What races/allied races do you want added?

I want Harpies. Before you say; but what about mounts? They don’t need them they can fly/hover. What about armor?! They have battle bikinis they don’t need it. They are an all female race! I know, I see no problems there either.

1 Like

Taunka or bust

1 Like

tortollan mage blinking around blasting out spells would be the dream

2 Likes

Sethrak, Saberon, Vykrul, Ice Troll…maybe a few others

1 Like

Pretty much everything.

Naga, Vrykul, Night Elven Worgen, Broken, Man’ari, Mok’nathal, Ogres, San’layn and so on…

We really should have a dedicated team to character customization. Characters appearances, races, classes, maybe even class visuals and so on. Stuff like that goes over really well with players. There’s so much we should already have available to us that we do not and it sucks.

1 Like

Alliance: High Elves, Wildhammer Dwarves

Both: Tuskarr

Horde: Forrest Trolls and Blackrock Orcs

I think we have enough races/allied races now, but if we absolutely had to make a choice…

For Alliance
The Saberons - from old Dreanor, turns out they were once a humanoid race taken over by a curse similar to the Worgens. Their minds restored by Elven Druids in a similar way, they can no longer turn back to their original form but they become an ally to the Alliance.
Sethrak - Not from old Dreanor but from Outlands, restored to their original form and allowed to return to the sky.
Pictsies - a brand new race (unless you’ve read Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series, then they’re not so new), similar to Gnomes but half the size and not so cuddly

For Horde
The Farondan Ghosts from the Broken Isles, cousins of sorts to the Forsaken
The Ogri’la Ogres from Outlands. You want Ogres? They’re the only ones with one head who don’t have pudding for brains
The Centaur - the former ancient enemies of the Tauren, tired of the fight and given the chance to grow

We have no need for more Allied Races at this point. What Blizzard needs to focus on is the promised heritage armor that has never been completed, more racial customization, and expanding classes available to existing races. Do that and the player base will be much more happy than if you slap in a few more allied races.

I have been wait for playable Murlocs since BC back in the day. We have a way in now it’s just up to Blizzard to give us our fishy friends.

1 Like

I don’t know why she would do that, after all she personally sacrfised herself to save of what remained of the Blood elves on Wc3

Alliance:

1. Maldraxxi Skeletons
  2. Sethrak
  3. Sylvari
  4. Kyrian
  5. Ankoan
  6. Jinyu
  7. Broken

Horde:

1. Venthyr
  2. Kelfin
  3. Naga
  4. Mogu
  5. Ogres
  6. Forest Trolls
  7. Arakkoa
1 Like

Cenarions (Keepers & Dryads) for Alliance and Ogres (including 2 headed ones) for Horde :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m not interested in any more playable races being added to the game and would have preferred for most allied races to have just been customization options for existing races.

In Order

1. San’layn - my first choice, and this would actually bring me back to the game I’ve otherwise left behind, possibly for good. These very specifically are the vampire race I would like added into the game based on aesthetics and lore. I am not interested in any Shadowlands races at all, would not play them, and do not like their lore.
  2. Saurok - Second favorite on this list, just because I really do like the idea of lizardmen, but also I feel like they have HUGE lore potential based on their origin, and they could rise up to the occasion very nicely.
  3. Sethrak - Very very close third, though, with Saurok. I adore Sethrak and think they have a unique look, as well as neat lore.
  4. Mantid - Not sure how these folks would work based on lore. But I’d play one if they somehow broke off of the hivemind issue! For sure.
  5. Arakkoa - The high arakkoa, particularly, I think they’re very neat. Plus, perhaps they could have a flying/glide racial?
  6. Ethereals - Not sure if I would play, but I will give it a most likely.

^ This ends the races I would actually roll a toon for. Now for those I would not play, however do support wholeheartedly.

1. Ogres - Many of my friends would like playable ogres, and they are long overdo.
  2. Broken - Same reasoning as the Ogres.
  3. Taunka - Same reason as the above 2.
  4. Vry’kul - Really neat lore, not to mention Legion allows for some elbow room with these folks.
  5. Ankoan - Or the fish people in general, would be neat, I know I have seen some on the Alliance speculate for them.
  6. Nerubian - Unique race, actuallly… I might (?) roll one, but I don’t know. Highly debatable.

As for the ‘earning them’ debacle, at one point I was very against reworking it simply because I figured unique things like /dance and jokes or whatever would be removed, but… if they keep all that, and just rework ‘allied races’ into subraces, I think it would be a very good thing.

Unpopular opinion: Ditch game mechanic racials for cosmetic racials, we could have more ‘allied/sub’ races then, most likely. If we have to keep the current ARs, fine, but I would be fine sacrificing ‘combat advantage’ for them to be ‘sub races’.

Double points if additional subraces got unique jokes/flirts/dances as well. I still think we should get additional /emotes and dances we could earn, personally. I played the game for collection and cosmetics. I’m just expressing what I’d personally like to see, and frankly I care far more about these matters than gameplay. Sure, gameplay needs to be improved, but I don’t agree with “that should be the only focus, abandon lore & cosmetics”. In my opinion, the focus on appeasing esports/hardcore players is why Shadowlands is terrible (to me) in the first place, along with the absolutely horrible lore (again, personal opinion.)

2 Likes

I think the horde needs something cosmic like ethereals or demons.

Allied races: none. They should never have been created in the first place.

New races: Something new. Something imaginative and not just an ugly thing like an Ogre or a Naga.

Otherwise, just give us a lot of imaginative customizations. That’s the way it should have been done for Orcs. We asked for darker non-green orcs for years and they answered that with Mag’har.

Gimme arakkoa and I might main a shadow priest.

2 Likes

I don’t want new races. I want more current races to have the option of choosing druid.

Arakkoa should be a boomkin glyph.

I will continue to advocate for a completely new bunny like race for the Alliance.
If not that then at least Sethrak.

Horde could get ogres then just to balance it out.