What level do you start enjoying your alts?

Title.

It might be level 1 for some, level 80 for others and somewhere in between for the rest of us.

For me, it’s around lvl 40.

I’m off to Tanaris @ level 42 which happens to be my favourite classic zone, it’s a big wide open zone with nothing like unclimbable slopes to hinder you. It’s just a thing of beauty, plus;

Classes seem to have a good portion of their toolkit by level 40.

And there’s some good low level PvP to be had in tanaris too,

Also ZF is right there, so it’s so easy to get groups.

Idk, what do you think?

4 Likes

I tend to enjoy alts in random spurts, no correlation to level though. Whenever I’m feeling the mmo itch to actually quest and stuff it’s fun.

That being said, I love Westfall. It’s so charming to me, and I remember doing Westfall on my very first character every in Vanilla. Just something about it.

3 Likes

Whenever I hit Redridge…

WotLK-C : 79
TBC-C: 69
Vanilla: 59

2 Likes

Max level. I feel like classic has a terrible leveling experience.

5 Likes

80 ;p
AV is pretty good xp though.

I really hate all the vehicle quests in Wrath.

1 Like

As long as I’m able to do frequent dungeon runs in between questing I enjoy leveling at all levels. If I’m not able to get groups and have to level by questing solo it’s no fun. For me that’s the whole reason I want rdf

7 Likes

Yes, leveling without RDF is not fun. The fun in this game is in group content and there is no group content below 80 without RDF. Single player game = no fun.

13 Likes

Only at level 80.

1 Like

I think they’re the most fun in the really early levels. You’re getting new skills often, new upgrades often as well, and still learning the class. Once you get to like 30+ it really starts to become a grind.

1 then get bored around 30ish until they cap

Damn really? I’m the opposite I think.

I find 1-30, we’ll maybe 1-20 so tedious

You often have next to no abilities, casters have to constantly drink even more so than usual and there’s no real capacity to take mobs on more than 1v1

Depends on the class.

Druid was around 20 when I got cat form.

Hunter was level 1 onward.

Priest ……. not sure … (currently 73 and feels like a slog).

Warlock … around 30’ish.

Paladin … was around 50-60’ish.

Mage … 60 or thereabouts.

DK … 80.

Rogue … was fun leveling for PvP. (Sitting at 60)

Shaman … haven’t started one yet, so TBD.

Warrior … same as shaman.

I think I hit all the classes.

i enjoy all levels
tanaris into ungoro is one of my favorite times though

i really enjoy playing massively overpowered sub-20 toons, and then i enjoy 40-55. 56-70 is AIDS for me.

I hate 1-20. Once I get to 20 and i’m still playing a class chances are they’ll make it to max level.

i dont, without rdf i dont bother to run any alts anymore. just my main on maladath these days.

5 Likes

keep trying, you’re missing out by refusing to play because no RDF

There are still many groups across all levels of play to run some dungeons with

I play Skyfury which isn’t a huge server and I’ve had no really issues getting groups on my shaman for VC, Stocks, the SM dungeons and now working through ZF

It’s going great so far, granted since I’m oce most dungeon groups are on US prime time and very few later night OCE times but it’s been working well

40 is when most classes start to get their iconic talents/abilities that really set them apart. Before 30 most specs feel exactly the same

no, im not, on maladath lfg is pretty much dead unless its primetime EST and then the group formers are only taking known folks. new folks to server are left out and when you do get a run they are loot lockin or requiring gold to run the dungeon. ive given up on lfg and alts. just playing my main and soon to be doing nothing but raid logging like alot of the 80s seem to be doing already.

4 Likes