What was your favorite Expansion? FREE Store Mount Giveaway Over

4 mounts. 4 winners thanks to Grizzle adding 2 more :grinning:

1 Like

Mists of Pandaria.

Ever since the beginning of WoW and playing Chen Stormstout in WC3, I always wanted to play a Pandaren. Heck, when my dad introduced me to the game, one of the first things I exclaimed was: “Which one of these buttons let’s me play a Pandaren?”

And when the release announcement came out, I was ECSTATIC. Playing through it I had a whole new love for it; BEAUTIFUL looking zone, amazing music (The erhuist they got was amazingly well) and I even enjoyed the characters.

I was planning to leave WoW after Cata because of how everything felt generic, but MoP really pulled me in and I loved every moment in it; even thought the Sha were terrifying and a fun villain to mess around with!

Also evidence of the new character models; Garrosh was the first updated.

So yes, My choice for favorite expansion was Mists of Pandaria.

2 Likes

Endwalker.

I only have played Vanilla, WoD, Legion, BFA and Shadowlands. Of those Legion is my favorite. It wasn’t perfect but I loved raiding in that expac. WoD was when I first came back to the game so I did not experience the content drought everyone else did, since I was leveling to raid. And I just did dungeons to get to max.

If I had played through it the first time, TBC would be my absolute favorite. I’ve enjoyed TBC Classic.

Vanilla.

Blizzard: “I guess I should’ve taken that right at Albequerque.”

Nope, they went left.

So much wasted game potential, constantly retreading old wow story ground, thus trying to kill said wow lore tree, which isn’t even a forest yet after seventeen years… somehow?

For me?

I really enjoyed the story that WoD, Cata and BFA did mechanic wise and such. I am still satisfied with Shadowlands, though that is my own personal opinion.

Least favorite? None, I like them all in one degree or another.

1 Like

Honestly? thats great. You dont enjoy wow anymore? Fine. Enjoy endwalker. Im happy for you. Go play it. But dont come here and be and edgy jerk to the rest of us. We are not Blizzard. Dont take your frustration for wow out on us

2 Likes

Legion was great. I like the mage tower when we still had our artifacts/legendaries lol…

2 Likes

O_o

How did you get triggered so hard with one freakin’ word?

FF is down for maintenance right now. I’m done with the story as of this morning. It’s my favorite MMO expansion, at least story wise, and I’ve been playing MMO’s since before WoW. I personally found it to be absolutely incredible. You need to chill fam. Like I did nothing to you.

No one is triggerd. Im simply saying there was no reason at all to post that. Please stop trying to derail this thread. Its a positive one and its staying that way

3 Likes

I was being positive. You’re the one who turned it into a war. Get a grip.

I literally said one single word and you went berserk.

Im satisfied with most of it. Whats my favorite part of it? The art in the Zones. You can just look at Bastion and see all the care and love that went into that zone and I feel like a lot of us focus on the content drought and take things like that for granted

Sometimes and I myself am guilty of this. But sometimes we need top take a hard look at whats there instead of what we wish was there

1 Like

My favorite expansion is easily Mist of Pandaria, but not for the reason you think.

It’s where I really get engaged with the game, interact with my guildmates, start raid leading them (I was a heroic solo pugger from WotLK up to end of Cata), met someone I liked, albeit it was a failing relationship. All of that fell apart at end of the expac as that person moved away and I lost motivation to raid hardcore, so I decided to quit wow for a few months and come back after.

Overall, just thinking about that expansion gave me a bunch of nostalgia dose. I can vividly remember that that expansion period allowed me to open myself up to the game more not just in terms of gameplay but also to start talking to people as I was a complete shut-in and loner.

1 Like

Trolls will be trolls

6 Likes

Every expansion is a mix of things I liked and disliked and reducing it down to a ranked list really misses a lot of nuances. Sometimes its just a matter of whether I found an endgame loop that felt fun or the real-world state of mind I was in.

I added all this disclaimer because my snap response is perhaps a surprising one: WoD, a game with a brutally rough launch and an almost non-existent endgame in the open world for me. But to be fair, I really, really liked garrisons.

( Legion had by far the most individual things I enjoyed, but it also had a few things I really hated … it seems that for me, a mix of extreme likes and dislikes adds up to a final experience that’s a little less than the sum of the parts )

1 Like

Not really as I have said before… Many PvPers LOVED wod. All the titles you could farm from your Gladiators Sanctum? Templates in random BGs so the gear grind on a fesh max level toon didnt feel so brutal? It was one one the best expansions for PvPers really. Its the PVE crowd that hated it because sadly its what it lacked the most content of

Yes. Do not feed the trolls. They will bite off your hand in doing so. Just ignore and move on. You are doing a good thing here OP

1 Like

Mists of Pandaria

Not sure if i have rose tinted goggles on or not but enjoyed all aspects of the game during this expansion and have such great memories from it

1 Like

So sweet of yall for doing this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My favourite expansion…
Has to be a tie! I loved both Wrath and MoP. Wrath because I learned how to heal (by dying alot due to Defile on LK) :rofl: and learned to dispel properly. I also learned how to tank (with a lovely 5 framerate!) but I enjoyed the heck out of ICC! I met my best friend back then.

MoP because I really enjoyed the farm and just the storyline. It was a peaceful expansion, I don’t think they could replicate that if they tried. I take every toon thru MoP and do the farm in Chromie Time when leveling now. I also had some good pvp memories.

2 Likes

My favourite expansion was Mists of Pandaria.

All classes were fluid and felt great to play.

1 Like