What’s the rp like here?

Am I The Alliance spy peacekeeper…?

(Need to remove myself From that roll as I am mostly on Horde lately)

My god this thread :thread: is wow…

2 Likes

Truth be told: I’ve seen hypocrisy from both sides.

That’s kinda what happens when you have a two-idiot system (horde and alliance).

As for the RP Community Discord? I’d be lying if I said that the channel was fair and unbiased. I’m not saying that it was to the point of being egregious but I will say that there were peacekeepers who had their favorites and more often than not would weight the scales of what is fair based more or less on how much they liked you.

Also, the one thing I was not particularly a fan of was how “there are children who use this channel” was a fallback excuse for some of the censorship and disciplinary actions I’ve seen taken whilst those who were of that age group were posting mature content themselves.

If we’re going to be honest with each other you’re gonna have to start by stopping the lies you tell yourselves.

This is not the days where internet wasn’t even considered a necessity of daily life. We now live in an age where kids are having sex at ages as young as 12 due the open availability of online sexual content and hook-up apps. There’s hardly any way to hold these age groups accountable for their choice of language and behavior online either. So let’s do each other all a favor and drop the “moral decency” act.

What we have here is children trying to act like they’re adults and adults acting like children. It’s true you had a good community going however if you’re incapable of being fair and impartial and incapable of knowing how to separate the “right thing to do” from “the correct course of action”, you’re gonna keep facing these problems and creating much unneeded drama for yourselves and those around you.

… And yeah, this is coming from me. The last person to even be saying this but say what you will about me. I may be and may have been a lot of things but if there’s one thing I am?

It’s fair.

This realm has great potential for being a great roleplaying community and
in the end everyone has to fess up to their fair share of hypocrisy if they want to make improvements and move forward. If not you’ll otherwise find yourselves rehashing the same problems and seeing the same outcomes.

P.S. It goes without saying but I have to say it anyway: People could benefit if others learned how to keep OOC from bleeding IC.

2 Likes

Not even going to dispute that. I for one am one of the most biased peacekeepers in both channels (maybe not the horde one so much since I do not know the horde, so its easier to be semi unbiased.)

Many times though, when I see someone causing issue, that I am friends with or somewhat, I do totally leave the decisions up to the others and stay out.

I tend to get triggered by religious/political things posted and be heavy handed with that-or even lost an entire big RP guild from the channel once due to my inaction against WSB…but the ultamatium I was given by the guild after wsb made me act in favor of wsb, which I wholeheartedly regret.

We are people though, most of time we do try to be as fair as we can, but its very hard when no matter what you do someone gets mad. I do think the appeals, evidence, private channels have helped make better decisions.

I think ED has great potential, I love this server and most of the people on it. Even after the mass abandonment by certain guilds, the realm became closer together. Seeing that was awesome. We may be smaller than we once were, but I still think we got a ton of quality here

((I know your post wasn’t directed at anyone in particular, but since I am a peacekeeper in both channels, and try to be unbiased, I know I am truly very biased and guilty of many of the things you have mentioned. )

I just procure & sell salt, man…

1 Like

Do you sell salt accessories?

1 Like

At present, we at GEARGRIND SALT MINES, LLC offer the following products:
Salty Dog Crackers (Made from REAL Salty Sea Doggos!**)
Deeprock Salt
Saltwater Potion
Saltstone Surcoat
Saltstone Legchains
Saltstone Sabatons
Saltstone Shoulder Pads
Saltstone Gauntlets
Saltstone Girdle
Flaked Sea Salt
Salt & Pepper Shanks
Salty Squid Roll
Salted Venison Jerky
Salt-Scored Cleaver
Rock-Salted Pretzels
Salted Venison
Saltscale Daggers
Sea Salt Java
Salted Yeti Cheese
and last but certainly not least,
Saltwater Taffy

** This claim is unsubstantiated by the FDA

5 Likes

You have restored my faith in this server.

1 Like

I proposed putting a “sh!t-posting” channel just for that. It was shot down, of course, however I feel giving people the option to talk about religion, politics, memes, and all of that other tripe tends to funnel it into one location than having it spread across the other channels.

That way, you know, it’s understood and doesn’t have to be stated that sh!t-posting outside of the sh!t-posting channel will land you immediate disciplinary action.

