclysm, and I’m positive some people would want to play Pandaria again.

And as much as I love the idea of new content how on earth are they gonna go about doing it? With the quality they have now, anything they’d make would feel weird in classic, unless they could some how go back and find a way to recreate the old art style and model design.

As much as i hate to give into the F R E S H meme, I am of the belief that Fresh realms should be released. That or some sort of season system like they have in Diablo.

Because there are only ~200 guilds playing BFA atm…

5 Likes