What is the number 1# thing that made you quit? or makes you at the verge of quitting?

At this rate, its a lack of balancing, class tuning, loot RNG and finally Alliance faction stagnation.
I would personally love to switch to Horde but that likely wont make too much of a difference. Just don’t have it in me to find a new guild that I would enjoy AND bust out challenging content with them (whoever they would be).

I want to tank again as well, but somehow I’ve lost my touch with prot warrior after 14 years. I guess I am just getting older and unable to keep up as much who knows LOL.

Fomo promotional items and limited time gear / transmogs. I have a time sensitive job that keeps me from playing WoW for months at a time and it made me miss out on the mage tower. As a druid main, I died inside when I found out I couldn’t get certain forms again.

2 Likes

You spend so much time doing things you DO NOT want to do because you need them to progress your character. Actiblizzard is out of touch with the playerbase. They are trying to adapt the game to keep it relevant but are failing. I’d rather raid log than deal with the daily/weekly tasks to ‘progress’.

4 Likes

Boredom makes me quit that’s about it .

1 Like

For me…

I am personally tired of being able to see the cynical decision making process of the software company in even small details. The game itself tells me how little my play time is actually valued on a too-regular basis.

5 Likes

Corruption drove me up a wall. I got aotc and quit, but was paid to keep raiding so I came back.

Shadowlands, I’m not quitting yet, but if the next patch is as low effort as nazjatar was, that’s it. It’s become abundantly clear how shallow the game is now.

3 Likes

I agree.

The twist is that I think the game has destroyed the community. One can ignore the masses for only so long…

3 Likes

I don’t mind waiting. My main issue is I came back in legion and bfa midway thru the xpac and everyone had flying. Getting pathfinder then feels oppressive. Facing a multi week grind and having your buddies fly you around on a two person mount isn’t fun.

Also I hate grinding rep. Like legit my least favorite thing to do in this game.

I cant wait for that max cov progression and 10k soul ash flying requirement soon. I am sure everyone is going to love it.

Nothing you negative nancies. I’m enjoying the game whilst balancing out a full time job and outpatient thearpy.

1 Like

The fact that you can’t be a werebear unless you earned the achievement in Legion on your druid sucks too.

1 Like

The big break :sob:

1 Like

Spending hours full clearing raid only to get 1 piece of loot … then the next week doing a full clear of raid and actually only getting that same one piece dropping again and only that same one piece i got the week before.

Running key after key after key without even a conduit to show for it.

The slap to the face that 35 anima actually is.

Leave it to Bliz to go the extreme polar opposite of BfA and screw up another expansion.

I am very much wondering why I’m bothering to log on and motivation to do so is waning knowing all I’m really gaining each week is some soul ash and transmog crap.

3 Likes

Class balance honestly. The loot in the end doesn’t matter nor the content if the classes are clunky, unfun, or just mediocre in all aspects of content.

The single greatest issue this game has is class design, and the difficulty therein in balancing all classes and 30 odd specs to make them fun, viable, and flexible via agency based choices. I’d argue Blizzard needs to put together a specialized elite team to handle class balance and design for this and further expansions, or improve upon the team that they have already in place.

3 Likes

Tank survivability scaling turned out to be utter trash, so tanking is kiting in m+, which means demon hunter.

Necrotic still hasn’t been deleted from the game.

PvP is hilariously unbalanced, windwalker monks in particular is far enough out of line, that it needs a knee jerk nerf that cripples them for the rest of the expansion.

Just a lot of potential, ruined by their desperate attempts to become an e-sport. Both the PvP imbalance (burst meta is a better spectator sport), and mplus being a miserable tanking experience, can trace to this.

1 Like

The loot changes.

I cancelled my subscription and after the 2-something months I have left end if the loot situation hasn’t changed I won’t subscribe again.

I really hope blizzard takes a nice long look at this thread…but I know they wont because its not on reddit.

Literally gating the entire expansion behind a time metric.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be shocked. I’d just go back to playing overwatch or something.

#1 - Class balancing is a mess. My fav/main is BM hunter and my dps overall is abysmal. AoE cap sucks. I’m not into the FOTM b.s. just to make myself viable.

Other reasons:
-Can’t farm some of the old content for mounts and achievements.
-Toxic comments are out of control. I’ve become a super casual player now. I
avoid anything more than LFR/LFG.
-Lots of bugs and glitches still. If I drop too far, I disconnect. Lots of screen flickering. Gear not equipping right/clipping. Mounts not moving correctly. Just to name a few.
-Not being able to choose a covenant based on what I like rather than what’s best
for my class. Covenants in general IMO need to take a hike.
-Too many systems to keep track of and maintain, it’s just nuts. I feel like I’m
running around trying to keep up with it all while Blizz is just trying to fill my time
with meaningless stuff to keep me online.

I could list more but eh whatever. I love WoW and don’t want to give up on it yet but it’s getting harder and harder to keep playing. It’s really disappointing.

Also, I know it’s not just me. My FL (granted it wasn’t huge) was very active during BFA, now none of those people are on and haven’t been for a long time.

2 Likes