Progressive Itemization

Since we are no longer receiving Dire Maul on release, is it safe to assume that all items will be at their 1.2 state?

I ask this because many items are adjusted in 1.4.

Are we looking at some form of a customized state of the game where we have 1.4 item changes but no DM? This would throw a bit of a wrench into the prebis lists.

Perhaps we are receiving gear in it’s final 1.12 form(I hope not).

No one is 100% I did make a topic on this myself.

The itemiaztion changes are in the Github of the OP but i do feel this is a interesting topic that isn’t talked about too much.

I think we are getting progressive drops. Like they stated with relics. They’re going to keep them off of the loot tables until the time is right.

We most likely won’t be getting items changed mid-Classic.

1 Like

That I understand for sure.

Removing item that did not drop until a later patch. However what about items that dropped in earlier patches but were later adjusted/buffed?

1 Like

Most likely going to see those in their original state, unless stated otherwise.

However due to the new phasing… they have bought themselves more time to tinker around with later stuff. So if they have the data, they “could” do it. But I’m not sure they want to go back and manually change items…twice. Once reverting it to the earlier state and then bringing it back to finish state.

Is lionheart helm available in phase 1 or 2?

Actually I’m not sure.

WoWhead Classic appears to be bugged. It wasn’t added in 1.11, like WoWhead says. Not sure when it was added.

It’s available immediately on release. 1.2 has Lionheart.

fokissed .nsupdate.info/1.2/?search=lionheart

Fix the link ^

Yeah… and it is BIS for the entirety of vanilla. Just curious if they are going to go against vanilla and do what they think makes the most sense or stick to how it was.

-Along the way, we’ve taken a close look at items that provide the biggest power gains, many of which were introduced in 1.10 as part of a sweeping dungeon itemization pass.
Sweeping dungeon itemization pass <— WTF does that mean?

-We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch, and we’re planning to update the drop tables alongside the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort.

So hand of justice is back on angerforge and force of will back on emperor?

1 Like

Here’s a question. If they don’t revert back MC gear to 1.1 levels of crappyness, then technically 1.12 MC tier gear might actually be BiS entering BWL no? I remember them adding spell power to them later on for mages.

Dare I say, this might actually be a good thing? Different, but good.

1 Like

So the way i read it they are planning on looking at and fixing some of the OP dungeon gear. I’m not exactly sure what they mean but I’m hoping that means all the dungeons will drop their pre 1.10 loot until the AQ bucket

I sure hope so! There are just far too many items that get SUBSTANTIAL boosts.

Would further trivialize the content which is already a bit of an issue considering we are getting 16 debuffs on launch.