What limitations for Addons?

The point is the fact that you can actually write and use addons in the game, means BLIZZARD MADE IT POSSIBLE. They made the game that way! Holy crap.

1 Like

Addons will provide only authenticity to people who used the same addons before. (and even that should be argueable)
“people who write addons” will destroy authenticity by wanting to provide anything beyond that.

And killing addon communication will prevent Vanilla addons from being recreated…

You are a troll not a Tauren.

3 Likes

The add-on could communicate without using text at all, it broadcast signals that other players with that add-on could pick up with no visible communication.

That allowed everyone to see every group created with the add-on automatically without parsing it from a chat log.

That is the functionality that will be limited.

Parsing parties from a chat log will still be functional and so will global chat channels.

Well, it won’t be a list of things such that you can game.it wouldn’t be binding nor stop other attemps to push their limits.

Just letting you know that you have a habit of attacking people instead of trying to understand their positions :slight_smile:

I don’t care what the side-effects are; if you’re that desperate for your RP addon at the cost of Classic authenticity maybe it’s for the best.

inb4 “buh they had addons in vanilla” - That doesn’t mean that addons today can’t essentially port Retail to Classic.

It’s hard to write software if someone disables half the language and doesn’t tell you about it.

What you do not seem to understand is that Blizzard has only two choice, either contain the damage some addons will do to this experiment or go the easy way by turning it off. The more people cry and complain both ways the more likely is it that they take the easy way out. Its not that hard to grasp.

Good…you don’t need all that stuff to rp. Me rping since 1974.

I thought this was a “museum piece” not an experiment.

1 Like

though i disagree with you on alot of things i see no harm in asking for what specific api changes they are making for addon devs to know what is changing. if , however, youre doing it to make an addon with the intent to skirt the “spirit of classic” i would say thats bad.

Da Retayl iz dat whay mon! >>>>>>>>

Then people go back to pservers where a more genuine vanilla addon experience is still very much in tact. Blizz is trying to attract the pserver audience, not lose it.

Given that’s a ridiculous jump that only the trolls are claiming, how about we go with the former.

1 Like

You’re right, that’s only a position trolls would ta- looks at the latest blue post

aye im just saying if it were indeed that it would be bad.

youre just asking to know the “language” to make the addons we all enjoy.

Can’t it be both? :wink:

1 Like

The claim I’m trying to subvert the spirit of classic by asking what they intend to limit?

Yep, clueless or a troll.

4 Likes

Where does that refer to you? You’re honestly the biggest blemish on this forum sometimes.

you guys are assuming the worst and not even seeing what eloraell is saying.

come on guys we are better than this.

1 Like