What is your favorite WOW spell?

Do not think I have a fav… but I can tell you most listed I despise when used against me in PVP.

1 Like

One I really like simply because of the animation is the broker hearthstone when my body type 2 humans cast it.

1 Like

Symbiosis - It has a whole page devoted to all the things it did.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Symbiosis
1 Like

Prot pally with divine toll is just so satisfying. Chain lightning paired with stormkeeper is also very satisfying.

I played ret briefly for the first time other day, don’t think it had the same appeal, but didn’t play super close attention.

2 Likes

Came here to say this. Either that, Chain Heal, or that one AoE heal that’s a big splash of water. Downpour? Wellspring is cool too.

I’m a big fan of water magic and I think Blizz really nailed Resto Shamans aesthetically.

2 Likes

Bladestorm isn’t a spell tho, lol kidding.

Starsurge easily, firing a high density projectile made of stellar energies always feels so good. It’s like Chaos Bolt but travels faster and can hit just as hard.

I honestly love all Balance spells tbh, I love the cast animation where the druid utilizes each arm to cast Sunfire/Moonfire, calling down stars and moon on people. I just love the fantasy appeal of this spec so much.

If only Arcane Mage spells could look as cool. :joy:

1 Like

I still have memories of the old Chaos Bolt’s flying across the screen. You really did feel like a dad man walking seeing it come at you.

But right now on live? Probably Volley. Satisfying visual. Decent AOE damage. Has synergy with your kit (Trick Shots), which in turn also has synergy with your tier set.

Or Disengage. There’s just some 13 year old kid inside me that enjoys doing the 180 spin into a disengage to leap forwards. Plus it’s a fall-damage save. Plus plus lol you’re melee and finally got onto a hunter? bye.

I have commitment issues; don’t make me pick one.

2 Likes

In terms of name? Elemental Blast
In terms of appearance? Lava Burst

1 Like

I did not play during this. It gave Rebirth to Holy Paladins?

Does that mean you could Rebirth and then do that to a Paladin and they could Rebirth someone else?

1 Like

As a warrior, I love charging across the battlefield. making a swift B-line to those youre about to whammo seems fun :wink:

1 Like

as a holy priest most of my playtime in wow i liked prayer of mending… was fun

chrisp/gotnov

It gives them a spell and yourself a spell. When I’d use it on a Holy Paladin, they would receive Rebirth and I would receive Cleanse. They are free to use Rebirth (Symbiosis) while I receive Cleanse (Symbiosis)

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rebirth_(Symbiosis)

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cleanse_(Symbiosis)

This meant I had both the Druid & Paladin Cleanses at the same time which was nice since they had added a cooldown to Cleanses. Meanwhile the Paladin can cast their version of Rebirth.

BTW these were in addition, the spell was not lost by the original holder of the spells.

Miss giving some monks a bear hug!

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bear_Hug_(Symbiosis)
1 Like

the 3 most iconic spells to me for what a holy shockadin should be. 2 of 3 have been removed :confused:

1 Like

Polymorph, such an iconic spell.

I’ve introduced my nephews to wow this week, and the reaction was exactly the same as when I first played vanilla.

“Omg I can turn them into a sheep???”

1 Like

Starshards. You have to be a night elf priest on classic to enjoy it though.

1 Like

Death grip with Scorpion “GET OVER HERE!” weakaura never gets old.

2 Likes

Which is great for Resto. But they (imo) borked Elemental by making it a Fire-majority spec. Lightning was our bread and butter; it’s why I got into it, and now this…

1 Like

Beside slow fall ,sloooow.

1 Like

My favorite was the warlock’s Metamorphosis.

That was DOPE!

Also the fact you could get green fire with that one quest from MOP chef’s kiss

2 Likes

Tame Beast. I’m kind of surprised nobody has mentioned it. Not a whole lot of spells have communities and an independent website (Petopia) built around the fact this one spell was included in the game.

4 Likes