What is the number 1# thing that made you quit? or makes you at the verge of quitting?

Literally gating the entire expansion behind a time metric.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be shocked. I’d just go back to playing overwatch or something.

#1 - Class balancing is a mess. My fav/main is BM hunter and my dps overall is abysmal. AoE cap sucks. I’m not into the FOTM b.s. just to make myself viable.

Other reasons:
-Can’t farm some of the old content for mounts and achievements.
-Toxic comments are out of control. I’ve become a super casual player now. I
avoid anything more than LFR/LFG.
-Lots of bugs and glitches still. If I drop too far, I disconnect. Lots of screen flickering. Gear not equipping right/clipping. Mounts not moving correctly. Just to name a few.
-Not being able to choose a covenant based on what I like rather than what’s best
for my class. Covenants in general IMO need to take a hike.
-Too many systems to keep track of and maintain, it’s just nuts. I feel like I’m
running around trying to keep up with it all while Blizz is just trying to fill my time
with meaningless stuff to keep me online.

I could list more but eh whatever. I love WoW and don’t want to give up on it yet but it’s getting harder and harder to keep playing. It’s really disappointing.

Also, I know it’s not just me. My FL (granted it wasn’t huge) was very active during BFA, now none of those people are on and haven’t been for a long time.

2 Likes

I can see some justice in this. CRZ and sharding both negatively influence the cohesion of server communities, and axiomatically diminish the incentive people feel to treat fellow-players kindly and invest in overall improvement.

And the apparent disconnect between player concerns and developer priorities strains player investment in the game as a whole. It’s easier to be nasty to others without consequence, and player frustrations get vented on the easy target - other players - all too frequently.

On the surface, we were talking about different immediate concerns, but they are connected, and feed into a growing disaffection with being in-game. I think all in all, players are less toxic than the worst used to be, but also less kind - less of a community.

Lack of a currency system for m+ and the RNG-must-be-core mantra…

I already re-rolled, but I don’t see this lasting that long. It will get too frustrating as the gear is soooo slow.

1 Like

Absolutely no communication. If I felt like any of my issues with the state of the game were being addressed, discussed or even acknowledged, I’d likely stick it out.

There’s been a lot of feedback about the state of Mistweaver monks for example, yet there’s been no hint that they even care.

The last communication for monks at all came in 2018, and it was an opinion piece. Monks! Are you fun? - #19 by Ythisens

2 Likes

The last time I was on the verge of quitting was TBC when all I did was dungeons and arenas. The game was so tedious doing instanced content over and over and over that I didn’t even bother getting WotLK collector’s edition.

Then the game got better with more things to do outside of dungeon every Xpac and I didn’t think about quitting again (although Cata had me tempted…)

I quit for over 2 years because the game was no longer fun anymore.

Also got kicked out of my own guild. It happens.

Perfectly summarizes my experience.

Being arbitrarily gimped in the arena because my best raid covenant is bad there.

Nothing, I love Shadowlands so far. It is not the everything is new. During BfA at this point I was already bored out of my mind.

Level squish and unprune is killing it for me

2 Likes

For this expansion it’s my class. Warlocks suck to play, I’m not an alt guy, and this isn’t an alt-friendly expansion.

All 3 specs are in the bottom 10 for actions per minute, Destro and Demo rock bottom in DPS, Can’t pvp because mobility is king, warlocks are less durable than mages but no damage or mobility. Boring mindless rotations. I’m out when my time expires.

1 Like

Broken catch up mechanic making leveling and gearing alt an nightmare and Eye of the jailer time gating garbage.

I just never seem to be able to find the right guild. That’s on me.

And without that guild, you hit a wall where you can’t queue for anything and have to brave the PUG community.

1 Like

This hit right in the feels, and now I’m realizing the grind in the game takes so much time that I just want to get it over with as painlessly as possible, which means instead of taking those five minutes that I would have fifteen years ago to help someone because why not, helping feels good, I tend to just keep slogging away at the grind.

… it almost feels like the game design itself doesn’t want me to care about other players anymore.

2 Likes

Well that’s a society based issue. People cry at the second content can’t either be beaten blindfolded or soloed.

People desperately want a sense of community while also having a solo player MMO.

2 Likes

I’ve only stopped twice: once after Cataclysm’s launch and again after Legion’s launch.

I flat out didn’t like the story or the new zones in Cata so I quit until MoP.
For Legion, I had just bought a house and every penny counted so WoW had to go. Was able to come back when Argus went live.

I think the kick in the pants is there’s plenty of opportunity for quick collaborative open world multiplayer play that would be easy for solo players to join in and out but the game isn’t encouraging that type of set up these days.

Instead it’s like have a pool of mixed monstrosities gong show…

The state of Death Strike relative to PvP.
Currently i dont intend on renewing my subscribtion until my drain tank can actually heal itself more efficiently than a level 30 Fire Mage, or a level 10 Paladin can.