What will Classic's "Reserved" etiquette be?

It seems that there is a trend on some servers that when they form groups items are reserved. What is the popular, or etiquette you would like used for reserving items on a run? Seems weird seeing someone trying to reserve items for a 5 man dungeon and needing 4 others still for the party.

Remember the Golden Rule: He who makes the group, makes the rules. If you don’t like it, drop group.

However, if he who makes the rules changes the rules to his own benefit, label him a ninja looter and blacklist him on the server.

40 Likes

Mine is very simple; I will not join a dungeon group with reserved items, and I will not make a dungeon group with reserved items.

35 Likes

If you don’t like their rules, make your own group.

That is literally how Vanilla and BC worked. Every. Single. Time.

Expect creative Paladin/Priest/Warlock raid comps due to this.

4 Likes

Yeah if you don’t agree and do it to often as a leader you get branded a ninja, its a touchy one reserving loot but I don’t see it overall being a problem considering how many runs I will do myself anyway.

1 Like

When I checked out a private server, I saw A LOT more “LFM dungeon item X reserved” in trade chat than I did back in Vanilla so I expect it to be higher this time around in Classic too.

People can very easily look up their pre-raid BiS lists and know exactly what they want.

That said, it’s all fair game provided the rules were laid out from the start. If you don’t like the rules they’re advertising, don’t join the group.

If the leader changes the rules half way through, that makes them a ninja looter and they should be treated as such.

11 Likes

Its unfortunate, but its going to happen at least for UBRS when the majority of people are gearing up, and trying for things like Truestrike Shoulders, which half the classes need. Will happen occasionally for 5 mans, with other super rare drops, but less so.

As others said, make your own group. As long as your on a server with a decent population, that wont be overly hard. The best advice for vanilla is always: find a a guild of people you like and trust, and play with them. Everyone, casual to hardcore will be running dungeons a lot early on, most with their guilds. The pugs will naturally collect a lot of players guilds wont tolerate. Of course, there will be quite a few good players too, but its a gamble until rep is established.

3 Likes

If I’m a mage and the guy forming the party wants Ironfoe or whatever, why would I care that he has it reserved? And if I did care, I’d just make my own group or something.

2 Likes

Say something before hand if you PUG. simple as that my friend

2 Likes

This will be my approach.

I plan on playing either a Priest or a Shaman, both as a healer. If somebody wants to reserve Ironfoe I’ll have no problems, because it’s not an item I even want.

If they’re reserving a bunch of gear that’s BiS for me though? I’ll just find another group or make my own.

2 Likes

Would modern Blizz even allow that?

1 Like

I’ll make it a point to not join a group that has any reserved loot.

6 Likes

As long as they announce it while the group is forming I’m fine.

I’ll only join if I don’t care about the item being reserved though, of course. If it’s something I need I want a fair chance at it, but if I’m running the dungeon not caring about that item yet (maybe I need a class quest or a bunch of other drops) I might make an exception.

6 Likes

I feel like people who reserves loot, is looking for mercenaries and not team-mates.

It is one thing, to agree internally in guild to do some runs to get certain items for team-members. Outside guilds, I won’t go for it.

9 Likes

You should want it as a shaman :stuck_out_tongue:

Even if you’re primarily a healer, having the option to do strong melee damage with a weapon swap is valuable.

1 Like

Yeah, this is another thing. I trust my guildmates to poopsock a dungeon epic. Getting randoms for that would be more than a full time job.

1 Like

I need to play the long game and convince the raid leader to give me the first Sulfuras for those sweet, sweet Windfury crits in WSG =P

Though if I go Shaman, I’ll probably have Ele as my off-spec for solo play.

1 Like

That’s fair, but why not both?

1h + shield + melee damage is great vs rogues!

1 Like

I think I also need some agility/strength leather and mail as well.

and of course something for my off-hand in case I don’t need a shield.

1 Like

They should.
If there isn’t some form of blacklist it hurt would the community feeling, basically EVERY realm on vanilla had some sort of blacklist, be it through addons, manual list passed around top guilds or in the realm forum.

If they don’t allow it there’s gonna be one regardless, having a maintained one where people can report and help gives a lot of server stability and helps with the community, on top that it would also make people not commit such things in the first place, of course, it’s gonna be strict to get there.

I’m planning on possibly make one but only for level 60s and start a thread on the realm forums, if they allow it, great, if they don’t, it’s gonna exist regardless.
As they already said in the item trading blue post:

3 Likes