What might happen to Sylvanas at the end of Shadowlands

I do feel hypocritical when I want Sylvanas punished for her evil acts but not the Horde as a whole. I justify it as throwing one character under the bus to save the entire faction. WoW can exist fine without Sylvanas, but would probably fall off a cliff and die if the entire Horde

1. were logically exterminated off the face of the planet by the Alliance
  2. existed only to kiss the dirt off the Alliance’s feet and beg for forgiveness
  3. reformed their culture to the point that they literally had no values in difference with the Alliance

I’d honestly prefer just (illogically) scapegoating only Sylvanas and a couple of her direct servants; or the Horde just fully embracing being a totally evil faction. I want to point out that I hate every single one of these choices, but I’m not the one who painted the narrative into this corner.

7 Likes

I mean look at the people making these assumptions. Not people who’s opinion I care about anyway :laughing:

At least you are honest about it.

I see where you are coming from. It is easier to scapegoat Sylvanas with all the Horde’s sins and push her into a black hole, so we actually don’t have to examine what’s actually wrong with the Horde in the first place, which Sylvanas actually exposed in BFA.

But between you and me that just sounds like what an ostrich would do. Just stick your head in the sand and ignore all the bad.

We have to face the bad parts of the Horde eventually. Sylvanas fans are just like rip that bandaid off “Let’s go!” Here’s my laundry list on how the Horde sucks… it’s alphabetized!

A is for Anduin
B is for Baine
C is for Capitalism/Communism…

…you get the idea.

2 Likes

Anduin shouldn’t reasonably be a reason the Horde is bad, but unfortunately he’s become so unreasonably good that anyone and everyone who don’t fall in line behind him become BAD just by default.

Golden said something along the lines that she wanted to make him this way as an opposite of Garrosh’s ‘Toxic Masculinity’ (which sadly seems to have spread into ‘Toxic Orcishness’) but she went too far IMO- or maybe when Garrosh died, there was no longer someone to balance Anduin correctly? At this point she’s merely made Anduin ‘Toxic Good’. I still do really like her earlier Warcraft work and her Ravenloft novels.

6 Likes

D is for "Don’t ever leave all authority in the hands of the Supreme Dictator For Life who every individual swears blood loyalty to so that disagreeing with them requires an entire arch instead of just going, ‘nah I’m actually going over here with my troops peace’ and if you do that, don’t try to sell it to us as THE FREEDOM FACTION.’

Ahem.

3 Likes

Her saying that orcs are inherently toxic is bull. I hated the Horde civil war because it was like human good evil woman bad. But what Sylvanas wanted fir the Horde wasn’t “bad” that’s why she had Loyalists. What Saurfang wanted was a Horde that looked like Alliance 2.0 what Sylvanas wanted was a authentic Horde that imbraced it’s terrible past but didn’t throw it all away like Thrall wanted to do.

We all know Thrall’s crisis “Am I an orc? Am I a human?” At times In BFA Sylvanas was more “orc” than most of the orc cast and that was seen as a negative to everyone but the Mag’har (the OG orcs)

That’s what I want her to be right about: the Horde doesn’t need to be a smacked dog with it’s tail between it’s legs atoning for it’s past sins of be on an Alliance leash. It just doesn’t need to make the same mistakes and maybe be a little more critical of itself from time to time.

2 Likes

That’s what I want too- but I can’t bring myself to believe that that’s something Sylvanas herself ever actually wanted. I can imagine her saying it as a manipulation tactic, but not meaning it. The character (and much worse, her writers!) have lied so much at this point that nothing she says or the writers say about her deserves to be taken on faith.

“It’s not easy being green.” Is Thrall a Man, or is he a Muppet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTjksM3YAs

5 Likes

I felt that let down as a loyalist in the Loyalist finale, and all through Shadowlands so I feel you. I’m hoping it was all creative disputes between Afrasabi and Danuser but who knows, I’m gonna wait and see what returning to Azeroth brings, if anything.

Plus, Sylvanas is the only thing standing between us and Ikaar’s vision of WoW. Someone has to keep the Alliance weirdos in thier place.

1 Like

No one here cares about your disgusting fantasies.

6 Likes

I want the game to be improved by moving on from the faction war…in a way that doesn’t have the Alliance come off as absolute pushovers and the Horde to be actually punished.

But you also want :sparkles: genocide :sparkles:

And if your fellow Alliance fans have established one thing here it’s “genocide is bad, shame on you! You toxic, immoral despot!”

Ikaar and Akiyass: “the answer to genocide is more genocide.”

(Equal opportunity genocide? I don’t imagine the UN would let anyone argue on behalf of this.)

Where is Zair, Smollz and others calling you out for being a genocide apologist Ikaar?

3 Likes

At least he never said Keristrasza deserved what Malygos did to her, like a GD regular did.

The difference is it’s against the Horde, so it’s ok.

No the Alliance fans believes it’s immoral to commit genocide against innocent people, we mow down the Legion and Void because they are monsters, just like the Horde.

So you are saying the Horde is not inherenrly innocent but the Alliance is?

Orc, troll, tauren, goblin, vulpera, elven babies are all born evil?

Generally speaking? Yes.

99% of them? Yes, and if not born then turn evil regardless of circumstance.

No

Big maybe

well I mean, not so much evil as completely amoral in an animal sense, since I remember a lore passage that said Vulpera babies kill their siblings for a better chance of their own survival the same way an animal IRL might.

Actually you know what, yes, Vulpera babies are born evil since they are a sentient species unlike RL animals. I mean, if Human babies killed other babies when they had to share a crib I think society would generally accept that babies are just evil.

Na if I’m being honest Elves are one of the least evil races in Wow since they generally want to be left alone.

One vulpera child killed another in Folks and Fairytales. That’s it. Wowpedia said that that was how Vulpera children always acted, but that was removed.

1 Like

And this ladies and gentlemen, is ikaar, do not act like this disgusting individual.

Answering a genocide with more genocide is the epitome of low IQ effort. No wonder no one takes you seriously

2 Likes

picks up month old vulpera kit and cradles it

Vulpera kit (in James Earl Jones’ voice): BLOOD. DEATH. PAIN. THE OBSCENITY OF EXISTANCE MUST ROT AND FALL. GIVE YOUR YOURSELF UP TO THE BEAUTY OF WRETCHED NOTHINGNESS. ALL HOPE ENDS; ALL DREAMS DIE SCREAMING IN HORROR. AND I WILL DRINK THE SWEET NECTAR OF ALL THE WORLD’S TEARS OF DESPAIR AND GLOAT.

3 Likes

Gee excuse me for wanting the Alliance to have some teeth and prove they aren’t just the horde’s punching bag.

Maybe answering genocide with genocide is truly the only way to end the faction war, to make the Horde leader’s go,“Huh, they actually will respond in kind, we better stop”

It’s a terrible idea and you’re a terrible human being

1 Like