What keyboard do you use for WoW etc

A truly under appreciated piece of essential hardware. They just feel right, don’t they?

2 Likes

I don’t remember the exact model name and I’m too lazy to take a picture of mine, but it’s a Jelly Comb keyboard I use. This one!

After much consideration, and one amusing video, I have decided to go for something a bit more retro:

I also snagged a little something for all those extra hotkeys…

Hopefully I won’t run out of jumps.

1 Like

Corsair K70 RGB mk.2 Rapidfire. I have the silver edition, the rgb behind the white keys is beautiful

1 Like

The aluminum Mac keyboards aren’t my most favorite but they’re not bad, particularly for the amount of space they take up on your desk. Much better than your average chiclet keyboard to be sure.

Apple made some pretty great boards in the past too. I have one of these old boats (Apple Extended Keyboard II) in the closest that I break out occasionally, and although it needs an adapter it works just as well as it did back in the early 90s.

3 Likes

I decided to go with this one, ordered one of those amazon renewed ones. Seems like a mixed bag with some people getting ones that look brand new and some missing keys but it has a 90 day return window.

I use a Logitech G15, which is even older than the G510’s some others have mentioned, I think.

My G15 broke a number of years ago and I bought a bunch of keyboards trying to find one I didn’t hate. Did not succeed. So I spent a lot of money on not one, but two G15’s (they were already out of production by that point). One’s in the box, still - my last backup if the current one breaks.

1 Like

One of these:
Imgur

I originally got it when I spilled water into my old one and it screwed up the lighting (to the point that it was constantly flashing – if it just stopped lighting up I would’ve kept using it). I got it because the wrist rest is nice and it fit my keyboard tray better - leaving off the numpad gave my mouse more room, which was good for FPS games and such where I’d move my mouse more.

I eventually stopped using the Keyboard Tray and just have everything on top of my desk, but I have a Desktop Mic and it kind of has to be front and center for the best sound, so the numpad being absent is still a boon, since it lets me put the keyboard closer to where I want it without screwing up the mic placement.

That said I do occasionally miss the numpad. Not often, but occasionally. One day I might get a mic arm and go back to a full keyboard and center it better.

i had one of those too. i think Blizz broke it because it could tell you what the BG was from the random que. thats what i used it for before they gave us black listing (and then took it away). i could see what BG popped without entering it, and declining and not getting a deserter debuff. thats my theory as to why they broke it anyway.

ive had quite a few keyboards over the last decade or so, Razer was the worst… ROCCAT was a close 2nd for worst… Corsair seems to be the best, first one i had had cherry mx blues and they were way too loud, thats when i went searching for another and had a couple fail after about a year (ROCCAT and G.Skill). so now im using a Corsair K95 with mx browns. ive had it about 3 months now, so far so good.

I use a combination of a Microsoft Natural keyboard, a logitech g600 mouse and a Razer Tartarus. I mostly use the last two for normal game play and the keyboard is only if I need to type to chat.

I use a razer blackwidow keyboard. I really like it.

Logitech G213.

Pretty solid keyboard. My old one was giving out and this was the best one they had in stock.

Orbweaver and an mmo mouse