What was your favorite Expansion? FREE Store Mount Giveaway Over

Hmm I really liked Mists and Legion, but I will go with Legion for this. The class halls were a great idea and artifact weapons were pretty awesome. Fun to see you doing another mount giveaway already!

2 Likes

I loved the story, lore, setting, and music of MoP so much. Its definitely my favorite expansion.

I also really liked Cata, which seems to be an unpopular opinion, but as someone who hasnt raided since BC, I loved how many dungeons there were, and how Blizz kept adding new ones.

1 Like

I don’t want a mount but that is so very sweet of you. A dying breed!

Wrath! I started in wrath and felt so much magic in wrath.

1 Like

How very kind of you to “up the odds” for others. Thank you so much for sharing your experience none the less.

1 Like

My favorite expansion so far probably would be Legion.

Why? because during MoP all my friends from my starting guild that i played with since cata quit/left. they went their own ways due to work/family/school/life in general. none of them came back although i still keep in touch with 2 of them on facebook. In Legion is where i fell in love with the mage class for the first time. mained it for a long time since only benched it for SL. Legion is also where i made new friends who i still talk to now despite they quit. 1 comes back during expac launches but due to covid he has idk depression since he lost his job at the start of covid so it was rough for him and since then he now just plays f2p shooters or shooters that you pay once and thats it no active subs or nothing.

i enjoyed almost every aspect of legion as well; class halls, weapon artifacts, mage tower, class mounts. this is what i miss the most about legion it had class related things unlike today where it’s just kinda meh. i like class things like class quests in classic WoW. makes me feel sort of unique in a way.

2 Likes

Pandaria for me too.

I’d always tried out the introduced races for every expansion, but pandas were unique in that the character I rolled was going home, and what a home it was. I didn’t much appreciate being called strange-looking as I looked like every other female pandaren, but went with it figuring it couldn’t tell the difference between me and any other of my characters.

It was also the first expansion I got anything done quickly leveling-wise, I had to take a panda from the Turtle to the zeppelin ride in order to even see the place. The zone was still considered ‘overtuned’ at the time, but I persevered and reached the farm. I didn’t really go much further than that, was late in the expansion before I even got to the gates to open them into the Vale (I got a lift to learn flying from a guildie). So I didn’t really know what changes the patches were bringing, but I hated them all. I still think “it was so beautiful once” whenever I fly over the Vale.

I loved the fishing, the fishing daily, even the roving silverdragons (this girl was the first to take one out) that usually defeated me quickly. Never attacked a non-hostile one. I was questing in Jade Forest down by the Alliance areas, where Mogu are attacking some tree-farmers, and though most went down in a few hits, this one wasn’t—and purple circles of death were appearing on the ground! I barely survived by running like mad and casting spells as fast as possible, but what a sense of accomplishment when it went down.

4 Likes

burning crusade. my first memories consist of making a undead warlock only to get him dead in western plaguelands because i didn’t realize the game was an open sandbox and thought it worked more like a looping map where it would bring you back to the start so i just kept plowing through all these skull and ?? mobs wondering when the starting zone would come back up.
so then i gave up on him and made a blood elf warlock and then took the orb to undercity and the zeppelin to durotar, then ran into the valley of honor and was scared half to death from all these intimidating sounding guild names astride these fearsome wolves not realizing they were friendly horde guilds saw they were all orcs,tauren and undead thought it was some sort of huge raid on the city and thought they were all going to kill me, so i hid out in the weeds in the fishing pond and hoped they wouldn’t notice me. i hid there for a good 30 minutes or so before someone came up and asked me “what are you doing” to which i responded “i’m hiding from them.” that’s when they informed me that the people were from my same faction.

3 Likes

well, i never really win anything, and can’t even guarantee i will see your post to ‘quote’…but…mine

definitely legion…only been playing since '16…legion was my 1st real xpac to play current…and the only time i have ever had any ‘friends’ in game to play with. many other reasons…artifacts, the scenery, story…but mostly cuz i wasn’t alone to do it all with…
since then…they have all quit playing…never see them online any more…so …wound up doing all of bfa & now all of SL by myself.

2 Likes

Why not randomly select at a deliberate choice?

My favorite expansion was Legion. Just loved the legendaries and class halls and ashes of alar finally dropped during that time.

3 Likes

All you have to do is visit the forums on Dec 19th around noon EST. If you won you will have a notification in the right hand corner over your icon. I will have Quoted you just like I did here

1 Like

Because its a Raffle. All the names of the people that give valid responses are entered and 2 are Randomly pulled. Its 100% fair and unbiased. Fair to everyone.

1 Like

Lol you missed my silly joke. That sentence having random twice is redundant.

I get why you’re picking at random/it’s a raffle :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Favorite expansion: Wrath of the Lich King

Mostly because of the guild I was with and the fact it was new/connected heavily to Warcraft 3.

2 Likes

I don’t want a store mount, but Legion. It had problems of course. No WoW expansion has been free of problems. Legion was actually fun.

2 Likes

I did enjoy stacking some of those corruptions at the end of BFA, but I’m going to stick with Legion.

1 Like

I guess I did lol. Yeah… Not the first time I made a booboo and it wont be the last. Fixed the OP.

2 Likes

Don’t beat yourself over it. I just got a chuckle out of it.

You’re doing a good thing with this raffle. Good luck to everyone.

3 Likes

Everyone except Barry Allen right? :wink:

2 Likes

I have been with WOW since the beginning in 2004. My boys each had a computer and we played together. We made characters and named them. I had the luxury of having them name mine. “Target.” And that’s what I was used for so they could go after the kills. I later named mine Effexor.

Each expansion brought more excitement and challenges. Then each of us took our characters seriously: a Thief (who was, at one time was one of the highest ranking in PVP, and a Warrior, who was always leveling way ahead of us). I played a Warlock and became a gentle herbalist and alchemist and also the of sucking of Souls on the side.

Our favorite was the Lich King. We attacked the game voraciously so we could take on the lich as a team. I was difficult, however, with the help and a few friends, we made it. Best fight ever.

There is one fight out of hundreds I would like to tell you. My wife wanted to see what WOW was all about. We made her a mage character, demonstrated how to aim and fire and most importantly, how to run. Remember this. We found a boss with some peeps to vanquish . Well, my ambitious Warrior son didn’t tell us we were fighting a group five levels higher than us. on a good day, we could maybe stand our ground That day was not that day. We were fighting frantically, we were also taking a pounding. One by one we went down. That is me and my sons went down. I went to see how my wife was doing. She was running in a circle in an off room where there were no bad guys. Her strategy of running in circle was better then ours of fighting.

2 Likes

While i loved WotLK, i think i must pick legion as my favorite expansion. Why? Because of the class fantasy. I absolutely loved the different class campaigns full of flavor and the transmog sets are amazing to this day. The main storyline was kind of whack and fanfic-y but in a somewhat fun way. I was not as bothered by the fan service as in other expansions.

2 Likes