What Sword?

1 Like

I think magni should send sargeras a sternly worded letter saying he MUST remove the sword or magni will be forced to kick him out of the titan facebook page and he wont be invited to the neighborhood barbecue.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you guys think is supposed to happen with the sword? We cleansed the wound and we canā€™t remove it without killing the planet. So for the moment it stays.

Thereā€™s nothing about the sword that makes it an imminent problem and no indication that anything will happen involving it any time soon. Iā€™m confused at what all you guys think Blizz is ignoring.

3 Likes

So much this.

Whats the difference and whats your point?

Iā€™m sure they have a plan to revisit the sword in the future, but they obviously canā€™t talk about it yet and as a result the ā€œWhat sword?ā€ line has become a bit of a meme.

1 Like

If folks would just try to visualize the swordā€™s size in comparison to the planet Azeroth, theyā€™d finally begin to understand why it is really of no concern.

Sure, itā€™s a monstrously huge weapon at about three miles long, with probably two miles of that length embedded into the groundā€¦but picture that being stuck into an Earth sized world that is nearly eight thousand miles across, and almost twenty-five thousand miles around. If you backed away far enouth to see the whole world, the sword would almost be unnoticeableā€¦a virtual speck.

The only reason Sargarasā€™ sword was making Azeroth (the world soul) hemorrhage Azerite everywhere is because it was imbued with a poisonous corruption. That has been drained away now, making it nothing more than a nuisanceā€¦like a wart you are only bothered with when someone mentions it.

ā€œWart? What wart?ā€

Gonna be funny when they actually make it lore cannon

The void lords gave us an illusion that the sword is still there but reality itā€™s not there anymore they wield it now behind the scenes

Would this really be that bad?

The npc isnā€™t a joke about the sword. Itā€™s a joke about the forum posts and those that make them. Something can be used to make fun of someone or something else without itself being a joke.

:pleading_face:

Iā€™ve always had a soft spot for that zone. Little teenager me thought it was amazing 20 years ago.

Idk Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll have us fix the sword when they can. It would be really weird to fix it right now though.

Is it going to be rude to mention the sword to her?

When she wakes up, she will draw the sword from herself and use it as her weapon to slice and dice void lords. It will cut extra well because it will be coated in azerite (much akin to Benderā€™s electro-matter lined sword in ā€œBeast with a billion backsā€)

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I just think of it like any other historical land mark

They chose Silithus for a reason. Its one of the most iconic lore driven areas in WoW.

I would be surprised if we get a new AQ eventually as the Silithids try to harvest the power of Azeroth themselves.

Integrity? What integrity?

Iā€™m sure itā€™s owner will retrieve it once we bring illidan back in an expac or two

2 Likes

What did the legion do before it had a leader? I think thatā€™s a more interesting story than ā€œdestroy all lifeā€

ā€œWhat lore?ā€

-Them, probably

It was put there during the war in Ba Sing Se

1 Like