What rare characters do you enjoy seeing in RP?

This whole topic is just for just for fun. What kind of characters do you want to see more of or feel are underrepresented in RP?

The past week or so I’ve been hanging around Moonguard on a throwaway alt just observing the RP scene in Stormwind and a couple of things have stuck me as surprising.

I’ve not seen a single Male Draenei or Gnome. Not one. Is there not alot of love for the superman bod or the wise cracking short folk? I think I’ve seen more Demon Hunters and Paladins than anything else.

Demon hunters and paladins are prevalent in SW, almost as much as rogues or druids… but this depends on the area you visit.

Gnomes aren’t so popular (especially the fellas) because it’s difficult for people to get into something that looks like Elmer Fudd, and more often than not, you will find draenei women with the tag (not icly a female, actually a male) in their profile, because most don’t want a ‘superman balloon animal’ body.

Even though personally I love the new customizations the male’s got… wtb draenei druids blizz!

Yet… something I like to see, are original character ideas that have found a way to ‘make sense’.

ie: having someone play a gnoll as a miniaturized worgen, or someone playing a dragon that isn’t DW’s secret lovechild… if it works, and it’s original that isn’t just ‘I am a paladin of the light, and human!’ Than I’m all about that.

…but… they’re rare.

Pandaren rarely see any when walking through SW.

1 Like

Clothies who understand the concept of wearing some form of armor or reinforcing their robes if they believe they may be involved in a combat situation. Magic doesn’t solve everything and there exists a myriad of people and creatures who know how to dispell a barrier.

1 Like

My sword for a body scale feature!

1 Like

im the rarest rp character

you pull me on a gacha banner and the president of the united states calls you poggers live on tv

• Death Knight/Demon Hunter Characters
The classes are in my top 5 favorite classes, but it’s somewhat difficult to make them work without the edge factor that’s inherently built into their class identity. Seeing one with a well thought out and interesting character always makes me jelly I couldn’t get mine off the ground due to me not liking it.

• Military Characters with PTSD Portrayed More Realistically
The small amount who list it as a quirk or mention it without showing the effects that linger in an individual is pretty low, so the small number do show some kind of activity in interactions (ie. curling fingers for a sudden shout, self-destructive behaviors, irritability at a reminder, etc.) do put a smile on my face.

• Male Draenei/Gnomes/Vanilla Trolls | Mechagnomes in General
Your service is valuable and will be remembered. I will buy all of you a beer some day.

2 Likes

look, fat
i never said that
check my aviators im the cool grandpa
my dogs gonna bite you

this is my new leader rp am i doing it right
y/n

what :question:

Tanari / South Sea Pirates.
The more positive attitude Death Knights and Demon Hunters.
People who RP “NPC” vendor/cook/etc players.
Individuals who speak multiple languages.
sm0lbean and t0l characters.
People who take the time to play the Storyteller/ Dungeon Master in an event.

1 Like
  • Dwarves

• Modest paladins

• Non-gimmicky Pandaren (to be fair, this may not be possible)

• Night Elves who adhere to basic lore (e.g. not being born on Teldrassil or acting like human teenagers)

7 Likes

Male draenei who aren’t joke characters

Curious. What do you mean by gimmicky? (Serious question, as I am considering bringing my Pandaren to MG)

You should!
Not sure what the person you’ve quoted is referencing but anything apart from offensive ethnic stereotypes should be fine. The Pandaren, just like other in game races, can be a diverse bunch.

2 Likes

I stan non-combat oriented characters and commonfolk class-types.
:construction_worker_man: :woman_artist: :man_judge: :woman_teacher: :man_cook: :woman_farmer: :man_dancing: :dancer: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

10 Likes

I like seeing non-playable race characters done in RP, especially when performed with things like Prisms. Ogres, Mogu, Arakkoa, Vrykul. They all have such fascinating and unexplored roleplay possibilities.

3 Likes

Gnomes. Especially those that aren’t joke characters.

2 Likes

By “gimmicky” I meant joke characters and low-effort ethnic parodies.

2 Likes

Gosh, I remember the outcry over the Tanari guild years back, over on WrA. So much rage over that group. But I do miss seeing things like that, canon or not, because they were fun and got people involved in RP.

As for sm0lbean characters, I am here. Speaking demonic.

Why did people get upset over that? It sounds like a pretty great idea for a guild. Were they OOCly dramatic, or something?