What keyboard do you use for WoW etc

I’m still rocking an old Logitech keyboard with built in volume and video playback shortcuts.
Here’s a picture of one, but not mine:
Imgur

I’ve had it for forever but I think it’s time to replace it. Been using it almost as long as I’ve been playing WoW. That was also the only picture of one I could find on the entire internet…

So, what do you folks use and/or recommend?

i have a das keyboard, i don’t know the model, but it’s got cherry mx brown switches and they are perfect for me

I have a razer blackwidow mechanical keyboard and a logitech g600 mouse. I use a xbox one s controller for any not mmo or fps games.

I still miss having volume right on the keyboard, but went with the standard mechanical keyboard from iBuyPower, the last time I ordered from them. Then again, the backlight on my 7 went out, and I haven’t been motivated enough to figure out how to replace it, since the key still works. :man_shrugging:

Logitech G213 Keyboard and a G600 for my mouse

I use a Logitech G510 keyboard that is no longer made and I tried for a replacement one I am looking at price of $200 for Renewed, I got one I use now for $98…seen some news one listed for over $500 plus last year. What I hate is not Blizzard won’t allow real time game stats in LCD screen for my character when they are in game…Blizzard blocked some claim it was a 3rd party script or something like that…all it did was give me my stats of my character in game that is all.

2 Likes

Razer black widow ultimate STEALTH edition.
Great responsiveness and it’s quiet asf unlike most other mechanic keyboards

I have an MSI laptop and Redragon mouse, and I just use the laptop keyboard. Before now, I always used a Mac and just used the standard Mac keyboard. I never used a gaming keyboard or anything special.

G910 from Logitech, backlit, multicolour and mechanical. what more could you ask for ?

1 Like

An aging Mac keyboard for my PC because it is compact and silent which does a lot to help my gaming rep with my wife. Figuring out the equivalent to Numlock and so forth has been interesting.

2 Likes

razer cynosa chroma or something
g700s for mouse

i’m not fancy, sorry

Logitech G510 with 18 Programmable G-keys: Simplify actions. Configure up to 54 unique functions per game, including single key presses, complex macros or intricate LUA scripts…now this gaming keyboard.

As a female gamer with very small child size hands most of gaming mices with all those buttons is too big for my hand to use comfortable…why I love this keyboard with all keys to use.

Usually one of my custom built keyboards with U4 Boba silent switches and a CST L-Trac trackball or Logitech G604 mouse.

Below is an older photo of one of the boards I use sometimes. Not using this one specifically right now but most of them are similar.

I use a Logitech G810

I suggest anything by Logitech or Corsair if you’re a normal user which I assume you are since you’re asking here lol

1 Like

That’s really interesting.
I haven’t done any kind of custom build for gaming in years.
Last thing I did was an arcade stick 6 or 7 years ago.
I should look into that.

Where do you find the parts for that?

If you’re NOT a normal user then head to

They have great guides on how to build your own keyboard :+1:

1 Like

It’s the Dell keyboard that came with a computer I bought like 10 years ago.

My mouse is from Goodwill. I paid I think $2 for it.

1 Like

An old Playtech typewriter.

2 Likes

I used the Razer Black Widow series for the longest time, but eventually I got sick of hearing the typewriter-level noise those produce.

Now I use Corsair’s Strafe silent cherry mx series and man oh man is it such an improvement. The presses feel so much smoother and reactive.

It’s quite a rabbithole, I’ll warn you :wink:

A good starting place is KBDFans, which carries a ton of different cases, PCBs, switches, keycaps, etc. Their stuff ships from China though, so it might take a couple weeks to get to you. Divinikey has a more limited selection but ships from the US.

I’ll second Kaurmine’s rec for r/MechanicalKeyboards.