What is the reason that people thought Sethrak would be playable?

Reading through old threads, I’ve seen many people say thought Sethrak would be playable for the alliance alongside Vulpera. However. I always saw them as just being some kind of npc race like mantid and naga. Why exactly did people think they ever had a chance at being playable?

It was mostly because they thought it would be cool.

8 Likes

People want a reptilian looking race

7 Likes

Because they want Blizzard’s art department to spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to get that body shape to work with armor.

So its more of “I want this to happen” then thinking it actually would?

Forked Tongue fanfiction.

Because they have player-only animations such as the hearth of azeroth thing which makes no sense for NPCs. They received these alongside vulpera.

Also just like vulpera use the male goblin skeleton. Sethrak use the female worgen skeleton, the goblin counterpart in cata.

3 Likes

Pretty much, yeah. Some people are still reaching to find ways to make them happen in Shadowlands by loosely connecting them to Ardenweald because… Sethraliss I guess.

Which, kind of baffles me. Because if we were to get any new races in Shadowlands, you’d expect them to be FROM THE SHADOWLANDS.

1 Like

The heart of azeroth animation isn’t unique. Quillboars, ankoan, gilgoblins and naga also have them.

1 Like

Gilgoblins are just goblins, and ankoan are just night elves. In any case there were more unique animations Sethrak had. Of course I’m just telling you the reasons why people thought so, not debating them.

3 Likes

Armor fit them in a fashion comparable to Worgen.

2 Likes

I still hope they’ll eventually be playable for either faction idc which

4 Likes

Because allied races has made people believe that any new race introduced will be playable.

2 Likes

The idea of allied races kind of opened pandora’s box. We used to so rarely get new race options and now many things seem possible with so many coming in at once. So everything under the rainbow gets requested for one reason or another, especially new races we quest along with who would have a higher chance of playability. People get convinced it could happen, even if it won’t.

1 Like

People are butthurt about Mechagnomes.

There i said it.

7 Likes

TRUUUUUUUU

and i’m sorry to all my mechagnome compatriots but y’all really should’ve been sethrak

or arakkoa

5 Likes

Personally i wanted another second wave of allied races that were Gil Goblins and Ankoan.

But that’s just my take king.

I would argue we should have gotten gilgoblins instead. Vulpera are the race that is the odd one out between allied races. In the case of mechagnomes, I tend to try to look at things in more of an optimistic perspective. In their case I think taking some time to redesign the structure of the central gnome would have gone miles.

With good reason.

I’m sorry mechagnome players, but the race is very disappointing compared to vulpera. They’re just gnomes with metal limbs. Could’ve been a SL customization.

1 Like

Giving them a full mechanical option.

Only thing they need really.