What will Classic's "Reserved" etiquette be?

Of course. Better get some caster cloth too, for when you don’t care about your armor, and a staff in case you’re not specced into 2h axe/mace at the time.

A dagger for frostbrand procs, too.

1 Like

If they don’t allow it here, somebody will just make one elsewhere.

2 Likes

Sounds like I could use a Felstriker dagger to get those extra crits while I get Frostbrand procs.

2 Likes

If it’s made clear before setting out for the dungeon that you need a certain piece, nearly everyone involved will understand and decide whether to group with you or not. For example, Scarlet Monastery, Library, had some sweet caster loot from last boss we all wanted (mainly staff and robes). I went on many runs to get both of these.

2 Likes

I hate it when pally’s who will never tank roll on tank loot, Also the same pally will roll on all cloth and leather.

As for my golden role for reserving? I normally don’t for 5 mans / 10 mans. So long as you tell everyone before you enter the dungi what’s on reserve there’s no foul play.

2 Likes

I remember repeating dungeons as a group until the people who wanted particular items all got what we were looking for. Maybe my friends/guildies had more time for that than others. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This. Can’t remember how many undead Strat runs I did for a pair of those bone slicing hatchets.

:cocktail:

1 Like

Laughing publicly in chat at attempts to reserve sought after items, and then going on to form your own group where the loot rules are fair.

1 Like

If you’re putting something on reserve, in my opinion, you should be bringing something to the table to get the run underway quicker, ie are a tank/healer or paired with one. Some tanks who are geared up do runs and reserve items to sell as a form of gold farming. It’s all good as long as everyone knows whats going on.

2 Likes

I’ll probably just run my own groups if people are reserving things in other groups…

That being said, the real way to reserve items is simply avoid inviting classes that would roll on it. If I wanted hand of justice in brd I’d just bring a bear tank, and casters /hunters. Much easier.

My larger concern is trying to figure out a good way for main spec and off spec rolls… If I let people free roll on anything they want every hybrid and hunter rolls on everything that drops, and people get titled.

If I force everyone to declare a spec at the start for main spec, then the healer and tank just declare dps specs, and roll anyhow, while still getting free gear via no competition for their “off spec”…

If I say you only are main spec in the role you are here as, and off spec everything else, it gets annoying filling groups, since often times those tanks /healers are just looking to fill out off spec gear.

Kind of screwed no matter what way you do it, and I’ve had groups get tilted over all three systems historically.

1 Like

I don’t do reserved groups. I don’t expect anyone to carry me nor will I carry anyone else.

4 Likes

I remember this being common practice when I played. While leveling, you roll on the gear relevant to the contribution you are making for the group. A tank can’t roll on rogue swords/leather unless the rogue isn’t interested (rogue might already have something better for that slot).

I’ve always found that clear communication before the run begins will make the gear distribution smooth and easy. That way I don’t have to tell people they can only roll on this or that kind of item.

Endgame is different of course. Once things become more organized/guilded things become more formal. Each guild handles things their own way.

1 Like

First is he/she the tank?

Are they a healer?

If they are none of those above. Haha.

#^*% that Group.

4 Likes

Hard res, soft res… GBID

There’s going to be alot of GBID tears on these forums.

1 Like

I wont Tank a PuG with “reserved such and such”
That being said, i’m sure there’s different nuances to things when you get up to max level Dungeons

1 Like

Exactly this. Reserving loot in dungeon runs is literally a scum thing to do. You want to reserve something? Solo it.

If you’re a warrior/rogue who wants Ironfoe, and you lead hundreds of groups into BRD looking for that sacred weapon, you deserve it imo. If I were that player and I lost Ironfoe on the 100th run to some random Ive never seen before, I would be livid.

As others have said above me, the leader makes the rules. But he has to stick to his own rules or suffer the consequences.

4 Likes

Same as most said here. Reserves need to be stated right off the bat, and changing or making rules after is just straight up dirty.

If I need a certain item and it’s the only reason I’m even going to that instance, I would generally clear that with groups before joining.

I’d say in Vanilla my hunter ran half guild runs, half pugs. I only ever ran strat with guild because they were helping me get the mount, which is unreasonable to try to reserve in a pug. My guildies were there solely to help me.

Personally I don’t understand why people are against reserves runs as the entire server gears up faster as a result. I want you to imagine the group situation below and see how it is not better in every way.

Group 1:
Tank
Healer
Rogue
Rogue
Ele shaman

Group 2:
Tank
Healer
Mage
Warlock
Ele shaman

So in this scenario we are going to pretend the exact same loot drops for both groups in strath UD. Because these people aren’t intelligent no reserving was done before hand. Lo and behold mask of the unforgiving and the caster 8/8/8/30sp hat drops. What happens in this scenario? Well In one group a mask will get de’ed or vendored and in the other group a hat will get de’ed or vendored. However if it had been reserved in EVEN one of those runs a class will not join a group where likely the only piece of loot they want is reserved. So in the scenario presented 2/10 people would have gained valuable loot, however if reserving had been utilized 4/10 people would have gained valuable loot. It is in the factions best interest to reserve loot in order to properly distribute classes throughout groups to gear up everyone faster as a result.

2 Likes

I see what you are saying. Especially that one of your reasons is; Faster.

Classic ain’t going nowhere. I’d take a wild guess, and say you are from the private sector so to speak. Yes? It would make sense there.

Guild runs will take into account who is running what and with whom anyways (at least if people are smart about it)