What was your favorite Expansion? FREE Store Mount Giveaway Over

1 day since last post?!
A slap in the face!

1 Like

Mists of Pandaria.
There was so much to see and do and take in.
From the Jade Forest to Timeless Isle, there was always something to get into.
The raids were fun, we had reforging, a top notch story with believable baddies.
We had a farm, mountains to climb, islands to explore.
Lots of dailies. The Timeless Isle was basically a playground for alt catch ups.
PvP was fun.
The zones were beautiful and well planned out, with lots of little secrets to discover, remember the bind on account weapons you could find? I do.

And then there was the legendary cloak questline that gave you access to a world boss.

I still smile and get the warm fuzzies everytime I go there, all that and I didn’t even mention the new class AND race we got!

If I win, just give my mounts to the person with the lowest amount of mounts in their collection, I have over 300 from just playing casually all these years and honestly, I’d probably never use any new ones I got.

2 Likes

Burning Crusade!

First expansion, so I got to live that initial excitement in seeing the World of Warcraft truly grow for the first time. I had been looking forward to blood elves since WC 3: TFT, so that was also a plus, fell in love with Silvermoon, Eversong and Ghostlands.

Also netherdrakes and flying. The awe I felt when I first stepped foot into Shattrath to see people FLYING just filled me with an even greater sense of purpose. The fact that flying opened up new zones and reputations just made it all the more better. I lived WoW back then, and it all peaked with the Scourge Invasion. I remember watching Shatt and Stormwind overwhelmed by ghouls as it led on to another great expansion.

Man, I really miss the old days. I truly wish I could go back.

1 Like

People must not life free gifts?

1 Like

People are so jaded, they assume it’s just a scam probably.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’d guess most who were going to enter, already have. Forum population has been down for a while.

1 Like

According to the first page stats shows 115 unique users so I’d say that is not a bad turnout. Since a lot of us opted out to increase others’ chances then about 4/80 or 1/20 for each mount. That’s big enough to make it exciting but small enough to make seen like there is a real chance of winning. I think it’s a good number.

2 Likes

I don’t like pugging so I have avoided it.

bump

I really love the Warlords of Draenor expansion, mainly because I liked to do casual pvp and I would say that WoD had some of the best casual pvp gearing around! Plus I liked the raid and the MM hunter set was very fun :star_struck:

1 Like

Edited my post cause Fluffy insisted I keep the ticket. ^^

This is a really nice idea, especially around the holidays. I will gracefully pass on participating in the raffle, but wanted to still share my favorite expansion:

Cataclysm

I’m probably part of a very short list of people who tag cata as their favorite expansion. There are two reasons for it being my favorite.

1. Discipline priests got Atonement, allowing them to heal through Smite, which was so cool and so much fun for me. I’m not talking about the broken version later in the expansion, but the early version where it could only reach characters in melee with the target you were smiting. It gave you a way to deal decent damage on the focused target and keep your melee healed up a decent amount, while still needing to pay attention to most of your ranged members’ health. It was rewarding if you were good at it and punishing if you weren’t.

2. I met my wife during cataclysm. Let’s be honest, tough to beat this reasoning. Hard to not love something that guided me to the true love of my life.

4 Likes

Boooop! !

1 Like

Good to see the thread is still going! There are some great posts in here.

1 Like

My favorite expansion :

Wrath of the Lich King. Felt the game was in a great place at that time and the friends that I had playing were amazing! Miss those guys.

1 Like

Honestly, I loved Wrath of the Lich King. It was hands down my favorite expansion… I was going through a rough patch in life between parents fighting, being pressured to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, and other family issues. WoW was my escape and Wrath made it even more so. I loved the environment, the viking style, the mounts, the world, and especially the music. Wrath made WoW a world I could completely immerse and get lost in. It was my life away from life. I still love to quest in Wrath zones on alts and especially in the Storm Peaks. My absolute favorite thing about Wrath was the music, it made you feel something. It matched the environment and gave you a sense of what the area represented and the Storm Peaks nailed it.

The Storm Peaks is where Ulduar was, the origins of life on Azeroth, we were just discovering our roots and learning about the Titans. The music was perfect because at some points it was beautiful and aw inspiring and in others it sounded dangerous which matched the beautiful yet harsh and unforgiving environment that was the Storm Peaks. I had some of my best memories in Wrath, including having the TLPD spawn on top of me at 3 am while on my way to tame Gondria in Zul’Drak (I think that’s the cat that was there, I mix the 3’s names up) I had npc scan turned up all the way and forgot and darn near peed myself when it pinged and played the loud jungle horn alert. I panicked, dismounted at a wrong spot and almost died and lost it but I survived with roughly 5% hp left meleeing that thing as a hunter. I then proceeded to get the cat after. All in all, I love the feeling Wrath gave me. I also adore how different each zone looked in Wrath, from an undead zombie troll zone to a desolate ice age tundra, all the way to the other end of the spectrum with a lush Alaskan style forest.

Edit: I should mention too, the reason I stay with WoW over other MMO’s is because I’ve played them all… They are fun for sure but WoW is still the one mmo that has immense freedom in a MASSIVE world. I feel so restrained in other games because of all the world barriers. There is still yet to date not an mmo that has this big of an environment. And honestly, I guess sometimes I hold onto the old feelings it gave me and hope that some day there will be another expansion that brings it back.

2 Likes

My favorite expansion was Legion!
I loved all the class fantasy that came with the artifacts, tier sets, class halls and quests! It was also the start of M+ which a large part of the community has enjoyed.

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Legion by far, The expansion was just all around awesome for me! after playing since vanilla Legion was where I started raiding and loved it! also that was the expac mt brother and I had time off from work. He stayed at my house and we played morning to night for a week! best time I’ve ever had

2 Likes

Favorite Expansion: The Burning Crusade because of getting flying for the first time. Damn that really changed the feel of the game.

I remember trying to be as frugal as possible to have enough gold to buy the faster training and mount but forgot about training my skills at 60 so I was short gold. I went and looted all the gold from my handful of alts and cleaned out their banks so I could fly at the fastest speed.

I also really enjoyed all the different raids in that expansion (small and big) too.

1 Like

My favorite expansion was Wrath of the Lich King. There’s so many reasons that it was my favorite:

• The culmination of the WC3 story in Wrath was epic. The art of the entire expansion, the overall theme, the characters and lore. It was all great. It was the perfect way to finish off WC3.
  • The raids were awesome. I did all of the raids, had tons of fun, and for a large chunk of them I was able to PUG. I got into my first serious raiding guild in Wrath and ended up killing Yogg Zero + Algalon on 10/25, Got Tribute to Insanity in ToC 10, and Heroic LK in both 10/25. Also did the 3 drakes in for mounts and much more. There was a lot to do and I actually had loads of time back then to play.
  • The dungeons were progressive in the story and awesome. I remember we had starter dungeons, then each raid tier we got brand new dungeons that were harder and more in line with the current gear we had. The Trial of the Crusader and Ice Crown dungeons were actually very hard for a lot of people, but loads of fun.
  • World PvP was still epic back then. Tarren Mill was still an open battleground, world PvP was poppin off. I remember going to Scholozar basin and fighting over the fishing daily in the water hole. Probably the most fun I’ve ever had in WoW. Also as a bonus there was humanoid tracking food so you could track enemy players just like a hunter could track beasts. Insanely good times.

GL All Merry Christmas.

1 Like