What was your favorite Expansion? FREE Store Mount Giveaway Over

My favorite expansion was Legion. It started rough but the introduction of mythic + was a game changer for me. Until Legion the activity that interested me the most was pvp arena. Arena from wrath through about mid wod was cool (i started playing in wrath) but i mostly abandoned pve by the time mop came out. Work schedules and guilds never really worked together. But with m+ it was puggable, infinitely repeatable content with decent rewards. Thanks for the post!

2 Likes

I only started playing in MoP so I can’t comment on previous expansions (at least when it was current content).

I would say either MoP or Legion. Legion imo had the best storytelling in the entirety of WoW, whereas MoP had the best gameplay.

2 Likes

Very humble of you to up the odds of winning for others by not entering. Thank you so much for sharing none the less

3 Likes

For me it has to be Mists of Pandaria. Added my favourite class, had a great story and map. Just generally great lore and atmosphere wise.

2 Likes

There was no ilvl switch at the start of Legion. How do you think we got ilvl 1000?

1 Like

I think it was either in the pre-patch or in WoD either way the iLvL Squishes have done irrevocable damage to the game in the long term by messing up how things scale. Then the 7.3.5 scaling changes further cemented that damage by making you weaker as you level. Followed by the BFA Pre-patch iLvL squish.

1 Like

Talk about my favorite store mount for a chance to win my favorite expansion?

Nah, kidding :sweat_smile:

Wrath of the Lich King, for a lot of reasons. Some having to do with the game, and others having nothing to do with the game and more the community.

Gameplay wise, Wrath had some of the best the game has ever seen. Many fun abilities and talents that became staples of the classes and made them absolutely fun to play had been introduced, leaving a sense of class envy for me. It was the first time I wanted to play everything. The progression in both PVP and PVE was simple and grounded enough to be enjoyable without being too much - a problem the game has now, to me.

The expansion also had some of my favorite moments and was the height of my experience playing WoW in both PVE and PVP. I will always look back during this time and remember my friends, the communities and guilds I played with on my server - some of them friends, some rivals and some genuine enemies. There was nothing like old WoW server communities before things got shaken up with cross realm and declining populations.

The story was also pretty damn good. There was WC3 source material to go off of, but still it was excellent all the way through. I also loved most of the zones in Northrend. Howling Fjord was excellent and in my opinion one of the underappreciated ones.

And lastly, Wrath of the Lich King coincided with a rough time in my life. I was going through a lot of negative things, some of which felt catastrophic. WoW, my friends and my experiences in the game helped me through that in a way I will always appreciate no matter what happens with the game.

3 Likes

I really liked Legion, because of the Underlight Angler.
Not even sure why as I am not really big into fishing. I did grind it out on a few characters though and it kept me busy and actually enjoyed the fishing required for this. shrug

Also loved the class fantasy aspect of legion. Made my class feel special and created a ton of goals to achieve for each class. I still level most of my alts through legion.

4 Likes

Not entering (for obvious reasons :P) but my favorite expansion was Mists.

The general atmosphere of the expansion was amazing. The zones were all beautiful and huge (which is a negative nowadays, but was great back then). You could get flying immediately at max level, and the raids were fun. (Although some LFR bosses had… issues.)

I enjoyed it being the first time Blizzard had to make new lore for the game for the entire expansion, as Pandaria had never really been explained.

2 Likes

UPDATE:

In the spirit of giving at this time of year Grizzle has on his own accord donated 2 more mounts out of his own pocket! What an amazing community this is! Now there will be 4 Winners thanks to him!!!
So this is now sponsored by myself and Grizzle!

We have worked out all the details! :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Thanks to both of you. Happy Holidays! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wrath was my favorite also.
So many dungeons and raids. Ulduar will always be my favorite.
There was so much to do and the zones like Grizzley Hills were so beautiful.

2 Likes

Burning Crusade.

I started playing WoW right before BC launched. Had lots of fun as a new player and meeting some of the friends i still play with.

2 Likes

Grizzle, thanks for doing this. I try to stay positive about WoW although I admit some days it’s easier than others. Threads like this help and I applaud you for doing it.

