What was your favorite Expansion? FREE Store Mount Giveaway Over

If, for whatever reason, I am chosen as a winner, I want my mount to go to Swarf.

My Favorite Expansion:

My favorite expansion was Mists of Pandaria for all the same reasons that so many people hate it. I love the Pandaren race. The fact that they could choose their faction thrilled me. Pandaria itself was the most beautiful, atmospheric, and vibrant land we’ve ever visited with the best music and fantastic design. I loved the theme and the story, Monk is one of my favorite classes, you could make a noodle cart, and the Timeless Isle was an incredibly fun end-game theme park.

There was really nothing about Mists of Pandaria that I disliked (other than the legendary questline being discontinued after the expansion ended). The difficulty was a bit higher than I would’ve liked, but it has aged well. Cloud Serpents remain among the coolest mounts in the game.

All the lore related to Pandaria. The Hozen. The Mogu. The Celestials. It’s all so exquisite.

We even got our own farm!

When people hate on MoP, Pandaren, Pandaria, Monk, or anything related to these things; I take it personally and hear their criticisms as “I don’t like Orgrimoire and I hope he’s sad.”

5 Likes

My favorite is BFA because that’s where I had the most fun. I’m not kidding. We were immediately thrown into the action at the beginning, and gear was easy to obtain. The zones were cozy on the Alliance side, and treacherous on Horde side. The bosses and raids were interesting. Mechagon was a blast. The dungeons were fun and not too corny. SL is done better, but also a tad more boring in my opinion.

2 Likes

At first thought, I’d have to say Wrath of the Lich King. I started during BC, and happily created my DK when Lich King came out. I loved the immersion of the story of your character ‘creation’, being a servant of the Lich King until the big confrontation and you then join ‘the right side.’ Even with all the changes to the specs from the initial, my DK from that time is still one of my favorite toons.

I then saw people mention Pandaria. I have to say that is my favorite module, but as I came to it waaaaay afterwards, I feel it unfair to call it my favorite, even though I think it is the best designed, best balanced and has a wide variety of play that can appeal to all sorts of players: Casual (the cooking and farming and serpent riding! I had hours and hours of fun with that.) As well as the more intense areas as things progressed along the storyline. It really engaged, almost more than the lich king in some ways.

1 Like

With this Holiday Raffle ending Sunday @noon EST. I just want to take this moment to once again thank Grizzle for upping the giveaway to 4 winners from 2. It just goes to show how Amazing this community can be. Its easy to forget this with so much Negativity on the forums. Glad we could keep this thread positive!

From the both of us. Good luck to All of you for Sunday

4 Likes

I started on Ursin about 2 months before TBC launched. I was so proud of my Orc Warrior! For anyone present on launch day, you would recall the excitement when you entered The Dark Portal for the first time! Exploring such a vast new world filled to the brim with such exciting possibilities. The starting zones were absolutely drenched in level 60s, running amok in their new world as far and wide as the eye could see! it was also the first time I joined a guild. I quested solo for quite some time, and I was ready to group up if the opportunity presented itself. So, I joined a small guild of 4 called Trepanation. We were not a great guild full of top pvpers or raiders, but man did we have fun! We would spend our time questing, BG’s, wpvp and ofc running instances. I made some amazing friends, and it remains my happiest memories of WoW. We would laugh in VENT all night doing stupid stuff. So, for me it was The Burning Crusade! I just wanted to share my experience with you guys and yes, I’m still friends with the same group of guys from Trepanation. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

AAAHHHHHH

Firstly, Thank you for you guys’ generousity!

I think I would have to say Mists of Pandaria was my favorite expansion. I enjoyed the storyline, the visuals, the music, everything overall was enjoyable for me. I mean how can you not enjoy “Ook them in the dooker”.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind words and thank you for sharing

Countdown has started! A little over
:four: :eight:
hours left!

4 Likes

Gonna be a great weekend for for 4 people!

2 Likes

Check my big Update Below! It will be even better for those 4 people now. Thanks to Blizzards sale

1 Like

BIG UPDATE!

With all but 2 of the store mounts now being 50% off. I had allocated funds for 4 mounts for 4 winners. With this new sale if you win? You can pick 1 of the 25$ mounts NOT on sale or TWO yes TWO of the store mounts on sale. Literally all but two are on sale!

Thank Blizzard for springing this sale. They are basically giving you an extra mount lol

Happy Holidays! I hope this update is good news!

3 Likes

Same here. The game may not have had transmog or certain other features I enjoy now, back then, but it was a time when the Blizzard devs actually had hearts and cared about their customers.

1 Like

TBC…
Blood elves…rolled this character the minute I could log in when the expac launched and never looked back

1 Like

wod i know, dont bite my head off!!! i have a good reason!!! lol

its when i got my own account. my mates played in vanilla. i would of played but my net was to bad to play at that time so i was playing runescape. one of my mates wouldnt shut up about it so i think i knew as much about wow as a player at the time.

when i got my net upgraded i started. was in wod and enjoyed it alot. skipped legion caz of rl stuff and came back in bfa and have been playing since

1 Like

I believe this was every PvPers favorite xpax.

Cool titles to farm from Sanctum in the Garrison? Templates so gearing an ALT in BGs isnt so brutal? Whats not to like? It was VERY PVE content try though. Its the raiders who hated it

and the people that hatted the garrison. i hear alot of the “omg, this is housing? it sucks” (even tho its not) and “i dont see anyone out in the world, there all hiding in there garrisons”

Only Horde players lol. The Alliance level 3 Garrison was epic. I still chill there

1 Like

I liked Wrath cause it was when I started, and I could join a lot of raids as a total noob, and do heroic dungeons via dungeon finder while getting raid gear for various characters. It was also a hell of a lot of fun making alts, tossing boa on them, and trying odd specs to level with despite the fotm trees people theorycrafted. Oh and Arthas was pretty cool as a villain!

I also forgo my raffle ticket thing but rock on.

1 Like

i also hang in my lev 3 one at times, mostly when im on my weekly mount farm run, lol

the alliance one is also pretty

1 Like