What keyboard do you use for WoW etc

Tons of great keyboards so far! I can’t believe I didn’t mention using a mouse at all in my first post. I personally use the Logitech MX518. Has a few extra buttons but nothing crazy.

Lots of keyboards with lights being posted I noticed.
Do people play with lights low or off? I always get terrible eye strain if I do that. I’ve never had a backlit keyboard before.

Heh, answered my question before I even finished typing it.

G15.
the stupid Prt Scr button decided to jam for no particular reason a couple of days ago.
it took 32 screenshots before i was able to pop the key up :grin:

1 Like

I have a desk lamp on behind me with the main room light off, but I have used backlit keyboards for years.

1 Like

Its not cheap, most I have ever spent on a keyboard, but I will never go back!

Logitech G915 LIGHTSPEED Wireless RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

See not a fan of wireless keyboard or mouse on my gaming computer, the delay with wireless drives me nuts.

currently using a razer huntsman tournament edition with some SA profile keycaps:

my main keyboard is a hall effect that im gonna rebuild the frame on.

Logitech K740 at home and a K350 at work. Prefer the 740 for playing.

Sort of related, but has anyone tried out the Ergodox EZ for WoW? It seems like it would be good since you can have multiple sets of bindings and can potentially use all modifiers with the thumb rather than the pinky. Right now I use caps lock as ctrl which gives me three reasonable modifiers, but I think it would be better to use my thumb for modifiers since it is a much stronger finger and doesn’t affect the other fingers as much when it moves.

Why do you need a keyboard lol?

You can just click on all your spells and just use the on-screen keyboard to type things out

Lol, that would drive me insane in about 10 seconds.
Not to mention it would kill my WPS typed.

how would you turn ? clicking WASD would be slower than mouse turning much less turning properly.

I normally get our priest to grip me so I’m facing the right way

1 Like

Razer chroma with razer left handed mouse, wish other companies would make stuff for us lefties, i hate having to use a generic ampidexterous mouse

That’s awesome! I used to play on the Logitech Elite Keyboard which looked similar but in black. Currently rocking a Corsair K70 RGB Low Profile. I tried a few newer keyboards but ended up returning them and going back to the K70. The Low Profile and it being quiet fits my style.

I’m a huge fan of corsair keyboards, because they have that lowered key bed and it makes it soooooooo easy to clean between and under the keys.

when you live with a mastiff, that’s pretty important.

I love the G510 for use of extra keys on left of the board…I am female gamer with very small hands so trying to use those big gaming mice with tons of buttons doesn’t work for me cause it too big for me to control…I still using my original G510 I just hope it never breaks down cause they don’t make them anymore and reworked one is over $300 dollars now…with new ones costing over $500 in some places.

1 Like

Heck im using a dell keyboard i picked up for like a dollar at a thrift store.

Yeah the G keys are nice to have for sure. I’m in the same boat where I don’t like to switch up anything when it works well for me.

The prices are pretty crazy now for keyboards and a mouse so I’m with you there. My keyboard seems to still be going strong after all these years so I hope it keeps on keeping on lol.

Think I paid $100 for this keyboard years ago and at the time seemed pretty expensive, and now they can be up to $800! /boggle :smiley:

I paid $98 for mine back during mid LK time frame…as you I thought it was a big high to do but glad I did it back then. Yeah my jaw dropped last year when I looked up to buy new G510 as a back up board only to find brand new ones were well over $500 or more brand new…

1 Like

I use a Red Dragon mechanical keyboard. It’s a low-end mechanical keyboard, afaik. I like it. Took me a while to get used to both the action and the raised profile of the keys (I don’t have large hands) .

I’ve only cleaned it once in one year, but next time i do (should be soon) i can just pop off the keys and wash everything or maybe just replace? who knows. One of my least favorite things with kbm gaming is when you press a key and nothing happens, and with regular keyboards, there’s always the chance that the key might be stuck or something. No such guesswork with a mechanical keyboard.