What will Blizzard do about Itemization

Hello everyone, for the new update we have found some information, sides the content patching, this was also added, and i would like to ask how everyone feels about it.

This does bring up some interesting things about what they’ll do with items. I.e will DarkIron brotherhood recipes timbermaw Cenrion circle etc. Be in the game early, or the sick LBRS Strat scholo loot? That as added in 1.8, etc? But let’s ignore that for just a moment.

What i was to talk about is Itemiaztion, and if you think blizzard is going to roll back stats, on items to where vanilla vaules and buff them with said patch. Tier 1 is a huge example for those who played back in the day, but hey, i’ll post one for you,

https://itemization.github.io/1.2/armor/hands/deathbone-gauntlets-14622.html

https://itemization.github.io/

that’s the pre-buffed version comparing to the one we got later in the game. I’m just curious on how people feel and what they think blizzard should do about it? I myself do think.

Here is another example of Tier 1.

https://itemization.github.io/1.2/armor/chest/breastplate-of-might-16865.html

Do you guys think they should leave the last version 1.12, as a blanket, or go with the older versions of items, and buff them with the patch content. Personally i feel that this is a topic that doesn’t get a lot of attention, and does play a huge part in powerscaling.

Thank you @ [Stonkered] for posting the github.

I’m not really a fan of the itemization being tinkered with. I was on the fence about playing rogue but i will not be playing one if my daggers dont drop from MC for the first few months. Sword rogues will be fine but im only interested in daggers when it comes to raiding. I guess the silver lining is there were 5 classes i was having trouble deciding playing before but now its 4.

Also hunters wont be able to do their bow quest at the beginning either. That’s a bit of a buzzkiller for me, … maybe 3.

If the raids are actually hard then maybe its a good thing. I know on private servers it was a cake walk but maybe thats because the resistance/armor values are scuffed.

1 Like

I’d rather they not change stats part way through the game.

One problem is, that on private servers they mostly use 1.12 itemization, if you look at dread bone for example many other items have this problem say for gearing a tank, due to them just having an astonishing amount of + def, that it isn’t really a tough challenge to get, you don’t need Def cap for MC mind you but it is something you’ll have to have for BWL.

Later mode itemiaztion will make raiding MUCH MUCH easier. Since the power scaling will be pretty large by itself, from that counting we already are rocking 1.12 talents, just food for thought.

2 Likes

Progressive itemization wouldn’t work right unless classes also changed as per the patches as well.

A Frankenstein 1.12 class with a 1.1 item isn’t anymore authentic than 1.12 classes and 1.12 items right out of the gate(possibly less so.) You’d have spec/item builds as a result that never existed, up until the items got changed to match the classes.

1 Like

Good lord, the set bonuses on that gear…i had no idea they were that bad!

Sword rogue till i die!

I take issue with blizzard attempting to guess at proc rates on older gear without a reference client and assets database for each version of each item.

1 Like

Not to sure. Having items staggered would be ideal, I’m just happy that they are wondering about that themselves. The biggest differences as far as items that I can think of is the new stuff added into MC and the Stat changes on tier 1 gear. And with the Stat changes casters get buffed a bunch. Also the defense squish on items that came sometime during BWL. Oh yeah also tier 1 warrior gear didn’t have +defence at first.

I’m not really concerned either way

Yea if you click the links it show’s all that, even low level gear like Deadmines etc. Where mostly greens, and changed till a much later date for example.

Best solution by far is to buff all level 60 content to account for 1.12 class talents & 1.10 itemization values.

2 Likes

Not exactly what I was looking for, but color me impressed with what Blizzard is trying to do.

They’re actually TRYING.

Still, I’d rather Classic be a “museum” piece as they said. Where you can just log in and play authentic Vanilla. The problem with patch progression is that after 2 years or whatever it is, you’re stuck with 1.12.

2 Likes

I think its amazing that this isnt realized.

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate the effort that progressive itemization takes. But anyone who bellyaches about the lack of progressive itemization effecting progression speed that DOESN’T immediately go nuts over the much much LARGER effect on progression that 1.12 talents brings is either too used to Private Servers, or has long forgotten how much better talents got.

Your gloves for defense are nothing in comparison to revamped talent trees and skills for the classes… Absolutely nothing. That’s why Progressive itemization doesn’t get a lot of complaining. If we get it we get it, but its like seriously ignoring the elephant in the room just to make a big deal of the small mouse in the corner.

4 Likes

This is why “BLIZZLIKE” isn’t actually possible unless they do rolling patches. It’s actually not even CLOSE to blizzlike. That’s honestly fine to me, but I wish they’d address this and tell players that they need to make some more non-blizzlike changes to get the game actually closer to a blizzlike experience. How? Buffing initial level 60 content to account for 1.12 itemization/class talents.

If they don’t. The game is gonna be looking for raid level faceroll until AQ.

That’s the way I unforutnately see it too… However I hear rumors of itemization being rolled back and then progressing in the correct methodology just as the original game.

Now if they could do the same for OG threat mechanics such as threat generation and Taunt, but not only this but how certain classes manage threat; this is all part of the experience.

Additionally they should roll back consumable use to early vanilla as well… Just another of my opinions…