2 Likes

I can tell you from experience a poop-posting channel can trigger others (myself included) and can cause more issues than it is worth. So for my public discord, I tell them to take that to their personal discord or if their guild has one to use that. Keep the more public discord a bit cleaner. It just not worth having in the public discords and if it gets posted in a public area, and it gets reported, you can lose your discord because it is against their TOS. FYI

1 Like

It will get deleted if the discord is being used for illegal purposes. Discussing sh!t-post topics such as religion, politics, and memes is completely fine by Discord, as long as it isnt illegal and as long as it isnt abusive(discord would revoke the priviliges of the offender that was reported, not the entirity of the discord channel).

Look, you’re responsible for your own feelings and how you deal with them. If something triggers you then you have to learn how to deal with it instead of acting on it. That’s what causes the issues (a lack of self-control and emotional intelligence).

Same goes for me. I don’t have to like something. I can be “triggered” by something but ultimately I choose how far I’m going to run with it. Just because I have an opinion or feel a certain way about something doesn’t grant me the power to strip someone of their right to be an a$$hole.

So agreed with Theon.

I stand by my point: If you give these people an outlet to vent and a place to be a$$holes to their heart’s content you won’t have to worry as much about it spreading to other channels and they’ll most likely be content staying in that channel.

As cold as this sounds, your feelings are irrelevant. It’s the outcome that matters.

2 Likes

LOL jesus…i thought people like you were a meme,…not that you actually exist…

but,…

And you need to grow up…

EDIT: not you cyrik, talking to Ayashe, in agreement with their emotional drivel they spewed

I mean, it’s been my observation that you try to hold kids accountable for their actions and next thing you know, some parent or another is getting on your case for “bullying the children”.

So it’s kinda… darned if you do, and darned if you don’t.

1 Like

oof: grabs cane ahem; Back in my day the Mantra was pvp happened, you either sucked it up or blue flagged in a blue flag zone, or countered with equal numbers (more means you’re zerging and no one wants to be KotE or Packhammer amirite horde). If youre in wm and get hit that’s your fault my dude. Either GitGud or equal up the numbers.

• Hitokiri
    Wrath was /how/ long ago?

So long as it is in a NSFW channel, and what you said is correct. It is when it spills over to the other channels that are not marked as NSFW that discord can have problems with your discord. I should have clarified it a bit and not assumed it was understood about the NSFW channels.

1 Like

Well, I am glad I entertained you. So there is nothing that would trigger you in this world?
As far as growing up. I am an adult who plays video games. Shockingly not everyone in the world likes to see immature memes about stupid stuff. Nor most grown up adults have to accept those immature, knee jerking memes that says look at me world and accept me as an adult. pfft.

You might want to think about what your wrote there buddy. Have a good day and find someway to be kind to your neighbors.

1 Like

You’re on classic, we’re on retail, you’re far from a neighbor :stuck_out_tongue: (I had to pick on you for that XD)

As for the rest of it just keep your cool and keep on going, no need to be triggered. As for @Cyrik I agree with that, bias is part of why this community is in the state it’s in. That and we can’t just let the past stay buried.

1 Like

I had to laugh about it too. I am about 20 years in the past neighbor. :slight_smile:
One thing I will point out, and you know as well, is that we are all different, we all
have different views of the world and how we go about things. Some of us are much older and some are young teens playing a game that we like. It is this game that brings us together in these forums and in many discords. I saw on a different post you have started your own RP discord and I wish you the best of luck. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

No ? I’ve got the intestinal fortitude to deal with something i don’t like, It’s called don’t look at it…or logically debate/inquire about it.

That’s in the real world called “growing up” I don’t have the desire to shut someone else out because i don’t like what they’ve created or shared (unless it’s logically provable that the information they’re sharing imposes restrictions on freedom of expression LIKE WHAT YOU’RE SAYING and/or IMPLYING)
Emotional appeals are juvenile at best, Authoritarian at worst.

Learn to deal with your personal problems.

I hate that your parents did a terrible job teaching you how to deal with conflicting opinions. I still can’t stand some of the posters here and what they say, but…I hope they say it anyways so they can show themselves for the fools that they are, OR, be able to have ideas argued in an open forum where the best ideas will rise to the top based on merit of value.

1 Like

Wowsers… Where to start…

Redwood is awesome. When I came to this server they were super welcoming and held a ton of open events for anyone. Every other guild did rp almost exclusively for their own people. It was extremely hard to get into rp before I met them. I have yet to meet a single one of them I haven’t liked.

Did they go play some classic? 90% of retail did for a while. To pretend that they don’t contribute at all or at least as much as anyone else though? Laughable.

As for excluding people. I played a lot with them and they are super welcoming. Anyone who gets excluded I have zero doubt 100% deserved it.

6 Likes