What is the rarest mount or drop that you have or your most prized possession/achievement in WoW?

Apparently, Mollie (mount), Lost Soul (pet) and Greater Dodge (recipe)

ā€œā€¦ of the Black Harvestā€ and Green Fire.

I did it. Alone. All by myself. In time, at level. Took me at least 200 triesā€¦and I have the title to prove it, though I donā€™t use it much. (Iā€™m running green fire at the moment, though.) Piddy doesnā€™t have the cloak because of green fire.

Similarly, Iā€™m proud of my original Knight PvP title, which I finally got on the last week of Vanilla. I was excited to get it so I could go in the Officers Lounge (or whatever it was called) in Stormwind. But when the servers restarted with the BC patch, they opened for everyone. ā€œFine.ā€

1 Like

My current xmog. MoP challenge mode shoulders with cata pvp elite shoulders and mage tower ashbringer skin.

I call it the ā€œyouā€™ll never look like me xmogā€ xmog.

Probably same.

Yea that dataforazeroth site is telling me the 9.1 mounts that I got super lucky on are my rarest currently. Hand of Bahmethra and Crimson Shardhide. Thatā€™s cool, but I think the rare ones that Iā€™m proudest of are my Wicked Swarmer mount and Faceless One title. Just because of the effort it took to get them, you couldnā€™t really get them through boosting, and the fact that I had only been playing WoW for around 3mos. at the time.

Not me but my wife got Mimā€™s head on her first raid ever in Ulduar when we ran it for xmog gear for her.

She still prefers to use the ICC 25 meta drake thoughā€¦

Headless Horseman mount, and Invincible I guess. 7, or 8 years doing the hallows end dungeon before the mount finally dropped. Invincible took about a year of farming ICC on multiple characters before Arthas let it go lol. Not much of a mount farmer, but did want those two mounts. Now, if I get a new mount itā€™s like whatever haha.

Iā€™m very proud of my Black Harvest title. Junkheap Drifter took me ~1,400 kills so that was the longest I ever ground for something.

But my most prized possession are the items needed to summon the old Dreadsteed boss in Dire Maul (they still work!)

Would have to say Baron Rivendares mount tbh. Unexpected drop wasnā€™t even trying for.

1 Like

So, apparently the Pureblood Firehawk is a rare drop - I got mine on my second Firelands run, so it didnā€™t seem like that big a deal to me. I donā€™t use it.

I eventually, after many years of trying, got the Headless Horesemanā€™s Mount. I hardly use it.

The mount that I use, which wasnā€™t that rare at the time, but was an annoying amount of work, is my Winterspring Frostsaber. If I was playing Horde characters, and I liked the way raptors move, Iā€™d use the Horde equivalent that you got from Unā€™goro. But raptors are generally too bouncy for me.

1 Like

i donā€™t know what my rarest one is as far as statistics go, but i consider the time-lost proto my rarest, personally. took a year or two on and off of camping before i got it in Cata

According to that website linked earlier in the thread, my rarest mount is the TCG mount Feldrake, followed behind the Ivory Hawkstrider, both only being owned by 1% of the player base.

My Midnight Courser, which I thought for sure would have been number one, is owned by 2%.

My rarest titles are Tactician and Conqueror, both of which are owned by only 1% of the player base.

1 Like

Thanks Rollo for sharing the link and sending me down a rabbit hole. lol

After checking my character it turns out one of my favorite mounts, and the one Iā€™m most proud of, is also one of my rarest at 2%. Iā€™m really happy I literally fought my way through a bunch of arena matches to earn the token to buy it.

1 Like

My gladiator mounts are probably the rarest thing on my account, dunno which one specifically is the rarest though. I have a lot of other rare things like old elite sets, CM sets for a handful of classes, Hero of the Alliance on two characters, almost every TCG mount and all of the TCG tabards. But the gladiator mounts are still probably the rarest of them.

1 Like

My favorite mount is the Cenarion War Hippogryph. It isnā€™t remotely rare.

But I wanted one ever since Vanilla questing around Teldrassil, Darkshore, and Ashenvale. The model is simply gorgeous.

The other is probably my Argent Warhorse. Again, not rare, but it was a lot of work in the Argent Tournament to get that pretty pony, so I love it. That Crusader title was quite the accomplishment too back in the day.

1 Like

Baron Rivendare mount, 348 runs to get it.

Aeonaxx because I zoned in, walked forward about 40 yards, and was face to face with him.

Two mounts, two polar opposite examples of RNG at work. This makes them two of my personal most highly regarded acquisitions.

Its not rare, but my most prized possession is my Veridian Netherwing Drake. It was a birthday gift from some friends who came together to farm the gold for me to buy epic flying in TBC. Itā€™s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me, they grinded gold in secret for over 2 weeks the mount means the world to me and will always remain in my favourites menu.

5 Likes

Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, I think is the name. Drops off the Sha world boss in MoP.

I was flying by it while a group was fighting it, while it was current content. I figured, what the heck, so I landed and managed to get off one Judgment before they killed it. They were inside 2 percent when I got my hit, and then my system lag ensured I didnā€™t have enough time to get off another attack.

DING, the mount hits my bag. I didnā€™t even know it was rare. Posted it in guild chat like, ā€œHey guys, look what I just apparently gotā€¦ā€

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine with a million alts has farmed that boss every week for the last 8+ years and doesnā€™t have it yet.

1 Like

I have a TCG mount, the Blazing Hippogryph. I have only ever seen one other person with it in all my years of playing. According to that site; the Zhevra mount is extremely rare which surprises me.

My proudest achievement is Master of Isle of Conquest. I did it on Fenny here back in Wrath because I simply had to have the tabard for RP.

Edit: Apparently my Eternal Phalynx of Loyalty is even more rare than my TCG mount. Lol. People must really not like doing Path of Ascension

Time lost proto drake, Spectral gryphon