That being said…

Before I talk about my favorite expansion, I can’t let this go by without saying a word about Vanilla. Even though it’s not an expansion, many of my greatest moments were had there and it’ll probably be my overall favorite wow experience. Things such as running Deadmines, my first encounter with Hogger, the first time flying over Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes between Stormwind and Ironforge as a fresh Level 10 character and seeing all those “high level” mobs, and of course my first time hitting the level cap in Un’Goro Crater.

However, to the purpose of this thread, my favorite expansion is TBC. I just remember how incredibly excited I was to step through the portal for the first time into Hellfire Peninsula and how amazing it all was.

4 Likes

He did an amazing thing indeed. This community never ceases to Amaze me. 2 more people get to have a Happy Holiday thanks to him

1 Like

My Favourite expac is Wotlk
I was doing my graduation first year in 3d animation and the background i came from wasnt “Internet savvy” i mean the only use of computer i did was to watch movies and play offline free games , I didnt even knew about torrents lol that was my level of knowledge of internet . I didnt knew about mmorpgs i didnt knew about torrents nothing what i knew was that i love games and i wanna make a career in it so i took admission in a college in a big city . So on like 8th or 9th day (somewhere in that ballpark) i was playing a free game “FATE” on my lap in the classroom and then a friend who i met in college came to me and saw me playing the game and then he said “Hey dude comon these are kids games ,what are you doing lol” and i replied well i like these kind of games and i can only get the free versions then he told me about torrents and i suddenly i felt like how neo felt after knowing about matrix :stuck_out_tongue: . Then he asked me if i know about mmorpgs and i told him “like facebook farm ?” and he almost choked laughing . After he was done doing that he told me that there is a game World Of Warcraft and it is a Mmorpg and what mmorpgs are but he said its something i have to pay to play mean a subscription and it was 15$ which in my currency were 1500 bucks which was a big amount for me . Then he told me that there is another way that is private servers and i was eager to see how much good is this game coz my friend was praising it so so so so much . I joined a private server WOTLK and as soon as i spend like hour in it i was mesmerized by the game ,so i started playing but then becoz of some reasons it shut off so i found another private that was top at that moment . For 8 years i played WOTLK on 4 different private servers (becoz of them shutting down 1 after another and i move on to next ). I was an officer on all 4 of those servers and i was in charge of raids and for me the interaction with different peoples from different countries was amazing . I made some very very very very good friends there with whom i m still in contact even though they dont play wow anymore but we are still in contact via facebook . We used to talk crap on raidcall/vent(i doubt some of you will even know what that is lol :P) and raid togather and enjoying the thrill and excitment of downing LK and killing aglaglon and anubarek etc . Those were the years i got into something but WOW was my therapy idk why but playing wow always calms me and makes me happy upto this day .

TLDR Wotlk because regardless of a private server which was full of bugs glitches etc because we did it with friends was amazing :slight_smile: and i think thats the core of any MMORPG .

1 Like

My favorite expansion is the Lich King.
I played it only on private servers, I came to blizzard only on cataclysm. I couldn’t play this extraordinary expansion. I would really like to have made the achievements of the time. The icy world and its King is my favorite environment as well as a northrend is a sensational map.
with its quests and lots of cool stuff to do. like the new naxxramas.

never forgetting - For the Horde.

2 Likes

My favorite expansion: TBC. best memory ?, getting to the dead mines, seeing the boat, total noob back then mind you !. no clue what aggro meant ?, well, i found out alright, THE WHOLE DANG BOAT CAME DOWN AND KILLED ME !!, lmao. i was in tears from laughter i tell ya…( after i found out what aggro was ?..lol. 57 yrs old here, been playing sense right after TBC came out, been through pretty much all exp cept vanilla. i have seen the up’s and down’s of this game, i’m sure most old timers in this thread know what i speak of !. my second best exp was MOP. MOP was a ton of fun back then for me, that is where i made this toon. first toon was a night elf boomie, good times back then. would be great to win a store mount, never to this day have i ever purchased a store mount, i always farm them in game, seeing how i am a solo player for the most part, good luck to everyone !.

2 Likes

My favorite expansion was The Burning Crusade. It’s when I first started playing and I had a blast playing it.

3 Likes

haha, can never forget that fel reaver ?, was playing with the person that got me started playing, we are out in the outlands…hear a roar…ground shaking, i ask ‘’ what is that ‘’ ?..next thing i know…splat !..i say…never mind…i know what it was now !..rofl.

2 Likes