What race do you NEED to play and why do you choose it?

Dwarves for the most part, but I’m really loving the Pandaren atm. I chose Dwarf because of the LOTR-type dwarves – seeking adventure, like to eat and drink. Two things I closely associate with, until the dark times… until marriage… and children…

Human female, it feels wrong to play something else at this point for me. I love the cast animations and like the flapping arms when they jump all derpy

I just wish they hadn’t changed the holy light cast animation

I’m down-voting you right now. In my mind!

1 Like

I play a Demon Hunter. I like Alliance. So…

1 Like

Orcs!! Specifically, orc warriors. They just look and feel amazing to play. Especially now with the upright option.

Ethereals more so than Saberon, but both regardless. They look amazing, and personally nothing available right now compares. None of the current races are magically enough like Ethereals are, and none of the animal races are a normal size while also being “slim” like Saberon are.

Are you calling us fat sir?

Not so much fat, but specifically male Worgen are just too bulky and I hate bulky builds plus I don’t really like them being bent over. Female worgen are perfect, and I personally do have a female worgen. I just would like to be able to play a male character that I can be pleased with. I even have a female pandaren because, in all honesty, male pandaren are fat.

1 Like

I NEED to play Worgen… but I can’t because Worgen can’t be Shaman.

It’s a rough world in Azeroth.

1 Like

I can respect that, I’ve thought on occasion of playing a male character, but I agree, I really don’t care for the overly bulky form and ‘tree trunk arms’ almost every non-elf or small race males have.

I honestly think having a childhood fantasy game like Zelda influenced my decision pretty easily. I’ve always associated Elves to be like - just slightly above what humans are, so they came off as divine at my young age.

Crazy that after actually becoming an elf, I realized that little me was right this whoooooole time :heart_eyes:

As a side effect of my undiagnosed “Napoleon Complex”, more than half of my characters are Tauren.

Vulpera. The moment I saw them unveiled at blizzcon I turned to my wife and said “that’s going to be a playable race and I’m going to play it.”

1 Like

Wish we had no race/class limits. Some races I don’t play so much because they don’t have the classes I like. Lightforged monk, goblin monk, mechagnome/gnome shaman.

Hmm, well for me, it has to be the saberon, the saurok are a close second. Other than that, I don’t care what races we get. Now as to why I want a saberon race, it’s not because I’m a cat person, because truth be told I prefer dogs… But I’ve always liked savage cat monsters, ever since I was a kid. Then playing ESO and making my own guild of savage cat people only strengthened that, however if Saberon WERE to become an allied race, then they’d need a major update, along with female models. That, and instead of pulling something like they did with the Velves, I’d love to see Blizzard give us some real lore behind them, because I think that could open up even more possibilities for races, and even stories in WoW in the long run!

1 Like

Orcs.

Because we are the whole bloody reason this franchise exists

1 Like

Goblins for me.
I will be honest and say that i don’t like horde aesthetic and faction at all. I am an alliance fanboy since forever. But goblins are my favourite race and for that reason i play horde sometime and can see their side of the coin in the story which i admit is nice.
Goblin are the best green skins on azeroth :slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of medieval fantasy and I like the idea of being a knight in plate armor. A lot of the time, Horde races don’t really let you look like a knight of some sort due to hunches, lack of shoes, massive shoulderpads, or tusks.

Blood Elves are cool because a lot of armor sets at least look semi-normal. Though I do wish they’d change this weird standing animation Blood Elves have.

Night Elves are probably the race I have most characters with. I was a pretty big fan of them initially, with the amazonian vibes and some aspects of their history. To an extent I still like them lorewise but recent developments tend to make it slowly but exponentially harder to care; but I digress.

I also quite like how the women look, especially the combat animations; many of which I think are some of the best in game.

Frankly I’m not sure if I’d say I absolutely need to play nelves. It’s not like I’d abandon all of my other characters if nelves could be every class I play. They are certainly a favorite however, and a long standing one at that.

Human, but I’m Horde :frowning: