What might happen to Sylvanas at the end of Shadowlands

I recently came up with theory about Sylvanas’ ultimate fate while watching a Shadowlands lore video.

There is a new afterlife being made in the Forge of Afterlives. I may despise Sylvanas myself, but I know she’s got a large and/or vocal fandom that includes some of the devs, so I don’t think she’s going to cease to exist at the end of the expansion.

My theory is that the new afterlife being made in the forge will be sent into the Shadowlands… and Sylvanas will be in charge of it. No “Arbiter Sylvanas”, but she’ll be a peer of the other Eternal Ones like Kyrestia and the Primus. She’ll probably bring Nathanos along too somehow as a favored ally/servant/lover/whatever, as the Raynor to her Kerrigan.

Thoughts?

1 Like

It’s certainly a distinct possibility. For me, I wouldn’t be mad at that. And Nathanos being her Soulbind is just icing on the cake :smiley:

What will this afterlive be for?

No idea, but I don’t think it’d be unpleasant if the writers make it Sylvanas’ final destination.

1 Like

Quite undeserved if you consider that all of her victims were sent to the maw and obliterated
Why should she get rewarded even more?

5 Likes

He never said she deserved it. It’s just his theory.

2 Likes

If she has to live, I wouldn’t mind her being cursed to wander the Maw, in search of Nathanos for all eternity, only to never find him as the Jailer vaporized his soul.

That way, she lives for the pro-Sylvanas crowd, but for the anti-Sylvanas crowd… well a fate worse than death (to some).

8 Likes

One way to solve this is mana bomb Orgrimmar hard. Also throw in thunder bluff for good measure.

4 Likes

I don’t want to shift focus from your thread. This is the only active Sylvanas thread currently. Speculation is great.

I just am so anxious for the novel to come out soon that I really don’t care what happens in Shadowlands or the future of her character. I only care about what we learn about her from this novel and how it may change everything we know about her.

Only 2-3 more months to wait >.<

4 Likes

My biggest hope is much like yours. That it puts things in a better perspective and we get a better understanding of why she did the things she did before she got the other half of her soul back.

2 months seems sooo long though

1 Like

I hope Christie will drop some sneak peeks soon like Roux did.

We’ve waited this long…

I’m interested in the romance part, because they will obviously setting up a lot of groundwork for Sylvanas and Nathanos’s relationship if she’s going to spend a couple expansions looking for him.

Then there’s sister drama plus her life before death.

I’m excited for all of it.

I’m really hoping they explore what she told Anduin about her life and what and wanted to change so badly, if that leads to her getting her own perfect afterlife than so be it.

2 Likes

So… you are eagerly awaiting the newest rewrite that is supposed to put a bandaid fix on all the insanities we have seen regarding Sylvanas since Legion?

2 Likes

Ugh… yeah… how else is the story gonna get better than the steaming pile of garbage they gave us?

I have no interest in Afrasabi’s “she was a villian all along” canon divergence.

“She planned the Wrathgate.” I was willing to entertain this idea for a bit, because it was interesting. I thought they could have made Sylvanas a really good villian. But just like everyone I was let down by the “I will never serve!” In the final hour… like… girl, what were you doing for two expansions, possibly since cata, if not serving him?!

5 Likes

When I read a novel or consume a story from whatever source I like to know there was a masterplan.

That way all the hints and clues and foreshadowing actually makes the time investement worth it.

This book is a fruit from a poisoned tree. They F’d up. There was no plan, they just made it up as they went and made no effort. Now they are calling in the janitor to clean it up the mess they made.

Even if they brought in Brandon Sanderson to make sense of all this I would not respect it. And its Golden and I am still recovering from reading her Arthas book last week.
Good god.

Anyway thats just me. I wish I could be more positive but its just… nope cant do it.

3 Likes

I feel the same as you. I live off speculation and Shadowlands (and everything since Legion) has been driving me nuts because the plot threads are going no where. They all just stopped.

So infuriating!

If the novel can do anything, it’s just give me scraps to live off of about who she was prior to death and that’s good enough for me. If it all goes bottom up then at least I’ll have this.

1 Like

So when you read this will you be reading this as

“Oh wow the secrets finally revealed!!!”

Or rather

“Really, so this is how you’re going to spin this?”

I’ll be reading it like neither of those two. I think those are both very good viewpoints. I think others will read it like that, which is valid the way her story has had twists and turns.

I’ll just be happy to read it. I doubt there is anything new I’d read about her that I had not already considered in various headcanons, and fanfics.

I’m curious to see if how I invision her is the same as how Golden invisions her. It may only change my opinion on her slightly if she donsn’t match my headcanon but I think that’s pretty normal. There’s not much they can really change her to make her unlikeable to me. I still liked her at her absolute worst.

2 Likes

Alright but the thing that pisses me off is they engineered you to buy this book.

It shouldn’t be something we support.
Danuser was basically put in charge to increase and expand these ancilliary story products. Why should he tell a complete coherent story when he can just keep selling you books to explain 1 story?

I remember a rant by some guy and he pointed out something that stood out to me. How many books are we supposed to read to actually understand the story?

1 Like

I’ve wanted this book since 2008 when I first started playing World of Warcraft and saw Sylvanas as the mysterious Night Elf leader of the Forsaken…

…I engineered myself to buy this book, Danuser had nothing to do with it really.

3 Likes

What if they showed it in the game? Like through a caverns of time content?

1 Like